Broken Hand

The Missing Piece of The Puzzle

XXVII

[Weekend]
"Yah, what should we eat?I'm hungry." Jaechan added. "Hm.." Kuanlin added looking at his phone for places to go "If only Daehwi was here, he would know places to eat." Jaechan whine. You saw the guys sitting at the playground, before you cause say anything you walk over to them.Chani look at you as you walking towards them and yell "Oh! Jaein ah, I thought you say you were coming later?" You sat down next to Chani and put your bag on your laps "I was about to, but I decided to take an earlier bus here." Jaechan whisper to Chani ears "Yah! I thought it was suppose to be a guys day today, why is Jaein here?" 

You look at him and added "I can hear you.." Jaechan nervously chuckled and Kuanlin wave at you "Hi noona!" You chuckled "Hi Kuanlin ah." Kuanlin look at you and added "Noona, What happened to Jinyoung hyung hand?" You suprised by what Kuanlin say and went silent mode. Jaechan got up and began teasing you "What did you do this time?"He added sitting next to you instead. You let out a sigh "On the day he came by there was a little accident.." Jaechan added "What accident?" You put your head down and added "There was a flying cockroach in the house and we were trying to catch it...But I end up hurting Jinyoung's hand instead.But he did kill it afterward." You sigh "I didn't know his hand would get hurt by that..." 

"Bravo! Lee Jaein! Everyone!" Jaechan added standing up and clapping his hands together. Kuanlin shake his hand at him and back to hiding foods to eat. "Yah, I didn't know he would get hurt by that." You pout. Jaechan move close to you "Maybe, because he cares that why he got hurt for you.". Chani look at him "Out of nowhere?" He nodded. Chani sighed "Hmm, that's weird..." Kuanlin chuckled "How is that weird? He always care about her, it's just he pretend not to. Because they got into a figh-" Before he could continue he realize what he said "uh oh..." he added. Everyone look at him "HUH?" we added. Kuanlin quickly change the topic and stood up "WOAH! DID YOU HEARD THE NEW, WOAH!" he added showing Jaechan his phone.

Next thing you knew you saw Daehwi running up to you guys "Oh Daehwi ah!" You added. "Sorry, Sorry. I have good news and bad news.Which one you want to hear first?" Jaechan look at him "Wait I thought you were working today, why are you here?" Daehwi started breathing heavily and added "I'll explain later, so which one?" Kuanlin yelled "The good news!"Daehwi added "Our coffeeshop is going to have our own booth for the upcoming school festival!" Jaechan yelled "wait really?"Everyone began clapping. "Then what's the bad news?" Chani question."The bad news is...I need you guys to help me putting up these poster" Daehwi added handing them out to everyone. "Oh god.."Kuanlin added.You look at his bag and added "Why so many poster?" you added. Daehwi scratch the back of his head "I accidentally print out way too many..." Kuanlin let out a sighed "Happened everytime..."

"Let's just get this over with" Jaechan added. "Let's split up into team then." Kuanlin suggested and everyone nodded.Chani added "we can split into 2 team, then.One can hand them out to people and the other can stick them on walls." Everyone agree."How are we going to split into 2 teams?" Daehwi questioned "Jaein and I-" Daehwi added, but Chani interrupted him "Ayyyy, Let's do rock paper scissors."You look at them "But there's 5 people" They look at each other and Jaechan added "Kuanlin and I are one person, it's fine." Chani chuckled "Whoever wins takes from the park to the bus stop and whoever loses takes from the park to the coffeeshop.Call?" Everyone agree "Call"

"2 scissors and 2 papers" Kuanlin added. You jumped "Yes, the park to the bus stop!" Daehwi and Jaechan groaned "Dang it, I should have done rock." Jaechan added.Daehwi whined "The coffeeshop from here take about an 1 hours though..."Chani chuckled "Good luck guys." You look at them and wave "See you later" Daehwi yelled "AISHH JINJJA !" 

- 3 posters later - 

You holding on to the posters while trying to catch up with Chani "Yah, why are you working so hard?Quite strange."Chani added "After you got into a fight with Soojin, you look pretty depressed.So, I was gonna go on a date with you if we finish early."You stop "I didn't say I would go on a date with you? Let me guess, you couldn't find a girl to meet up today right?" You added. "What are you talking about?" He sighed and began walking "I was gonna buy you some meat." He mumbled."MEAT!" you added. He began teasing you "Oh well...You rejected my offer.I will think about it again." He added looking at the posters "We are almost done..I guess we are not having meat." He pout.

