It's Inevitable

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey," Lisa greeted as she sat down and opened a textbook in front of her.  "Is she ok?"

Yerim glanced around and then shook her head. "She's far from ok. How did they figure out that she's studying here?" For the past couple of days, there were groups of Sehun's fans that have been sniffing around the campus. They were seen hassling some students for information and hanging around the compound, searching for his girlfriend. 

Lisa shook her head. "I'm not sure how but I'm not surprised. They are resourceful. So far I've heard that they knew she was a student that used to work at the bubble tea cafe near SM building. Fortunately, they haven't gotten her name yet."

The two girls were quiet for a moment. 

"Yerim, it's not looking good for Sehun," Lisa spoke. 

Yerim nodded. She knew that. So did Sumin.

After Sehun's visit, Yerim and Sumin did a lot of research on Idol's dating and Sehun's fandom. They sought Lisa's help to explain more about Kpop and the Idol's fan culture since both are not that well versed in it despite Sehun and Sumin having dated for two and a half years. What they have found so far did not make the improve their grasp of the situation. There had been rare occasions when an Idol was able to successfully date publicly. Most discovered relationship failed. Yerim grew worried as she has caught Sumin staring into space, deep in thoughts, not even noticing the tears that trickle down her face.

Lisa has garnered other EXO-Ls to be more vocal of their support for Sehun's relationship. They actively posted on the various social media showing their support and even rebuts some of the negative comments. Despite the large support they made, it could not drown out the small yet deafening voices of those who hated Sehun's dating. And antis latched onto this negativity to put Sehun down further. The sentiment is growing quite badly that it got to a point where Lisa had confided in Yerim her concern if Sumin's identity were to be discovered.

Most of their close friends that knew of Sumin's friendship with Sehun had suspected that she was his girlfriend. Fortunately, they really like her as she has always been a kind and true friend. Most chose to pretend that they were unaware or oblivious to the connection and unknown to Sumin, made small efforts to protect her. Someone always tried to be with her at all times, especially the guys. When Sumin and Yerim are going home, at least one guy would accompany them to the car park on the pretext of walking in the same direction or going back themselves. A couple of them has been approached by Sehun's fans but they pretend to be ignorant. When they are together having lunch or study breaks, they would try to make the atmosphere lighthearted to put smiles on Sumin's face. 

 

"I will call you while I'm in Japan, ok?" Sehun reassured Sumin over the phone. He is leaving for Japan and would be away for 5 days. He won't be going with the rest of the group, leaving earlier on an unpublished flight to prevent reaction to his presence at the airport with the rest.

"Ok. Please take care of yourself," she replied. Her heart is heavy as she watched Sehun's struggles. Despite his frequent assurance that he would survive the upheavals, it hurt her a lot at how much a burden she has become. 

"Su," Sehun called out softly. 

"Yes Hun," she responded quietly.

Sehun closed his eyes as he breathed in deeply. He knew she is struggling but he is unsure of how else to assure her, to give her the strength when he himself felt lost in the sea. He felt powerless.  They talked to each other several times a day. However, they have stopped talking on the impact of their relationship on his fans. The tides were against them and it was hard. Sehun chose to chat with her on other things, her school work in her final year, her paintings, her family, his Vivi anything but what the troubles upon them. Understanding his reluctance to talk about the bleak state they are currently facing, Sumin silently stood by as they buy out the time for the brouhaha to die down. It has not been as quick as Sehun had surmised, but she hope it would happen soon.

"I love you so much," he conveyed his feelings with utmost sincerity, hoping that his love is enough to sustain her.  

"I know. And I love you very much," she whispered. Tears sprung in her eyes as her heart ached for him.

 

Clutching her knees as she sat by the window in her room, she stared at the night lights in her neighbourhood. Its like deja vu; Sumin had sat staring at the same view when their relationship was at its infancy, contemplating on the direction of their relationship. She had struggled then with being in a relationship, especially with someone whose lifestyle was hard for her to understand and be part of. His scandal with Irene then shook her and she had questioned whether it was what she wanted. She had then decided to let it go as its not a life she wants for herself. But then Sehun firmly convinced her to not give up, to give them a chance to make it work.

Now, two and a half years later, she felt like she is at a crossroad again. Sehun was still the same, resolute and confident that their love could withstand the tumultous effect after being discovered. She admired that about him, it didn't matter at which stage of their relationship, or his friendship with others, he would stubbornly cling to his belief, refusing to budge. 

Harshly wiping the tears that escaped her eyes, she rested her head against her knees. There seems to be a well of tears in her, pouring out wilfully inspite her efforts to dam it. 

Being loved by Sehun has been the best thing in her life. His love has been unconditional, steadfast and unwavering, Sumin thought as she smiled through her tears. Sumin can't imagine loving anyone else. His hands is the only one she wants to hold on to, the body she wants to wrap her ams around, the lips she wants to kiss and the face she wants to wake up to. How does she give up someone who made her life worth a lot more living for, who smiles brighten up her days and stirred her deeply. She is so deeply in love with him that she wants to be just like him, stubbornly refusing to see that the circumstances around them that have changed. 

A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. She wiped away her tears as she answered the knock. Yerim walked in and sat in front of her. Yerim reached out and brushed her hair that has been falling in front of her face, strands of it glued to her face because of her tears.

"Have you eaten?" Yerim asked quietly. Jenny had sent Sumin home that day since Yerim had project meeting.

Sumin lowered her eyes, not wanting to admit that she had skipped dinner, once again.

Yerim tilted her head up and glared. "You promised me you were going to have your dinner tonight," she scolded. Her heart soften as Sumin's lips wobbled.

"Come, i brought back some mandu and cupcakes," Yerim offered. She knew her bestfriend would not be able to stomach any heavy meal as she has barely been eating. Tugging Sumin along, they went to the kitchen and quietly ate the snacks she brought.

"His agency asked me to come over tomorrow," her voice was barely audible. "I told them I can only make it after class at 3."

Yerim was quiet, grimly thinking of the best way to handle this. She can't ask Chanyeol for advice. He is in Japan for the fanmeet and if Sehun knew about the meeting, they do not know what could happen to the event. Japan is one of the countries where the fans has been supportive. Any emotional reaction from Sehun may affect it.

"I'll come with you," Yerim responded.

Sumin raised her eyes towards her friend. "You have class."

"Its ok. I get myself excuse. Unless you don't want me there," Yerim replied sincerely, her eyes stared worriedly at Sumin.

A small smile broke on Sumin's face. "I want you there with me. Thank you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter