One Missed Call

The Missing Piece of The Puzzle

V

 "Lee Jaein ! LUNCH TIME ! WAKE UP !" your brother yelled. "UGHHH..wha-" "ow..." You said as you roll off on the floor of your bed. "Hey, do you know what ti-" your brother stare at you "are you okay?" You didn't say a single words but nodded "I'm alright...I guess". "Well come out and eat lunch, it's 2pm and you're still in bed." Your brother added and walk out of the room. 
 

You groaned and trying your best to get off the floor and straight to the bathroom.While you were brushing your teeths, you look at your phone and got one missed call by a random number. You didn't question anything and just put down your phone."Are you okay?" your brother asked as you sat down on the couch."hmm? yeah, I guess I just slept late thats all." your brother stare at you and back to cooking lunch. "Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm staying late today at work, so you're going to be home by yourself. Don't forget to eat dinner okay?" you look at him and nodded. "That's strange, you would normally talk back. Is everything okay?" your brother asked as he bring the food to the table.You walked over and sat down "Yeah, just school have been ups and downs lately." He look at you "Hmm, sure.. oh ! how was the study group ?" "it's was alright, they were nice and cool. I guess." your brother look at you and trying to figure out what's up with you. But all of the sudden you stood up "I'm not really hungry, I'm just going to take a walk for a bit." you walk out the door without saying goodbye to your brother. "Is she okay?" 
... 
"Get yourself together Jaein, stop thinking about what happened yesterday. It's none of your business to even began with.Stop worrying about it." you said to yourself as you were walking around your neighborhood. *Ring ring ring* You snap back into reality and pull out your phone. "huh?...is this number again..""Hello?"You answered and the person on the other line answer back "Hello? is this Lee Jaein's phone number." "Yes, this is she". "Jaein ah!" the voice sound so familar and then you realize it was someone you knew from a long time ago." It's me, Ryeoun oppa." your mind literally just stop when you heard that name and you just froze "Hello? hello? Jaein ah." you snap back "oh, oppa...how did you get this nummber?" you asked "Oh, your brother gave it to me, I didn't know you were in korea. let's meet up.. If you're not busy." "Oh, umm sure, you can meet me a coffeeshop near by my house. I will send you the address." you hesitate."Hmm that would be great, i'll see you there then." "hmm" you ended the call "Ryeoun oppa..."
>> BACKSTORY <<
*Facetime called* "Hmm? what time it is ?" *Facetime call again* *Someone pick up* "Ryeoun oppa." you answered "oh Jaein ah..." he answered "it's everything alright ?" "Jaein...I'm going off to military training soon..." You look at him in shocked "What...When..why didn't you tell me about this?" He looked at you throught the cam "I was going to, but it was happening so soon..I'm sorry." You added while in tears "Then what about us?" He sighed "Sorry, Jaein ah..." 
This is your first ever relationship, but is not just any relationship. It's a long distance one, you both started dating for 1 years and 2 months. It's was a hard 1 years, due to the fact that he was in korea and you were in the state. But due to his military training and work, you barely get to call him like you use to, let's just say you guys just got drifted apart from each other, little by little. 
>> REALITY << 
"I have to go home and change, I can't look like this in front of him." You say running back to your house and freshen up.

[Jinyoung POV]
"You do know that when I invite you out, doesn't mean I will pay for everything.Right?" You added as you and Jaechan walk around for somewhere to sit."of course!" He said putting his arm over shoulders "Here is the coffeshop, I was talking about. Let's go." You both walk in and order some iced americano and sat down. "So the new girl." "Lee Jaein? what about her." You asked. "Do you think I would have a chance with her even if I try?" He ask. You didn't answer and just keep quiet. "Yo! Bae Jinyoung ! Earth to Jinyoung! Are you okay ?" "Huh? yeah I am" He look at you and shake his head. "If you like her, just say so.I'll back off." he added "No, it's not that. I just don't think a relationship for you it's a good idea." He started thinking to himself. "Yeah you're right. Beside there's plenty fishes in the sea. Speaking of fishes. How are you and Kyulkyung ?" You lift up your head "I don't know, I feel like I should just give in."
He chuckled "Wows, Bae Jinyoung finally moving on after a year of liking someone?" You look at him "Don't push it, beside it's time anyways." You said as you were drinking your drink. 
*DING* 
Someone walk in the coffeeshop where you were at "Wait isn't that Jaein ?" Jaechan point out and you turn right behind you. "Hmm, it is"  "What is she doing here? Should we just sit here and wait?" *Cough cough* "Stalker much" 

[Back to You]
"Okay let's do this! You're gonna be fine, It's nothing big. Just a meet up...Ughhh why the heck ! Out of all the days...Okay I got this let's go.Phew" you said to yourself as you enter the coffeshop and sat down. You started feeling uneasy, so you decided to go on your phone to kill the nervousness.
"Is this seat taken?" "Yes it is." You answered and look up "Ryeoun oppa" you said standing up and greet him. "You don't have to be so polite." He added while patting you on the head. "Sit" you nodded and sat down in your seat. "Wow..nothing about him change...Jaein, don't you dare." *thinking to yourself* 

He look at you and smile "How is thing here for you?" You look at him "Oh, umm it's alright. Everything been going well." The server came over to your table "Hi, welcome what would you guys like to drink today." Ryeoun look at the menu and order for you both. "One ice americano and one passion fruit tea with less iced. Thank you" He said giving the server the menu. "You remember..." he smile "Of course, you would order that or a iced white mocha. But that's depends on your mood."You didn't say a single word, but just staring at him "Wow... he remember..Not even my brother remember what drink I order." *thinking to yourself* 

The server came by with your drink "Here you go, enjoy !" You both nodded and start drinking your drink. "Oppa.. Why did you want to meet up for." *thinking to yourself* "great! what a way to start a conversation, way to go! you idiot." Ryeoun put down his drink and look at you. "I wanted apologize for whatever that happened in the past, I didn't mean to hurt you like I did. I thought breaking up would be the best for both of us. But I guess it wasn't" You didn't say anything, because all you felt was the feeling that you felt a long time ago start coming back slowly little by little. "Oppa.." He interuppted "I know, you don't have feeling for me anymore, but I just hope we can try again..." *Thinking to yourself* "you're wrong, my feeling for you is still there..I'm just too afraid of opening up again." 