"Yah! Keep your words." You yelled. He snap back "I mean, you said you don't wanna go.I should find someone else-"*Thinking to yourself* "Aish, Im going to beat him up..."You interrupted him "No...I didn't say no" you mumbled and put your head down.He smirk "Yah, let's be clear.Is it the meat that you want?Or is it the date you want?"*Thinking to yourself* "...IVHUDFVNDHIUVDFU" You let out a sighed and put up two fingers.He look at you "Huh?I can't hear you?" he started acting clueless. "Date..."you mumbled.He start smiling at you and put his hand on your head. 

- Last poster -

Chani put up the last poster "Here!Finally done with our last one" he added and you began clapping your hands together."Yay, okay let's go" you added grabbing on to his arms.

[At the restaurant] 
"Yah...I thought it would be something like pork belly..." you added feeling weird, Chani lean towards you "I just liked the vibes here.You don't like it?"he added. You began shaking your head "No...I like it.." He smiles "But how did you even find this place though?" Chani look at you "I found this place just for you." You look at him "Yah, don't be cheesy. You probably came here with another girl from your old school, didn't you?"Chani put on a straight face and added "No, it's my first time coming here with you.*Thump thump* "Oh god..." *thinking to yourself* 

The restaurant owner came out and added "would you like to order?" Chani look at the menu and added "I heard this place has really good tenderloin steak." He nodded "yes , it's our most popular dish on the menu." you look at Chani and nodded "I would like one please.." Chani added "So..two order of the steak please."The owner added "How would you likes your steaks to be done?"Chani added "Both medium rare please." Then look at you "that's fine?" You nodded.The owner nodded and take the menu away from you guys "Your order will be out shortly."

[Jinyoung's POV]
"Order up" You added as you started calling out the coffee orders. Since your hand in pain, instead of taking out the orders. You were making it instead, it was difficult holding stuff. But you slowly got it, even though there were a few broken coffee cups. "ughh" you groaned as you were having a  difficult time holding a cups while mixing the milk with it. Minhyun walk over and take over "Yah, just go clean some table, don't overwork yourself."

You nodded and began cleaning table like you were ask."Welcome" everyone yelled as they heard the customers walking in then you notice who it was. "Yah, what take you so long Daehwi?" You added. He started walking behind the counter top and drink some waters instead. Jaechan walk over to you and saw your hand "You idiot! Was it worth it?" You look at him confused "Jaein told us what happened." You look at your hand and let out a sighed "I'm fine" Jaechan nodded and sat down.Kuanlin walks behind the counter top and grab some drink for himself and Jaechan. You sat down, since there weren't many customers and question "I thought you guys were hanging out with Jaein today.." Jaechan took a sip of his drink and added "We did, but Daehwi came and we basically have to spilt up into team to help him out."

"Then who is Jaein with?" You asked. Jaechan look at you and added "Chani." You went completely silent when you heard his name being mention, maybe is jealously but you decided not to accept it as it is. "I should get back to work, I'll talk to you guys after." You added going back to cleaning table with one hand. 

[Your's POV]
"Kang Chani!You came here as well?" Someone yelled as you and Chani were talking.A girl came over to you guys "Oh?" Chani added "Long time no see.Did you came here with your boyfriend?"She smirk "What boyfriend..I came with my friend" another girl came over and bow to him "annyeonghaseyo" he bow back to her "annyeonghaseyo, I guess you guys in the same homeroom?" the first girl snap "Yah, what are you talking about,she's from my club." As they continue talking, you felt really uncomfortable *Thinking to yourself* "...Woah...They're so pretty...Wait..HUH?"

The first girl look over at you "Who is.."Chani look at you and start introducing you "Oh, this is Jaein. Lee Jaein,I told you about her." She smiled "I heard a lot about you from him" You look at Chani and awkwardly bow to her "Oh..annyeonghaseyo" you felt really uncomfortable and got up "Sorry..Chani ah..I'm just gonna go. Sorry" you bow to her "it's nice meeting you though.." You added walking away. 

"Why did you leave...It should be her..Not you." you added talking to yourself "Wait, why are you upset..Did you actually want it to be a date. YAH! get a hold of yourself Lee Jaein, you guys are just friend. Even if you like him, what good are there when you like two person..." You added as you walk to the bus stop and sat there by yourself. You let out a sighed "Do I really play with people hearts?"

As you were sitting at the bus stop you heard someone yelling your name "YAH! LEE JAEIN!" you turn to the person and notice who it was "Oh, Kang Chani..." You added standing up as you saw him running towards you "Yah, why didn't you pick up your call ." You sat back down and pout "It seem like you were busy." He sat down 5 feet away from you and chuckled "were you jealous?" You yelled "Yah, no..." He chuckled and move towards you more and more. "Seem like you have fun talking to those girls." You added looking at him. "Why?are you upset that you were left out of the conversation?" you didn't answer him, but instead you were playing with your hands. Suddenly he start playing with your hair and messing it up "Woah ! You have so much hairs, must be difficult for the hairstylist to cut it everytime" he added jokily.

