Hiking

Tenant


The view of Mount Seorak was so breathtakingly beautiful from the bungalow's window, from where Sungmin was standing. He opened up the windows and instantly he could smell the fresh air, and though it was cold, Sungmin didn't mind. He had gotten up early to bake the apple pies, but the picturesque beauty outside the winder caught his attention.

He had slept in Kyuhyun's arms the whole night, and they only did that, just sleeping. Sungmin smile thinking Kyuhyun's arms must be with pins and needles during their sleep, but if Kyuhyun didn't mind, Sungmin himself wouldn't budge coz he loved sleeping in his arms.

He quickly took a warm shower and put on a warm teeshirt, and headed to the kitchen downstairs. Seemed like nobody had gotten up yet, so he set to work. He was half way adding the apple into the pie when he felt a pair of hands hugging him from behind and kissing his neck.

"Good morning! You left me alone..." Kyuhyun's husky voice was heard and Sungmin giggled.

"Good morning! I left you to feed you with apple pies later..." Sungmin said and added "Go and have your shower..."

"What? You mean I smell??" Kyuhyun started sniffing his sleeves.

"You smell you!! I love your smell, but go and have your shower so that you can help me..."

"Yes sir..." Kyuhyun kissed his cheek and pinched his nose and ran up to his bedroom.

He has practically finished preparing breakfast when Mrs Cho came down. Other than apple pies, Sungmin did French toast, bread pudding and prepared tea as, well. Kyuhyun help to cut some fruits. 

"Oh my, Sungmin, you prepared everything!! I'm so sorry I overslept!" Mrs Cho apologised to him.

"It's ok, Mrs Cho, don't worry about it. It's my pleasure to prepare breakfast and Kyu helped too"

"Yes, Omma, see, I help too!!!" Kyuhyun proudly showed his mother his cut fruits.

"Ok ok, thank you too, Kyu!" and everybody laughed.

They had a fun time eating breakfast and talk about anything that came to mind. Then, conversation became a little bit more serious when Mrs Cho asked about Sungmin's family and whether they are okay with Kyuhyun as his partner.

"They accepted my choice of partner and yes, they accepted Kyu, thankfully" Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun, who grabbed his hand and squeezed it. 

"So, what is your plan, Kyu, for this relationship?" Mr Cho asked, sipping his tea. 

"We will take it one step at a time, and see how it goes. We hardly have time for ourselves actually, with us working different timing, so we treasure any little time that we can find to spend time together." 

"So sweet. I bet Sungmin takes care of your food and even washes your clothes" Ahra said, teasing her brother. 

Sungmin laughed "I just put everything into the washing machine, then I go for shower and then put the clothes into a dryer. After I slept, but before cooking, I will take out the clothes and fold them.  Then I start cooking and put aside as one for Kyuhyun's dinner. It's all routine to me" Sungmin smile. 

"Kyu, you are so lucky to have Sungmin, you lazy bum" Ahra scolded her brother. 

"I told him he don't need to take out the clothes and fold them, I can do it..." Kyuhyun defended himself, looking at Sungmin. 

"Yes he did, noona, but I'm folding my clothes, so might as well I fold his too. It didn't take much time actually" Sungmin nodded his head and smile. 

"So when you go to work, Kyuhyun wasn't back yet, and when you came back from work, Kyuhyun has left for office?" Mrs Cho asked. 

"Yeah, but lately, I will wait for him near his bank to have breakfast with him, then I go to office. Otherwise we could only see each other during his off day" 

"But Kyu, I feel guilty if because of spending time with me, you are late for work. We can just meet for a while and then you go in to your office" Sungmin said to Kyuhyun. 

"It's okay, I wasn't that late. Hyukjae is worst. He always came in half an hour on later!" 

"Let him see you Sungmin, else he couldn't concentrate on work because he misses you" Ahra said and have to dodge when Kyuhyun threw his napkin at her, making Sungmin laughed. 

They decided to go for a mini hiking next, just to the 1st level of Mount Seorak, as Mrs Cho could not climb so much. They cleared the table and prepared their hiking gear. 

Mount Seoraksan is part of the Taebaek mountain range. With its 1,708 meters (5,603 feet), it is the highest peak of the Korean national park and the third highest in all of Korea. Seoraksan National Park itself was declared a National Natural in 1970 and has also been registered as a UNESCO biosphere reserve. Since the mountain is so vast, it is usually divided into three parts: ‘Inner Seorak’, ‘Outer Seorak’, and ‘Southern Seorak’.

They would be hiking along the Southern Seorak, which was fairly easy track for those who wanted to hike for leisure. The started their ascent and the three guys were making sure the two ladies were okay. Kyuhyun also need to ensure Sungmin was okay as it was his first time hiking. 

However, at one steep step, Mrs Cho lost her balance and fell sideways, causing her to sprain her left ankle. 

"Omma, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. Mr Cho rushed over too asking her repeatedly if she was okay. 

"I'm ok, only my ankle. I don't think I can climb some more" 

"Mrs Cho, let me take a look at your ankle. I took a safety course before, so i hope I can help" Sungmin said, squatting next to Mrs Cho. 

Sungmin guided Mrs Cho to sit more comfortably, and slowly checked her ankle. He soothed a section of the ankle and slowly massage it in a circular motion. Mrs Cho held on to Sungmin as it was painful and was relief when the pain gradually eased.

"Sungmin, the pain is less now, thank you!! You are good in massaging! I think I can slowly walk" she said, attempting to stand up. 

"Omma, wait, slowly" Kyuhyun held on to his mother, to help her up. He turned to Sungmin and said "Thanks, Min!" 

Sungmin nodded but was quite worried for Mrs Cho "I think she can't really walk, Kyu. Let me piggyback her to the car" he offered. 

"No, no, I can piggyback her" Kyuhyun offered. 

"Kyu, I have a black belt in taekwando, so I can piggyback somebody with ease. Trust me" Sungmin smile at a surprise Kyuhyun. 

"Wow, you have a black belt???" Ahra was in awe. "Kyu, you lost" she nudge her brother. 

"Nah, it's nothing actually" Sungmin said humbly. "Mrs Cho, come, let me piggyback you" and he squat in front of her, and when Mrs Cho were ready, he effortlessly piggyback her all the way down to the car. 

Kyuhyun was amazed that he actually didn't know a lot about his boyfriend. On one hand, his dear boyfriend was like a girl, loves pink, cook and bake well. On the other hand, his dear boyfriend is more musculine that he himself! 

So, who should be the 'man' in their relationship...?