Loving him

Tenant


It was a hectic night at Woori Bank call centre. Apparently, there was a system glitch and impacting their auto-banking services, such as ATM and their online banking services. Calls started queuing non-stop and the banking call agents, as well as Sungmin and his colleagues, have not had any break, not even toilet break.

It started with Kyuhyun actually. He texted Sungmin to say that he couldn't withdraw cash at ATM, as the machine kept promptly 'service not available'. When Sungmin checked, it seemed that he himself couldn't access their banking system. He reported the issue to the Banking team which in turn reported the issue to their technical team, and that was when they discovered the glitch. Woori Bank's banking system server hit with internal error and causing abend. They had restarted their server, but it took very long to be fully up, so calls started building up. 

Though Sungmin's team was handling credit cards which were not affected, his team has to help the Banking call-agents team, as they couldn't cope with the surge in calls. 

Sungmin sighed and an hour before midnight when finally the number of calls subsided, he took out his phone and texted Kyuhyun. He updated him and informed him that their banking system would be up soon. 

Sungmin then leaned back on his chair. Their relationship is improving and he loves every minute of it. He had moved into Kyuhyun's room, but nevertheless they only managed to sleep together briefly, 2 days ago, which was a day after they came home from Sungmin's hometown, and
Sungmin came home early from work. But, he was contented. Being in Kyuhyun's arms for 3 hours was a bliss! He was looking forward to his off day, so that he could be in Kyuhyun's arms the whole night!

When their banking system was fully up, finally before midnight, everybody clapped their hands. When the number of calls finally died down, most of them started getting up, stretched and took a break. The banking team thanked the Cards team for helping, and Sungmin finally could have his dinner. 

It was past midnight, and he was contemplating to call Kyuhyun or not, in case he would disturb his sleep. Before he even decided to dial Kyuhyun's number, the man himself called him! 

"Kyu, you haven't sleep yet? I thought of calling but I was scared you might already sleep". 

"How's things? I was worried that you haven't had a break and have your dinner" 

"I'm having my dinner now. You had yours?" 

"Yup, it was delicious, making me keep thinking about you" 

"If my cooking is not nice, you won't think about me??" Sungmin . 

Kyuhyun laughed, and said "I miss you. When is your off day?" 

"Friday and Saturday"

"Great, that means Friday night and Saturday night, right? I want to hold you the whole night"

"Your arms will be numb..." 

"I don't care. I just want to hold you. I wait for you later in the morning?..." 

"Kyu, I might be late in the morning because I need to do this week's report. It's a short week because of Chuseok and worst, I couldn't do it just now because we have to help the banking team. If I'm not home yet, you should just go to work ok" 

"Aishhhh, then I can't even hug you" 

"Sorry, I can't help it..." Sungmin said sadly. Work is work, and he really couldn't help it. 

"I drop by your bank, so that we can have breakfast together? Any cafe nearby?" 

"Hmmm, yeah, across the road. You can park outside the cafe itself. I should finish by 8am" 

"Ok, then, 8.15am? I get a table first". 

"Sounds good. You text me once you are there?" Sungmin looked at his watch "Go to sleep, Kyu, I see you tomorrow, ok" 

"I love you. See you, my boyfriend" 

Sungmin chuckled "Love you too" 

Somehow, Sungmin couldn't stop smiling thoughout his meal. He finished up and washed his container, whistle-ling happily. Eventhough they had declared their feelings, they need to take one step at a time. And Sungmin is enjoying this feeling of early stage of their relationship. The wanting to see each other, the longing for the companionship, missing each other and exchange of loving words. 

It was around 7.45am when he finally finished his report, as well as finished his team's shift duty roster. Suddenly, a head appeared  at the side of his desk. Sunny Lee, the next shift Team Manager, asked with a surprised voice "Sungmin-oppa! You are still here!"

"Oh hi, Sunny. Yeah, going off soon" 

"Why so late? Want to go for breakfast?" 

