Chani's Birthday

The Missing Piece of The Puzzle

XXIX

"YAH! KANG CHANI!" you added screaming to the phone. "What the..." he added. You hang up and quickly knock on the door of his house, since you figure he was the only one at home.

*DING DONG*

You rang the door bell with one hand.Chani walk to the door and yell "Coming" opening it.You look at him and walk straight in like you been there multiple time before, even though it was only one . "What the?" he added as he was holding the door for you. "I'm going to be here for a while, so be prepare." You walk straight into his kitchen without making any eyes contact.

"Okay 1 cup of water, 1 stick of butter (softened) and 3 eggs." you added as you look at the receipe you needed to make a cake. You started putting things out of the table and look over them one by one, just to make sure you didn't forget anything. Chani yelled "Hey! I am gonna take a shower" you yelled "okay" You began texting the other about meeting up chani's house, since it was his birthday and you wanted to do something for him. 

You started putting the cake mixture into the over for 30-40 mins. But you constantly checking it just in case you don't burn Chani's house down.You began rolling out the fondant with a rolling pan "Do you need help?" Chani added ask he walk out of the bathroom with a towel over his wet hair. *Thinking to yourself* "AHHHH.....CALM DOWN" *Thump thump thump* He began looking around the kitchen space "...What is all this mess for...?" he added started clearning up one by one. 

*Thinking yourself* "Pabo, why didn't you tell me it was your birthday." you added while rolling the fondant and look at him cleaning the table with a towel over his head. You began rolling again, until Chani began rolling your shelves up. You stop what you were doing and stare at him "CRAP" *thinking to yourself* 

- 30 minutes later -

You started pacing back and forward poking a toothpick into the cake to check if it was done or not. "Not yet" you added going back to cutting up some fruit for the decoration. He look over at you and walk over "What's the occucation ? You're putting so much effort into a cake..." You look at him "Oh, nothing just cause that's all." He look at you and pick up a strawberry "Whatever then" and eat it. "yah!" you added "Calm down, it's his birthday. You can't hurt him.. just yet..." you added mumbling to yourself.

*DING* 
"Cake is done" you added as you hear your phone alarm went off. You open up the oven and before you knew it, you burn yourself "Ouch..." you added holding on to your finger and blow on to it. Chani heard you and walk over to you "Yah, you idiot. There is an oven mitts for a reason" he added bringing out the cake with an oven mitts and setting it down to cool, while helping you with your burn. You started staring him while he was helping you "It would be nice, if you would act like this even after what going to happen..." *thinking to yourself* 

*CLICK CLICK* 
The door open before you knew it, it was Soojin and the guys "What are you two doing?" they added as they look at you both. You both stood up and scratch your head "nothing" you both reply in unison. "Hmm alright.." Daehwi added putting down the stuff on the kitchen. "What's going on?Why is everyone here?" Chani added started questioning everything. "Umm.." they all look at each other. Soojin snap "Oh Chani ah, can you come with me to get something? " Chani look at her and nodded "Sure, I'll be right back then." He look at you and put on a bandage for you "OOOOOO" Jaechan added and Kuanlin hit him. 

"We'll be right back" Soojin added and left with Chani. Everyone let out a deep sighed and began putting up the decorations. You look at your finger and began icing the cake with Kuanlin "where's Jinyoung?" You added.The guys look at each other "He said he's gonna to come late, so yeah." Daehwi added as he started blowing up some balloons. 

[Chani and Soojin]
As they were working back from the store "Yah,you really don't have anything to say to me?" Soojin asked and Chani reply "What's going on with you?" Soojin sighed "You already know, every since what happened with Jaein. A lot have been going on.I mean beside that I like everything right now, like our group Jaein,you,Kuanlin,Daehwi and..." He smirk "Jinyoung" Soojin nodded "Hmm" She look at him and added "But you like Jaein..." Chani stop walking and look at her "I mean after you move here and how close you two became,it seems like you've started to change." Chani look at her in shocked and trying to avoid eyes contact, he gulp "What are you saying? You literally told me a few days ago about how I flirt" She interrupted "Yeah, I know. But last time you ask me a serious question "Did I look like I was fliriting with them?" It is all because of Jaein..Right?" Chani added "wow..." there was an awkward silent between them two and Chani added "Was it that obvious?" She nodded "You can't fool anyone"
tumblr_obrqylCx6l1v8bhjno5_400.gif

[Chani's house]
*CLICK CLICK* 

"Hmm why it is so dark?"Chani added trying to find the lightswitch but then *BOOM* "Happy birthday to you ! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday Kang Chani ! Happy birthday to you" Everyone sang. While you were holding a cake in your hand and walking towards him "Okay make a wish" you added. He look at you and blow the candles

birthday, kdrama, and fnc image
"WOAH!!"Jaechan added jumping up and down, while Kuanlin turn on the light. Daehwi ran to grab some plates,while Soojin was grabbing the forks. 

Chani look at you "Did you do all of this?" you look at him and nodded. He look around and pat you on the head "Nice job." "Okay come on, let's have some cake" Daehwi added setting the plates and began cutting the cake. Jaechan look at the cake "Let's eat."Soojin look at Chani and started giving him signal "Tell her..." she added pointing to you. But before Chani can say anything, Jaechan interrupt him "Oh I totally forgot, Chani did you make a wish ?" Chani look at everyone and added "Oh wish...Yeah" Everyone look at him wondering what it was and Jaechan added "What it is? Tell us!" Daehwi hit his arm "If he told you, it wouldn't come true." 

"Oh yeah, did anyone text Jinyoung to figure out when he's coming?" You pull out your phone and added "I did, he said work is pack right now. He most likely wouldn't make it..." you added looking disappointed by the reply. Jaechan sighed "Wow...Bae Jinyoung. He didn't even bother texting me, but when a girl texts him. He replies.." He added shaking his head. Kuanlin shakes his head "Honestly if anything Daehwi and I can bring some cakes back to him." 

Jaechan took the first bite of the cake "Wow...Lee Jaein" he added pointing to the cake and putting a thumb up "I didn't know you can make a cake this good!" Everyone look and began taking a bite "Wow Noona, this is so good. Next time can you make this for me too?" Kuanlin added with a mouth full with cake.You smile and nodded "Sure thing" 

*RING RING* 

"Jaein ah, your phone" Soojin screams to you from the living room. "Oh coming" you added taking out the rubber gloves that you were washing the dishes with. "Small Face" you took your phone and went outside to the balcony to answer it.
-On the phone-
Jinyoung:Sorry for not coming
You:It's fine, Kuanlin and Daehwi will bring home some cake for you
Jinyoung:Hmm, are you busy tomorrow?
You:No, why?
Jinyoung:Let's go somewhere tomorrow.

You began hesitanting "Umm, sure" you added and hanging up your phone. "VDIFJVIDOFJVDIOFIVDIVDPVDFJOJI" you began pacing back and forward. "Jaein ah, we're going to leave" Soojin added looking at you. You stop pacing and went back inside "You guys are leaving?" Jaechan and the other nodded "Yeah, we will help cleaning up before we leave." you nodded and began helping them also. 

[Chani's POV]
As you were about to go out and talk to Jaein, you overheard her conversation with Jinyoung."Let's meet up tomorrow" Jinyoung said on the phone with Jaein. You quickly hesitated and began going back to whatever you were doing. Soojin came over to you and tap your shoulder "What's with the moody personality ?" she added. You look at Jaein and back at her "Oh no, nothing. Just doing my own thing. That's all" she look at you and shake her head "Okay,weirdo"

You took out your phone and look at it "Tomorrow, okay" you added looking at Jaein.

- 30 minutes - 
"Ughh, everything is clean. Phew that's was a lot" you added as standing outside of Chani's balcony. He walk up to you and hand you a drink "here, drink it" you look at him and grab it "Thanks" you took a sip "AHHH, So nice!" He look at you and turn his side towards you, you saw him staring at you in the corner of your eyes and stare back at him "What?" you added looking at him.He smile "Thanks for working so hard today" he added putting his hand on top of your head. 

