The boyfriend

Tenant


"Errr, I mean, just to pretend only, because I told my father that I have a boyfriend already in this town and I will not go back working in our small town. Furthermore he is forcing me to marry a girl" Sungmin said, feeling scared that his landlord might misunderstood his request. 

"Sungmin, you caught me by surprise, that's all, but yes I understand where you are coming from. I'm ok with that, I will go back with you to your hometown this Chuseok holidays" Kyuhyun smile at him. 

"Ohmygod, seriously? You are ok with it?" and when Kyu nodded with smiles on his face, Sungmin clapped happily and uttered his thanks repeatedly. He actually felt like hugging his landlord, but managed to stop himself!

"So, should we start?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Huhhh.....?" Sungmin looked lost, not too sure what his landlord meant. 

"To be boyfriends...!" 

"Errr, I..." and suddenly he was pulled into a hug by his landlord, with his arms around his back. It was kinda shocking, yet after a while, it felt nice and Sungmin felt that he could do this forever. 

Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin but still holding his shoulders, he said "We need to break the ice and get used to each other, shouldn't we? We are living together, share everything together and you cook for me almost everyday. I think it's perfect for your family to believe that we are indeed boyfriends" 

"Yeah, well...." Sungmin smile, suddenly feeling a bit shy. 

"And when we look at each other, we need to have that loving and longing look. That part we will need to practice more" Kyuhyun said, winking his eyes. He was actually teasing Sungmin, as he wanted to know Sungmin's actual feelings towards him. 

He has actually beginning to like his tenant but was previously feeling apprehensive that his tenant might be a girl. He was glad that it turned out to be Lee Sungmin, the guy that has sent him the food hamper. And now Sungmin's asking him to pretend to be his boyfriend, it was just like what he was expecting in real life, for him to get to know Sungmin better and yes, maybe to be boyfriends for real.

So, his plan was to show Sungmin that he really like him for real, but for now, he would let Sungmin think that it was just acting. Aren't he smart?? Kyuhyun was smiling to himself.

For the next few days, he made sure he waited for Sungmin to reach home from work, and had breakfast together with Sungmin before he got ready for work. And he would kiss Sungmin's forehead to bid him goodbye before leaving the house. These showing of affections left Sungmin with many wonderful feelings and really wished that they were boyfriends for real.

On his bed trying to sleep, Sungmin  couldn't help smiling to himself that being in love with Kyuhyun was so wonderful. He wished it was for real as he himself has grown to like his landlord a lot.

"Sungmin, what does your father likes to do? I mean like hobby?" Kyuhyun called Sungmin a few days before the Chuseok holidays.

"Hmmm, he likes to read books and he collects car miniature models. Why?"

"I want to buy something for him"

"You don't have to...."

"But I want to. I've already got something for your mum and brother. Only left your father"

"Kyuhyun, why did you buy? You shouldn't..."

"First impression last, you know. I must make a good impression, especially to your father"

"Having you there with me is enough. I don't expect you to get anything"

"It's a plus point if I give something that he likes. Don't worry too much ok"

"Alright, ok, thank you, Kyuhyun"

"Kyu" 

"Huhh...?" 

"Call me Kyu" 

"Ohhhh...errr.... Kyu." 

"That sounds nice" Kyuhyun . "Ok I'll show you tomorrow morning what I buy, alright? I gotta go. Bye Min" 

"Bye..." Sungmin said with a smile. He smile because Kyuhyun called him "Min". That sounds nice!!! 

They were on the way to Ilsan, the morning on the eve of Chuseok. Kyuhyun had applied for leave and while driving, he had asked Sungmin to catch some sleep as he had just return from his night shift.  "He looked so peaceful when sleeping and so cute!" Kyuhyun was admiring Sungmin when he stopped to fill up the petrol. 

As usual, Sungmin wore pink, this round it was pink pullover with black jeans. And Kyuhyun couldn't stop admiring him. He felt like kissing him "Aisshhhh, what am I thinking!!" he scolded himself, and started driving again after completing his payment. 