"Yah, Don't mess around." You added trying to fix your hair and moving it away from your face."You do know that, I rather talk to you instead of those girls." He added. You smirk and roll your eyes "Oh, see you're smiling.See I'm the only one who can make you feel better." You got annoyed and hit him. He started groaned "Ouch, for a small person. Your slap hurt..." You yelled "Yah! Kang Chani" He smirk "Oh yeah, we didn't eat anything yet...Do you wanna grab something at my place then?" You look at him by suprised "Huh?" He look at you and nod "Come on let's go" 

[Chani's place] 
You stop at his house and you pull him back before he open the door "Yah,I don't want to interrupt your family..." He chuckled as he saw you holding on to his arm. You saw him and let go "It's fine, my mom been asking for you to come over." he added open up his door. "Umma, I'm home. Also Jaein is here" He yelled as you enter the house "Woah.." As you took off your shoes and someone ran up to you "Jaein noona" someone yelled you look at him and smile "Oh Seokhee ah."You added as he came towards you and holding your hand. Chani yelled "Yah Kang Seokhee !" 

"Annyeonghaseyo" you added as you bow down to Chani's grandmother and parents. "Oh Jaein ah, you're here" Chani's mom added as she was putting the food out on the table. You saw what she was doing and quickly go and help her. "Oh thank you, Jaein ah. It's nice to have someone help me out for change." She added as she was staring at Chani. "It's not my fault", he added "Yah! Hurry go wash up for dinner." His dad yelled. 

- 5 minutes later -

Everything was set on the table including chopstick,spoons and rices. "KANG CHANHEE!DINNER TIME" his mom yelled as she start putting rices in each bowl. "Okay, I heard you." He added walking out the bathroom and sat down on the table. "I want to sit with Jaein noona" Seokhee added claiming his seat next to you. "Yah, Kang Seokhee!" Chani added glaring at him. "Yah you two stop it, just because a pretty girl is here. Don't you dare act up." Chani's mom added and you chuckled. "Jaein ah, eat up. There's plenty of foods." You nodded "Yeah, thank you..." you added as you sat down next to Chani's grandmother. 

"Wow she's so pretty, are you Chani's girlfriend?" His grandmother ask. You got chocked and grab your water "Umma, she's just his friend . That's all, but then again it would be nice for him to bring a girl home for a change." his mom added. Chani yelled "Umma!" You chuckled "I'm not wrong." 

- After Dinner - 
You bow down to them as you were about to leave "thank you for having me.." you added. Chani's mom gave you a bag to take home "Take this home for your brother." You take it and bow "Oh..thank you." She smile at you and look at Chani "You better take her home safe." she added. Chani nodded "I know I know." You bow "Come again!" She yelled as you left his house. He began walking you to the bus stop "Thanks for having me over." You added as you trying to make things less awkward. "Grandmother love you already, Im glad I brought you over." He smile. 

"We're here" you added "You can go home, I can take the bus home by myself." He look at you unsure "Yah! Go, I'll be fine. Beside the bus is here already." You added pointing to the bus. He look at you "Fine , but call me when you get home." You nodded as the bus approach to you and you got on. 

[Home]
"Im home" you added as you put your shoes out and walk towards the kitchen "Yikes..." you added as you put the bag on food on the table. "Sorry, I was working all day. Didn't have time to make dinner." Your brother added , you smile and point to the bag "I already ate, your food is on the table. Just heat it up and eat it" He nodded "Okay" then when back to doing his works. You shake your head and went straight to shower. *DING DING* 

You grab your phone and notice the caller ID "I'm home and alive." you added. Chani sigh in relief "That's good then." You chuckled "Good night! Chani ah!" You added ending the call on him. You turn on your laptop and began working on your homework, as you were going through all the screenshot on your phone. You saw a picture of Soojin and sighed, you turn off your phone and went back to doing homework. "Focus..Focus.." 

[Jinyoung's POV] 
"Closing up" Minhyun yelled as he turn the opening sign off. "YES!" Daehwi added as he yelled across the room and everyone chuckled. You look at your hand and sighed. Minhyun saw you and came over to comfort you "Are you okay?" He added, you look at him and nodded "Yeah" putting up your hand. "Does Jaein know?" He question. You look at your hand and shake your head "No, I rather she doesn't...." 

A/N:Im getting much better at this !! :)))