Weekend trip

Tenant

 

"So how was that breakfast session?" Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun the next Monday.

"One of the best!" Kyuhyun purposely delayed telling him.

But Ryeowook was smart! He could guessed correctly "So your plan to patch them back works!"

Kyuhyun smile "And they couldn't be sea after that. They just couldn't wait to kiss!" Kyuhyun laughed.

"Heyyy Heyyy you two are talking behind my back!" Hyukjae walked over.

"We are in front of you..!" Ryeowook laughed.

"Yeah yeah..." Hyukjae put his hands on his hips.

"So did you two kiss?" Ryeowook nudged Hyukjae.

"I'm not going to tell you anything!" Hyukjae said and walked away. Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun and both of them laughed.

After Ryeowook went back to his seat, Kyuhyun called Siwon to finalise the rental of his villa. He has applied for two days leave on Friday and on the following Monday so that they could drive up on Friday morning after Sungmin finished his shift. Sungmin could sleep in his car so that he could have some rest.

True enough, Sungmin was tired and had immediately fell asleep! Kyuhyun chuckled seeing his beautiful face, comfortably sleeping with his mouth slightly opened. Kyuhyun had adjusted his seat to an inclined position when he stopped at a petrol station earlier to top up his car fuel, and bought some sandwiches and mineral water, before heading to the highway. Sungmin looked so cute, wearing his favourite pink pullover and hugging his winter jacket. 

Kyuhyun still recalled when Sungmin responded to his advertisement to rent his room after Changmin had left. Kyuhyun didn't even know that his new tenant was a girl or a guy because his stuff were mostly in pink, which he saw when he entered the rented bedroom to replace the light bulb for the sidetable light. 

Sungmin had been his tenant, then became a fake boyfriend when they visited his family, and eventually became his real boyfriend after they discovered their true feelings! How time flies! 

The holiday villa was located near Hwacheon lake and the northern border, in some places, was within nine kilometres of the Korean Demilitarized Zone. Kyuhyun had checked it out and read that it is really a beautiful area and the lake which was near to the villa was famous for the annual Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival every winter. 

It was a 3 hours drive to the villa, so when Kyuhyun did a stopover at a rest area, and he woke Sungmin up so that they could munch something and buy more food and mineral water, since the villa was far from city area. 

Sungmin stretched himself when he stepped out from the car. "Kyu, your car is so comfy, I think I can sleep for ages" Sungmin said, suppressing a yawn. 

Kyuhyun laughed, and said "Put on your jacket, it's cold" and helped Sungmin to put it on. It was cream coloured winter jacket and matched his pink pullover perfectly, making him bright and beautiful. 

"Thank you. Do I look very sleepy?" 

"You look very beautiful" 

"Tsk...." Sungmin playfully punched him. He tidied up his hair and walked next to Kyuhyun. The air was chilling but fresh. "I like the weather here, so different from Seoul". 

They walked in to the cafe, and Kyuhyun pointed to a corner table. "Wanna save some money and get a villa here?" 

"It's surely very expensive!" Sungmin sat down and looked over the menu at the counter nearest to them. 

"I must find out from Siwon how much his family bought it last time.." Kyuhyun looked over at the menu too. 

"Hnmm.. shall we have aglio olio?" Sungmin suggested "And coffee for me".  Kyuhyun nodded and went to order. He came back with the order tracker.  Sungmin leaned back and continued their conversation "Your colleague Siwon must be from a well to do family... I mean, to be able to afford a villa in this area.. " 

"He is, and his father has been pestering him to take over his company, and become the CEO" 

"Wow... he's a good catch!" Sungmin raised his eyebrows. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "You are not available, so.. too bad" 

Sungmin laughed "I don't mean me! Why didn't you hook up with him last time?" 

Kyuhyun looked at him "Are you giving me up...?" 

Sungmin laughed "Just curious....." 

"He did like me initially, but I told him I treated him as a brother, and he understand. We are just like brothers now.." Kyuhyun smile. It was the truth and Siwon was okay with it. 

"Hmmm... I see..." 

"I'm totally in love with somebody you know, so.. well... " Kyuhyun smile, looking at him. 

"I wonder who that lucky person is..." Sungmin said, with a straight face. 

The tracker beeped, so Kyuhyun chuckled, got up, pinched Sungmin's nose, and walked to the collection counter. Sungmin laughed, looking at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was so handsome that even his back looked extremely gorgeous.  They ate and talked about their plans while staying in the villa. 

They continued their journey and after exiting the highway and turning into another road, finally a number of villa came into view. Sungmin was excited "Wow, those villa are real nice!!" 

"Siwon said his villa is more remote, but near to the lake, so I guess it's still quite a distance" Kyuhyun glanced at his GPS. 

Finally they reached at a private compound and Kyuhyun rolled down his window to tap a card to the gate reader. Siwon had given him the card access and the front door PIN. Once the gate opened, they could see an awesome white villa with dark brown timber all around it. 

"Ohmygod, this is really a beautiful villa!!" Sungmin whistled, and took out his phone to snap a picture of it. 

And the moment Kyuhyun opened the front door, they both exclaimed "Wow..." simultaneously! It was really beautiful and clean and cosy! They brought in their bags and food, including a cheesecake that Sungmin bake the night before, for Kyuhyun's birthday. Sungmin put it in the large fridge and helped Kyuhyun to put in the mineral water and some fruits that they bought. 

After they had done touring the whole villa, Kyuhyun suggested that they drive around for sightseeing to view the beautiful Hwacheon. Sungmin readily agreed and suggested they drive to Paroho Lake further up north. He read that it is a scenic and historic reservoir created by the Hwacheon Dam, and situated close to Korea's Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). 

The lake was indeed very scenic and beautiful. Kyuhyun parked the car because Sungmin wanted to take photos and they even took a few selfies together. Though it was cold, the air was so refreshing and the view was breathtaking. 

"Min, I think the view over there is better. Should we drive there?" Kyuhyun pointed to a road further up on their right. They saw a lane surrounding the lake and they could see some cars parked there along the lake. 

"Yeah okay" Sungmin said, rubbing his hands due to chilly air. 

They got into the car and Kyuhyun turned up the heater to warm them up. He started driving again and was looking out for the sign to turn to the other lane.  However, there wasn't any signboard and eventually he missed the turning! 

"Kyu, it was that turning! Just a small lane!" Sungmin pointed to the small turning that they missed. 

"Yeah shucks! I just realised that I missed it!" Kyuhyun sighed. "Ohh.. great, there's a side road in front, I should be able to turn back then we can drive to that small lane" Kyuhyun looked ahead and prepared to turn right. 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a few military policemen came out and surrounded their car! They walked nearer and pointed their guns at them... !