Sungmin had keyed in his home address in the GPS, and now Kyuhyun was looking around for the house. Before he woke Sungmin up, the man himself had woken up. 

"Ohh sorry Kyu, I doze off the whole journey!!" Sungmin sat up and yawned.

"It's ok, don't worry about it. Is that your house, Min?" Kyuhyun said, pointing to a nice off-white 2 storey house on their left. 

"Yes yes, and you can park inside. Our porch is enough for 2 cars. Let me open the gate" Sungmin got out and opened his gate. 

While Kyuhyun manouver his car to go through the front gate and to park behind Sungmin's family car, the door of Sungmin's house opened and a young man popped out his head. 

"Hyung!!" he called out to Sungmin. "Ohh this must be Sungjin" Kyuhyun said to himself. He has a crash course on getting to know who is who in Sungmin's family. 

"Heyy Jin!" Sungmin closed back his gate and waved at his brother, who had came out to help with their bags. He was looking questioningly at Sungmin when Kyuhyun got out from his car and waved at him. 

"Hi, Sungjin, right? I'm Kyuhyun" 

"Ohh hi, you must be hyung's boyfriend?" 

"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you" 

"Welcome to our home! Come in, please" Sungjin smile and gestured  Kyuhyun towards the front door. 

Smiling and raising his eyebrows at Sungmin, Kyuhyun gave him the look "Here we go!!" and took their duffel bags from Sungmin so that Sungmin only carry some hand-carry paperbags, and then Kyuhyun locked his car. 

Sungmin's home was very homely and lots of pink, "must be his mother loves pink too", Kyuhyun said to himself, smiling. 

"Welcome to my home, Kyu" Sungmin said to him, though smiling, Kyuhyun knew that he was scared that his father might not approve of Kyuhyun or their 'relationship'. 

"Sungminnie!!" a smiling woman appeared from the kitchen. 

"Omma! How are you?" Sungmin hugged his mother. Then, turning to Kyuhyun, Sungmin said shyly, "Omma, this is Kyuhyun, my boyfriend. Kyu, this is my mother". 

Kyuhyun bowed respectfully "Hi, Mrs Lee, nice to finally get to meet you. Min has always mentioned you that he has a good cooking teacher whenever I praised his cooking" Kyuhyun smile sincerely. 

"Oh did he? Nice to meet you too, Kyuhyun-ssi" Mrs Lee smile sweetly. "Please have a seat" and then turning to Sungjin, she said softly "Sungjinnie, go and call Appa". 

They were talking about the drive to Ilsan when Mr Lee appeared, apparently from his study room. He was using a walking stick and was looking at Kyuhyun when he appeared at the living room. 

Sungmin got up and said "Appa, how are you?" and turning to Kyuhyun, he said "Appa, this is Kyuhyun, my boyfriend, and Kyu, this is my father". 

Again, Kyuhyun bowed respectfully at Mr Lee. "Hi Mr Lee. I heard that you had a fall. I hope you are feeling better" and Kyuhyun grabbed a brown paperbag and passed it to him "This is something for you" he said with a smile. 

Mr Lee nodded his head and gestured Kyuhyun to sit down, and he sat down himself. He opened the paperbag and took out a very latest model of Bugatti Chiron, one of the World's most expensive car and very beautifully designed. 
The Bugatti Chiron is a mid-engined two-seater sports car developed and manufactured in Molsheim, France, by Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. Mr Lee was in awe and admiring the miniature  car, turning it around and opening and closing the doors. He smile happily and said "Thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi! How did you know I like car models?". 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin breath a sigh of relieve because they expected Mr Lee to lash out at them. "So, Kyuhyun's tactic won his father's heart, for now at least", Sungmin said to himself. 

Smiling, Kyuhyun said "Min mentioned to me once that you like miniature car models, and I happened to see this in one of a shop's showcase. I like it too and luckily I was fast enough to grab it, because the guy next to me wanted to buy it too" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"This is very nice!" Mr Lee was still admiring it. 

