Spokes

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Should we try a new cereal?" Yerim asked as she scrutinised a box of orange flavoured cereal. She showed it to Sumin. "We don't need to have orange juice separately," she laughed. The two girls are doing their biweekly grocery shopping. They have gone shopping on a Sunday morning after brunch at their favourite cafe nearby. 

Sumin rolled her eyes. Yerim seems to be on a mission to change their diet. Earlier, she had decided to get brioche instead of the normal bread and then mango lassi instead of the normal yoghurt drink. Sumin has been game to entertain Yerim need for a change in diet but she stops at the orange flavoured cereal. Taking the box from Yerim, she put it back and take a box of oreo cereal. They both love oreo biscuit, so they can't go wrong with an oreo cereal. 

"What about Sehun's cereal?" Yerim asked. Sehun like the Coco pops.

Sumin stopped. "Hmm.. He hasn't been sleeping over for quite some time. I think there is still a box at home," she answered quietly. Sehun has been very busy to a point he was sick. And since filming for his drama has started, she does not expect him to come over often.

"Hey, have you given some thoughts about meeting his parents?" Yerim asked. Sumin had told Yerim about Sehun's parents wanted to meet her. Sumin was still reluctant and had requested time to think about it.  "His parents asked to see you. I think it is rude to not go," Yerim pointed out.

Sumin sighed. She agreed wholeheartedly, but it doesn't mean that it is any easier to agree to the meeting. "I know. I'm just afraid. His parents must not be too thrilled that Sehun is dating."

"Stop over thinking about it. Sehun is an adult. His parents surely will respect his decision on dating. But they will be upset that you refuse to see them, even after being asked. What if they know Sehun has met your parents?" Yerim pointed out.

Sumin shook her head, trying to get rid of the tangles in her mind. She admitted that she is a worrier, often over thinking. 

"I don't know why I agreed for him to pick me up then. We'd just started dating and he already met my parents. That was so stupid," she lamented. 

Yerim didn't disagreed. They had discussed the matter before and concluded then it was too early for her. But Sumin was too new into the relationship and  too surprised to be in one that she wasn't thinking rationally. But there is no point crying over spilt milk. "You have to meet his parents," Yerim advised.

 

The song Instagram by Dean was playing as Sehun and Sumin danced in each other arms. Occasionally when Sehun come over early, they would dance to some random playlist on Spotify.  Since knowing Sehun, Sumin has discovered the joy of dancing. Since she rarely go clubbing, she would dance with Sehun or Yerim at home. Occasionally she even danced on her own to release stress.

Sumin giggled when Sehun started planting kisses along her jaw to her ear. "Hun," she giggled as she tried to pull away. Sehun pulled her even closer as he kissed the sensitive spot beneath her ear and then one of his hands started roaming under her shirt. She slapped his hand playfully and pulled away.. 

She chuckled when she saw him pouting. "Later big man!" Sehun sighed. They've not seen each other for almost three weeks. He missed and wanted her so badly but Sumin think 9pm is too early to go to bed. Who wants to sleep? He has other things in mind. But he relented. He didn't want to be erted and only be jumping on her every time they meet. Although it's only natural since they don't see each other often, he defended himself internally.

He pulled her back in and started dancing again. "Su, have you thought about meeting my parents?" he asked. Sehun was disappointed that Sumin is still reluctant to meet his parents. They've been together for a long time, and it is belated to meet his parents. To top it off, his parents has requested the meeting and yet she still need time to think about it. He almost felt as if Sumin wasn't as serious about him as he is about her, almost because his gut feel tell him that couldn't be true.

"Ok," she answered softly.

Sehun stopped dancing. He pulled back and glanced down. Sumin met his stare. 

"For real?" he asked, still doubtful.

"Yes," she replied firmly. She couldn't help but grin when she saw that Sehun's face suddenly brightened up and beaming happily 

"YES!!" he shouted. Just then, the song Shootout by Monsta X played. Even though Sehun has a prejudiced grudge against Monsta X just because Sumin likes the group, he started jumping to the song happily, grabbing her along. Sumin laughed at his antics but joined him in dancing happily.

 

Sumin realised that she worried unnecessarily. Although she has agreed to meet Sehun's parents, he has schedule every weekend that there doesn't seem to be any opportunity to visit his parents. Sehun still goes home when he can, but it is usually during the weekdays when she is in school. She decided to worry about it when the time comes and instead focus on her school work, since mid terms assignments are due and exams coming up. She was in a discussion with her group when she received a call from Sehun.

"Hey, are you at the filming site?" she asked.

"Yeah. Lunch break now," he replied. 

Sumin glanced at her watch and saw that it was almost 3pm. "That's a late lunch," she pointed out.

He just hummed. "You wanted to tell me something?" he asked. She had texted earlier saying to call whenever he is free.

"Ahh.. nothing urgent. My cousin getting married at the end of the month. In Busan. So I be away that weekend. And since its the start of my two weeks break, I may stay longer. Though not too long since I have things to do here. I don't know your schedule then, so just updating you," she told him.

"Hmm.. end of the month? I will be travelling for the filming next week. Let me find out my schedule and get back?" Sehun responded.

"Ah ok. Do I get to see you before you go?" she asked quietly.

"Definitely. I will find time sweetie. I got to go now. Love you."

 

"Su, I'm coming back only on the 27th. And then I will going to New York for a week on the 30th," Sehun told her over the phone the next day.

Sumin sighed. Her cousin's wedding is on the 28th. She is one of the bridesmaids and there is an extended family dinner the day before the wedding. She already bought the train ticket to leave on the 26th and returning on the 31st. "I guess I see you when you come back from New York," she said resignedly.

"Please sweetie. I must see you when I come back from filming," Sehun cajoled. "Can you take a late train? My flight touches down at 11am. See me first before you go" he suggested.

Upon knowing that tickets for the train has been purchased, Sehun persuaded Sumin to change her tickets to leave on the 27th evening, giving them some time together that day and to return on the 29th instead. Sumin was reluctant as it means arriving when dinner has started and she would not have extra time to spend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter