Afterschool

The Missing Piece of The Puzzle

VIII

It have been 1 weeks since you and Ryeoun have been going out. Well everything is going great for you, you got to know Wanna one guys more now but beside that you and Jinyoung haven't speak to each other in a while. Even though you both have the same class, take the same electives, and hang out at the coffeeshop together there was no conversation beside a few eyes contact once or twice.

[Jinyoung POV]
You enter the library during your break to have some peace and quiet to study, until you quick sat down at the table,across from you was Jaein. Her table was 3 table down from you.But every since what happened you both haven't speak to each other and well you both try your best to avoid each other to the best of your ability. *Thinking to yourself* "She doesn't see you, so you are fine. Don't worry about it" You began to open your book but then someone walk over and pat you on the shoulder "YAH!" you were in shocked and look up to realize it was your best friend Jaechan. 

"You guys still haven't talk, I see" Jaechan added sitting next to you with his arm over shoulder. You look at Jaein and nodded "yeah", Jaechan sigh "Such luck man." you gave him the death stare "If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place" you mumble. As you and Jaechan keep bickering at each other someone came up to you. "Jinyoung ah, hi." you nodded back "hi". The person continue "I know you don't know me, but I want to say I like you a lot and I hope you can accept my feeling for you." She added handed you a letter. Jaechan chuckled beside you,"Oh thank you..But I-" you added. She put her head down "Oh.. I see." and walk away. You let out a deep sigh "Why does this always happened?" Jaechan laughed "Just accept that you are famous." You shake your head and went back to what you were doing. 

[Your POV]
School have been decent for you, you started to go to the library more often than before. Because you try your best to avoid Jinyoung and not deal with anything he had to say to you. You sat down your usual spot in the library and start working on the homework the night before since you completely forgot, as you were about to finish up. Daehwi came over your table and hand you some banana milk "here, since you haven't been eating right for a couple of days." you smiled "Thanks!you're the best" Daehwi smiled. 

As you and Daehwi were talking across the tables from you, you saw a girl confessed to Jinyoung but got rejected. You look at the scene and without saying anything, shake your head. "You still haven't talk to him yet?" Daehwi asked. "Nope and I don't want to waste my time on someone,who eavesdropped on my conversation" you added as you scan through your book. Daehwi sigh "Oh, lord" 

*BELL RING* 
As class went on you and Jinyoung keep on exchanging looks without even knowing "yah, just go talk to him." Daehwi whisper. You look at him and shake your head "no way!"

Class ended just on time "okay settle down, so you guys know what today is" Ms.Jung added and the class started groaning "Afterschool clean up" they all said in unision. She chuckled and call up the class president. "Please let it not be me." Daehwi whisper to himself while praying. You look at him and smile by how funny he was. Ms.Jung look at the class pres and back to the class "Every interesting pick, Bae Jinyoung and -" As Jinyoung name was being called, every girls in your class started to pray that their name would be announce. You look down and shake your head. "Lee Jaein" Ms.Jung announced and the whole class group was shocked. "WHAT" Jinyoung stans said. 

Daehwi looked at you and Jinyoung "Yah, are you okay" you were frozen in place and couldn't say anything.Daehwi shake you back to reality "YAH!" you snap out of it "Hmm...Oh.." Ms.Jung look at you both and smile "Jinyoung and Jaein, you guys are on afterschool duty today." You both nodded and Ms.Jung exit the classroom. "Are you going be okay?" Daehwi added ask he pick up his bag and about to head out. You smile and nodded "yeah" He left the classroom."Must be nice.." One girl said as she left the classroom while rolling her eyes.

[3:00pm]
Everyone have left the building beside you, Jinyoung and a couple of teachers. You both began talking towels and some water and start cleaning the windows one by one. There was tension in the air but no one was going to point it out, you both haven't spoken for 1 weeks and things between you two haven't been the greatest. 

As you were cleaning the windows, you couldn't reach the top half of the windows because of your height. So you were trying your best and hops to reach. Jinyoung looked over at you and chuckled, he pull up a chair next to you "here, see if that would help." You were suprised that he spoke first."Oh..thanks" you added pulling the chair closer to you and start cleaning the window. While you were cleaning , you look up and saw a spider and started to freak out "AHHHH" as you were about to fall down. Jinyoung ran over and catch you, which cause you both to fall down on the ground and you were on top of him.

You try to get yourself up, but your face and Jinyoung's face were 5 inches away from each other. There was a long pause for a while, but then your phone ring.You both got up"Hello?Oh oppa? yeah I'll be home soon." You hang up the called and you both look at each other. You notice how red cheeks was "Why am I burning up?" *Thinking to yourself* as you turn around and continue where you left off.

[3:30pm]
Beside what just happened, you guys both went back to what you were doing and start finishing up without saying a word to each other. As you both finished, you and Jinyoung grabs your stuff and head to the teacher office "Ms.Jung, we finished everything." Ms.Jung smile at you both "that's good, also remember that we have a camp trips coming up soon. Remember to tell your guardians about it. Good work, you both." You both bow and start heading out of the teacher office. 

As you both start heading home, you guys were walking in the same direction but every distance from each other. No conversation or communication what so ever. But as you were walking you saw Ryeoun oppa across the street and was about to wave at him, until you saw him with another girl. "Hm, who is she? Must be one of his co-worker" you whisper to yourself and start heading home, this is when you and Jinyoung start going the opposite direction. Without knowing you turn around to see if he was still there "Oh, he left..." 

[Jinyoung's POV]
On the way home you couldn't help but to feel uneasy little by little. "Why am I feeling this way? Aish.." *BEEP BEEP* 
-- MESSAGE --
Guanlin: Hyung! Kyulkyung noona came by looking for you today at work.

You look at the message and put your phone away, sigh "i need some peace and quiet" you added entering into your building. 

[Your POV]
You walk inside your place and took off your shoes "I'm home" you yelled as you enter into the living room "Hmm, he's not home yet?" you look around for your brother. "you're home?" he came out of his room. You turn around and saw your brother "hmm". He approach you "why the heck is your cheeks so red?" you were shocked by what he said and began putting your hands on your cheeks "I'm not" you added and run inside your room. 

"Oh no! I'm still red" you said looking at yourself in the mirror. "Calm down, it probably nothing.. right?" you added while pacing back and forward in your room. "UGHH..why can't I get him out of my head?" *thinking to yourself* 

*DING DONG* 
"I'll get it" you added as you run out of your room to get the door. "Ryeoun oppa!" you said opening the door to your boyfriend. "Hi" he added taking off his shoes and pats your head. "Oh! you're here." your brother added. You saw Ryeoun was carrying something "Oh, let me help you with that" he smile and take your hand "It's alright, I rather you hold my hands instead."

As your brother and Ryeoun were setting up for dinner. You were also helping them by setting the plates and cups."Dinner is ready!" 

Image result for korean traditional food

"WOW" you added while sitting down. "jal meokgesseumnida" You took your first bite "WOW, Oppa your cooking is the best" you said putting a thumb up.Ryeoun smile at how cute you are and pat your head. "Oh, so how are you guys with your dating life." You chocked on your food. Ryeoun gave you a cup of water "It's only been a week dude,chill out." your brother took his bite "hey, I'm just wondering." You gave him a death stare.

"Oh I forgot, I saw you today with some girl. Who was that?" Ryeoun look at you in shocked "Oh Hayoung ?She's a close friend of mine that invited me out for coffee that's all." You look at him and nodded "ah.." As you continue eating. Your brother and Ryeoun started to exchange looks. 

[After dinner] 
You went to take a shower while your brother and Ryeoun was cutting up fruits. "So you're not going to tell her about Hayoung?"  Ryeoun look at your brother "Me and Hayoung dated a lot time around, we're just friend that's all" he added. Your brother stop what he was doing "Yeah friend, who you left my sister for and never tell her about it." 

As your shower, you didn't mean to hear their conversation. But you did, you heard everything and your heart started to get really uneasy that you couldn't breath. You let out a deep breath and walk out pretending everything was okay "Woah is that fruit I see." you added as you walk up beside Ryeoun and grab your arms around his.Ryeoun look at you and smile "Hmm, go sit down and I will bring it over for you." You smiled and sat down on the couch.

"Just know that if you hurt my sister again, our friendship mean nothing to me." Your brother whisper in Ryeoun's ear and walk over to you. "Fruit time!" he added putting down a plates of fruit. After a while, Ryeoun started to look at the time "It's getting late, I should really get going." He stood up. "I'll show you out." You stood up with him and you both started heading down from your apartment building. 

[Outside]
Ryeoun looked at you and held your hands "Oppa...Who is Hayoung?" you added. Ryeoun look at you in shocked "She's-" you put your head down "Yeah a close friend..." Ryeoun look at you in worried "Jaein ah, what Hayoung and I had was history. We're just friend now and you got to trust me on that." You sigh and nodded."I should really get going on" He added and lean in to kissed your forehead. You wave at him as he walk away and head back to your building.

[Inside]
You let out a sighed and went to the kitchen to get a cup of water. "He left?" your brother added.You nodded. "Yeah, oh also.My school is going on a 3 days and 2 night camping trips soon. I just let you know I wouldn't be home, so you don't need to make dinner." Your brother look at you "Just be safe, okay" you nodded and head to your room to start packing. 

While you were packing, someone called you on the phone. "Face time call? Who the heck is this?" you pick up "Hello?" The other end "YAH! Lee Jaein, what face mask should I bring for our trip." Daehwi questioned. You look at him and chuckled. "Anything is fine, honestly" You laughed "Okay I'm bring everything" you shake your head by how silly your best friend was. *Thinking to yourself* "At least one thing good happened today"

x A/N:Please keep up with the support, I would appreciate it so much. Thank You ! x 
Image result for bt21 gif