You move his hand and went back to looking the direct, you were looking before. "Oh I totally forgot, what was your wish anyway? You didn't tell us." He smirk and look down "You really want to know?" you chuckled "I most likely wouldn't afford it, but tell me anyway." He move a step closer to you and turn your whole body towards him. "Close your eyes" he added. You look at him suspicious "okay, but if you do anything stupid. I will kick you." you added looking both your eyes. 

"Here goes nothing" he say underneath his breathe. He put both his hands on your face and lead in to kiss your forehead, before you knew it. You can feel his lip on top of your forehead touching it directly *THUMP THUMP THUMP* You open your eyes to him and you both just look at each other, with his hands still holding your face. He put down his hands and smile "That was my wish" you look at him in shocked *Hiccup* you gasp as you started feeling how hot you were. "Ummm, I think I should get going now.I'll see you soon." You added running to the living room, grabbing your bag and left. 

You ran outside of his building with your bag in your hand and began fanning yourself."Did that just happened?Oh my god..." *Hiccup* "AISH.." you added running away to catch the bus to go home. 

[Home]
"Heol, that really happened..." you added walking inside your house holding on to your cheeks. Your brother walk out from his room and saw you "What's up with you, why are you so red?" You look at him and began denying "Nothing! Nothing happened..Why are you asking so many questions?" You added running into your room and locking the door behind you. You put down your bag and went straight to bed. 

But you couldn't get what happened out of your mind. It just replay that moment over and over again "...Oh my..." you added started wheezing into your pillow. You put it down and touch your forehead, where Chani kiss you. "Heol..." you added in shocked. You pick up your phone and began calling Soojin. "Pick up ! Pick up !" You added.

- On the phone -
Soojin"Nae?
You:Soojin ah..Ummm I have something to say but promise you wouldn't say it to anyone..Please!
Soojin:*Laugh* what it's so important that you are rambling like crazy.
You:Um..Chani kiss me
Soojin:WHAT! WHERE? HOW? WHEN? WHAT?
You:Hush, you're being too loud. It happened after you guys left..He kiss me on the forehead and that's it. 
Soojin:Heol, Kang Chani...
You: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO ANYMORE, I DON'T THINK I CAN FACE HIM
Soojin:*Chuckles* You like it didn't you 
You:*Suttering* No...I..
Soojin:Yah! Fix your feeling first before deciding anything. I gotta go, be calm. Don't die 
You:..I'll try *pouted* 

[Next Morning]
You walk out of your room for some breakfast, your brother walk out of his room with his work outfit and a luggage. "Hmm you're up early" you turn around to him "Oh..What with the luggage?" you question. He look at you and added "Our company is going on a 5 days trips for work, so I'll be gone for a few days." You look at him "Oh..Okay" He put on his shoes and grab whatever he needed "So please, take care of the house and don't burn it down." he added. You look at him and smirk, while making some breakfast "More like you burn it down and not me." you mumbled. "I heard that" he yell walking out, closing the door behind him. 

"Oh I totally forgot, I need to go get something for college today. I should do that before hanging out with Jinyoung" You added putting on a quick outfit and ran downstair to the post office. "Oh Jaein ah" someone scream at you. You turn around and saw who it was "Oh Jinyoung ah" he walk up to you and added "Where are you going?" you look at him "Im going to stop by the post office for something, you?" He put up a bag of coffeeshop stuff "Just getting some stuff for the coffee shop that's all." You look at him "ah I see how is your hand?" He look at you and down at his hand "Getting better" you nod and he stare at you "Umm let's go together then, since it on the same direction." 

You nodded and began walking with him *thinking to yourself* "Should I tell him what happened with Chani and I?No...I shouldn't" He stop and you look up "Oh I guess, we're here." He nodded "yeah, go on it. I see you later" you smile and nodded. You open the door but then "Jaein ah, the cake you made was delicious." He added then walk away. You smirk and walk inside the post office to do some paper work. 

A/N: Updating more than usual now so yeah :)) I hope everything is going well for you guys during this whole COVID thing.