"Ohh, sorry Sunny, I already have a breakfast appointment" Sungmin looked at his watch. He clicked 'send' to send his report to his Manager and shut down his laptop. He looked up at Sunny and explained "There was a system glitch last night at our banking server, so we were mobilised to help the banking call agent team. I didn't have time to do the report until just now" 

"Ohh I see. It must be hectic last night!" Sunny nodded with understanding, and then added "Ok then oppa, you better go for your breakfast appointment. Who are you having appointment with?" 

Sungmin just smile and said "my housemate" and packed up his bag. He got a text from Kyuhyun to inform him that he had found a table which is at the far end window. Sungmin replied back "Ok, I'll be there soon!"

Sunny was disappointed that Sungmin always gave her the cold shoulder. She likes Sungmin and was hoping that she has a chance to date him. "Oppa, can we arrange for same off-day, so that we can go to watch a movie together?" she tried her luck. 

Sungmin stood up to sling his bag over his shoulder and looked at Sunny. "Ahhh, sorry Sunny, it's difficult to arrange for same time-off since both of us are team leader. Anyway, I don't like to watch movies" he said smiling and gave a slight bow "I go off first. See you" he waved and dashed off. Sunny has been persistent to ask him out but honestly, Sungmin was not interested. More so now, coz he has Kyuhyun. 

He tapped out his staff pass at the gantry and waved at their security guard. He practically running to catch the traffic light to cross the road. He couldn't wait to see Kyuhyun!

Kyuhyun ordered their drinks, soup and sandwiches, plus two peach tarts. He knew what Sungmin likes and so he hope that he got them right! He couldn't wait to see Sungmin. Now that both of them knew each other's hearts, he just couldn't go to work without seeing Sungmin. 

"Kyu!!" 

Kyuhyun looked and waved "Heyyy" he smile at Sungmin. How he missed this man!! 

"You look good in suit! So handsome!!" 

"You never see me in suit? Last time you came to my office to give me the basket..." Kyuhyun was trying to recall whether he was wearing his suit or not. 

"Ermmm, you came out without your top suit. Anyway, yup you sure are gorgeous. No wonder that two girls there kept glancing at you!" 

"I only have eyes for my boyfriend!" Kyuhyun chuckled. It was the truth, anyway. Like what he told Ryeowook before, he is not interested in girls. "I've ordered already, by the way" 

"Ohh, did you order their peach tart? It's one of the best I've ever tasted!" 

"I did! I knew you would like that!!" 

"You are amazing, we've only been together recently but you already observing what I like!" Sungmin smile sweetly at his handsome boyfriend. 

"Hmmm, thanks for the compliment haha! I know you like dessert and tarts. Well, it's a continuous learning process for us to know each other and you will also get to know what I like and dislike" he reached for Sungmin's hand and squeezed it. 

If the waiter saw that brief hand holding, he must have ignored it, because at that moment, he came with their orders. Sungmin looked down smiling, albeit uncomfortably. He was not used to Kyuhyun's public show of affection but at the same time he didn't want people to misjudge them. It was for Kyuhyun's sake. He held a good job and he didn't want to destroy Kyuhyun's image. 

"Sorry, I held your hand at a wrong timing. I should have seen that waiter coming..." Kyuhyun apologised, seeing Sungmin became uncomfortable.

"No, no, Kyu, it's okay, I just didn't want people to label you with something inappropriate" Sungmin assured Kyuhyun. "Anyway, let's forget about it. Let's eat!!" Sungmin smile honestly. He reached out to Kyuhyun's hand under the table and squeezed it to assure him that he is okay. Kyuhyun held on to Sungmin's hand and didn't want to let go. 

"Eat with your other hand" Kyuhyun said, chuckling, when Sungmin tried to pull his hand and gestured that he wanted to start eating.

And they remained like that, ate with one hand while under the table, their other hands were intertwined.

"Kyu, we better hurry, else you will be late for your work" Sungmin said when they were sipping their hot drinks.