Kyuhyun took a pink paperbag and passed it to Mrs Lee "Mrs Lee, this is for you" and then took the last blue paperbag, and passed it to Sungjin, who took it happily. 

"Ohh Kyuhyun-ssi, I love it!! I have been wanting to buy these but hasn't had time to go shopping" Mrs Lee admired the pair of red and black oven mitts from Kyuhyun. Homwe Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt is one of the best oven mitt in the market, having an outer silicone for strong grip, waterproof and anti-skid. It has an inner cotton for comfortable wearing and breathability, and the 2 layers helps to delay time of heat transfer to hands. It has a heat protection up to 200C (392F), and has an extra long cuff render which added wrist protection. And has a cute 2cm hanging loop to easily hang the mitts anywhere after used. 

Sungmin admired Kyuhyun for insisting to buy gifts for his family. It actually proof worthwhile because like what Kyuhyun himself said "First impression last". 

"Ohmygod, Kyuhyun-hyung! Thank you!! Wow!! My very own Nintendo Switch console! Woohoo!!!" Sungjin was jumping happily and ran to his room! 

Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun, and said softly "You shouldn't buy all these expensive stuff..." 

"It's ok, don't worry about it" Kyuhyun smile while putting his hand over Sungmin's, and squeezed it. 

Mrs Lee had gone to the kitchen and now was back with mugs of coffee and a plate of apple pies. She gestured to Kyuhyun "Kyuhyun-ssi, have a drink, and try my apply pie" Mrs Lee smile happily. 

"Thank you, Mrs Lee" and then turn to both Mr and Mrs Lee "Please, just call me Kyuhyun or Kyu" Kyuhyun bowed a bit, and took his coffee. It smells nice and just what he needed to stay focus.

"Kyuhyun..." Mr Lee said his name slowly. "What do you work as?" 

"I am a Financial Analyst for a Real Estate company, and I'm a Vice President. I've been working there since my graduation, hmm, about 6 years now. I have my own apartment, which is the one Sungmin is staying too, and my family home is in Myeongdong. My father owned 2 schools, and my mother is managing a B&B Guesthouse and the cafe within the Guesthouse".

"Oh, Sungminnie is staying with you?" Mr Lee asked. 

Sungmin wanted to say, but Kyuhyun stopped him. Instead, he was the one explaining "Yes Mr Lee, Min is staying with me. I'm sorry that I didn't come with him earlier to visit you when you were hospitalised. My company has a team site in Jeju at that time" Kyuhyun said, and continued "Mr and Mrs Lee, I really love Sungmin and has asked him to be my boyfriend. I know you might be disappointed that he choose this path, but I believe that we couldn't stop our hearts from falling in love with anyone" and Kyuhyun held Sungmin's hand "We love each other and I hope you will accept our decision and not be angry with Sungmin" Kyuhyun bowed again. 

Sungmin felt like crying hearing Kyuhyun talking like that. He felt guilty to ask him to pretend to be his boyfriend, but Kyuhyun did it so well that it seemed to be so surreal. He felt his tears flow down and suddenly felt Kyuhyun's arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to him. 

"Kyuhyun, I don't really agree for this path that Sungminnie had choosen, but I don't totally disagree either" Mr Lee said. "We are living in this society where people will judge when they knew that a family's son choose another kind of relationship instead of the normal boy-girl relationship. I don't dislike you, so don't get me wrong. I just want both of you to lie low and don't marred our family name". 

"I understand Mr Lee, and trust me, I love Sungmin and I promise to be together with him as long as I live".

"And how about you, Sungmin?" Mr Lee asked his son. 

"Appa, I love Kyu with all my heart. I promise too that I will be next to him as long as I live, if he wants me too" and he looked at Kyuhyun. 

"Of course, Min. Believe me, that's what I want too. I love you" Kyuhyun smile lovingly. His eyes showed all his love and he hoped that Sungmin would believe that he wasn't pretending. What he said really came from his heart. 

Sungmin saw it. He saw love in Kyuhyun's eyes. He was hoping that it is for real. Is it really for real??