[Jinyoung POV]
"yah! a guy is walking up to her! turn around! hurry!" Jaechan said tapping you "Aish, you are so annoying. What guy?" You turn around and saw a guy with her. "Who is he?" *thinking to yourself* "hey, do you think that's her boyfriend or something." you turn back around at Jaechan "I don't know, why don't you go over there and ask." you added as you both trying to listen to the conversation. "Bae jinyoung, what are you doing" *thinking to yourself*

"Hey, we should stop. It's none of our business to get into." You turn around at Jaechan "yah ! Don't you want to know what their relationship is." You turn around and back at your friend "Not really, come on!" "Just for a bit, oh they're getting up now." Jaechan added "Should we follow ? Yah! let's follow them." He said standing up and walk out of the coffee. " This dude can't be serious, aish ." You said following him from behind. 

[Back to you]
After the conversation at the coffeeshop he decided to walk you home. 'Oppa, you don't have to walk me home." he chuckled "It's fine, I want to. Beside my neighborhood is on the same direction anyways." *Thinking to yourself* "Trying not to catch feeling, trying not to catch feeling." "Jaein ah, wait here." Ryeoun said walking into a  Seven Eleven "Here" he said handing you something. "What's this?" "Stress medicine, you look like you barely get any sleep. That medicine would help." *Thinking to yourself* "WHAT...HOW...UGHHH" you nodded "thank you!"

"Here is my stop." "I see you still living with your brother, as usual." He added "Hmm, he's the only family I have left here." You nodded. You both look at each other in silent. "Oh there's something in your hair." Ryeoun added as he take out a leaf out of your hair. *Thinking to yourself* "Oh come on!". He smiled "Well, I should get going. I still have to pick up coco from the vet." "Coco..you still have her?" you asked "Hmm, of course. why would I?" "I just assume, every since-" he interrupted "Every since we broke up, you assume I gave her away. Because she was our dog together?" He question and chuckled. You nodded and trying to break the silent "Um.. I should get going. I have homework to finish. Bye oppa-" You added trying to leave but he held your hand and hug you from behind. "Oppa..." you said as tears running down your face. 

He let go of the hug and walk away. You couldn't say anything but stand still in one spot, you can feel the uneasy feeling that you did before and didn't know what to do. You let out a deep sigh and wipe your tears and walk into your house. "Why am I like this" you said as you can hear your voice breaking. 

[Jinyoung POV]
"You know, following someone is like stalking them in so many levels" "hush, they just stop." Jaechan added "What are they saying.."You shake your head at your best friend.You saw him hug her and you froze "Did I just witness that ?" Jaechan added .You both keep looking and you start realizing she had tears running down her face "Wait, is she crying?" you added and Jaechan just look at you "Wait, what ? how the heck did you notice that?" 

The guy left and you both got out of your hiding spot. "She was crying?" Jaechan added. You nodded "Yes, I know what I saw okay!" You said. *Thinking to yourself* "is she even okay ?" You both look at each other and the time "oh crap !" and ran straight home.

[Back to You]
You got out of the shower and went through your phone. In your gallery there was one folder that you haven't open in months, it was a folder just for Ryeoun . You open it up and you felt so uneasy just looking at it "Why does thing have to be this way...." you sigh and close your eyes. 

'Lee Jaein! Dinner" you heard your brother voice coming from the kitchen "oppa?" You said walking out of the room. "I thought you were working late today..." You added. "I was going to, but my partner, Ryeoun came by after getting Coco from the vet and help finishing up." "Ryeoun..." you added. Your brother look at you and realize what he just said "Oh..I didn't tell you, Ryeoun is the new recruit at my job place..." you didn't said anything and sat down on the chair. "I heard he came by...Are you okay ?" you didn't say anything but nodded your head . "He's been working alot late, he work at a pizza place near by and now he's working at my work place. I swear that kid is something else" 

'Oppa.." you interrupted. He look at you. "Do you think I should give Ryeoun oppa another chance?". He look at you in surprised "Jaein ah, why all of the sudden..." "He came by and apologize for what happened... and he asked for another chance..." Your brother put down whatever he was doing "My question is are you willing to open up to him again...?" you look down at your hands "I don't know.." your brother pat your head "Well, text him and find out" *MESSAGE* you pull out your phone to check who it was "Ryeoun oppa..."

-- MESSAGE -- 
Ryeoun oppa: Sorry for meeting you out of no where, I just have to see you that's all. If you're not busy later on this week, would you like to hang out with Coco and I ?

 

x A/N: How do you guys feel about Ryeoun showing up out of no where? What do you guys think Jaein would do ? Should she go for it or no? Comment down below and also don't forget to upvote and subcribe! I would appreciated it so much <3 x 

Related image