"Still in time, we start work at 9am. It's just that I always come early"

"Do you need to get breakfast for your colleagues?"

"Hmmm, good idea, maybe I pack that yummy peach tart for the two idiots!" Kyuhyun said, thinking about Ryeowook and Hyukjae. They would surely gobbled the peach tart in one go!

Sungmin laughed. He knew who Kyuhyun was referring to after hearing that his two closest colleagues finished up almost everything in that gift basket.

"Kyu, just drop me at the next train entrance. You can then go ahead to your office" Sungmin said after they settled in Kyuhyun's car.

"Ok. Once you reach home, just sleep. No need to clean our house"

Sungmin smile hearing "our house". How nice! He said "ok, boyfriend" and smile at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smile and held Sungmin's hand. How he wished that he could just reached over and kiss him.

Sungmin waved goodbye when Kyuhyun dropped him at the train station entrance. He waved back and drive to his office.

"Wow, peach tart!!" Ryeowook looked at it with big hungry eyes when Kyuhyun gave each of them two pieces each. Hyukjae immediate openned his box too after saying his thanks. 

"Try it. It's very yummy!!" Kyuhyun told them.

"Wow, your are right, man! This is good!! Where did you buy this?" Hyukjae was standing and eating at Kyuhyun's desk. Ryeowook came over too. 

"I was having breakfast with Sungmin and thought of buying those tarts for you two since it was yummy!" Kyuhyun said. He had told them about Sungmin during their earlier lunch, that he finally knew who his housemate was, which was that cute guy from the call centre. And he had told them that both of them had discovered that they actually like each other! 

"So, you are serious about him, huhh?" Ryeowook asked, with his mouth full. 

"Can you swallow that first before you talk??!!" Kyuhyun gestured at Ryeowook's full mouth. 

Hyukjae laughed. "I guess you are, right? Else you wouldn't make some time to have breakfast with him. Ehhhh, but you guys can see each other at home, what??" 

"He has to work late this morning, so by the time he gets home, I would have already left for work. So I decided to have breakfast with him. At least I get to see him..." 

"Wahhh, our Kyu is finally smitten with love!!!! Hmmm, so now I have no chance whatsoever..." Ryeowook feigned a sad face. 

"Smack you!" Kyuhyun playfully punched Ryeowook's stomach. 

"Heyyyy, I'm still eating" Ryeowook held his stomach and munch his second tart. He sat at Kyuhyun's chair's arm and finished up the tart. He took Kyuhyun's tissue from his tissue box at the corner of his desk. 

"Weiiii, am I your supplier for everything??" Kyuhyun playfully gave an annoyed face, seeing that Ryeowook casually took a tissue. 

"Yes, you are" Ryeowook laughed. 

Hyukjae laughed too. "Where is this cafe? Want to have lunch there later?" 

"I don't mind going there again. It's opposite Sungmin's Woori bank. Maybe I get some cakes for him too. The chocolate mousse looks interesting" Kyuhyun smile, recalling the cakes display that he saw when he was paying. 

Hyukjae raised his eyesbrows and turned to Ryeowook "Our friend here is 100% in love... tsk tsk..." and he shook his head and walked back to his desk. 

Ryeowook playfully shook his head too and walked back to his desk as well. He was actually happy for his best friend for finally found somebody that he likes. He said privately to himself  "Woww that Sungmin is sure a lucky man for managing to capture Kyuhyun's stone heart" he smile and continued with his work. 

Kyuhyun smile and while starting up his laptop, he texted Sungmin "Have you reached home safely?"
While logging in to his office network, he got a reply from his boyfriend.

"Yes my dear boyfriend. Going to shower and hitting the bed" and Sungmin added sleepy emoticons.

"Ok boyfriend, have a good rest and dream of me" and Kyuhyun added some hearts emoticons.

He smile to himself. He felt good, and he felt so in love. He was happy that Sungmin's family accepted them. Now his next problem is his own family. How will they react if he told them that he likes a guy?