The call centre guy

Tenant

After his shower, Sungmin went back to the kitchen to store his groceries in the fridge. His landlord had told him to use the fridge as and when he wants to keep his groceries, and furthermore, he's cooking for 2 portions almost everyday. His landlord had reduced his rental in exchange for the food, and Sungmin was grateful for that.

He put his laundry in the washing machine and let it run, then he cleaned the kitchen and living room. He really like this apartment because he felt at ease, and don't mind doing the chores.

Before he hit his bed to sleep, he heard his ipad mini ping with "ka talk", indicating a message.

"Hi,  I'll get us dinner tonight, so you don't have to cook. I'll drop by home later around 4pm before going back to office, and put yours on the table. I won't disturb your sleep. Cheers." 

"Oh, so nice of him. If he drop by at 4pm, then I can get to see him!" Sungmin said happily and went to sleep. 

When Kyuhyun stepped into the house, it was quiet and his tenant's door was closed, indicating that she's sleeping. He tip-toed quietly and put the steak on the dining table and put a sticky note. 

Earlier, Kyuhyun and his boss had a late lunch near their meeting place and since it was late, and the steak was supper good, he decided to order 2 more sets to be packed. It was beef steak with baked potatoes, carrots, brocolli and Japanese cucumber, and the waiter said that the steak can last till the next day, just need to heat up in the oven. 

At about 6.30pm, Kyuhyun got a message in kakao. "Thank you for the dinner!!! I'm already hungry coz it smells so good!!" his tenant texted him with a hungry dog GIF. 

Kyuhyun chuckled, and type "You are most welcome! Remember to heat it up first" and Kyuhyun added a big smiley face. 

"Hey Kyu, have you read the memo? Our company group is organising team bonding in Jeju this weekend!!" Hyukjae told him from across his cubicle. 

"Really? Wow, whole group? How many days?" Kyuhyun asked, with Ryeowook pop over his head from the next cubicle. 

"When when when???" Ryeowook asked eagerly. 

"3 days 2 nights, flying to Jeju on Friday evening. We are supposed to submit who we are rooming with" Hyukjae was reading the memo to them. 

"Kyu, I'll be your roommate!!!!" Ryeowook put up his hand. 

"Did I say I want to be your roommate??" Kyuhyun . 

"Please Kyu...." 

"Hmmm okayyyyy" 

"Woohoo!!! Hyuk, you and Siwon should be in one room! Then the rest have to find their own roommates!!" Ryeowook was practically jumping!

"Let's register now!" Hyukjae started typing. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook walked over to Hyukjae's desk excitedly to register for themselves. 

That night at the Call Centre, Sungmin got a reply from the Operations team that indeed, it was a wrong posting. They have reverse the wrong entry in Mr Cho Kyuhyun's card, reverse the 'return cheque fee' and adjusted the interest. His card credit limit would automatically adjusted back the following day. As it was their Bank's error, they seeked the Call Centre to arrange for a token of goodwill in the form of a food hamper and a dining voucher to the customer. 

"Ok, great! I can call back the customer to tell him the good news and also get his address confirmation so that I can send the hamper and the  voucher" Sungmin said happily. 

Looking up his memo, he dial the customer's number. When the call was picked up, he introduced himself "Good evening, I'm Lee Sungmin from Woori Bank, may I speak to Cho Kyuhyun-ssi, please". 

"Yeah speaking. I put you on speaker, alright, because I'm driving" Kyuhyun said. Deep in his heart, he was rejoicing to hear that melodious voice again, and not so much of getting his card limit back. 

"Oh you are driving, do you want me to call you back?" 

Kyuhyun was contemplating, if this Lee Sungmin call him back later, he could get to listen to his voice again, but eventually he said "It's ok, just go ahead" and he could literally feel a hammer knocked on his head. "So do you have any good news for me?".

"Yes, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi, we have investigated and indeed, it was posted wrongly to your card. We are very sorry about that. We have reversed the wrong entry and reversed all the fee and interest. Your card limit will be auto revert to your normal limit by tomorrow morning".. 

"That's great! Thank you so much for your prompt follow-up. I really  appreciate it". 

"Not a problem. It's our Bank's fault anyway. And I have arrange for a token of goodwill, which is a food hamper and dining voucher for 2 at The Shilla, for you".

"Oh really? Wow... "

"Can I deliver them to you tomorrow, sir? From our Bank's record, your address is your company address, is that right? Or do you want me to deliver to a home address?" 

Home? Hmm, his tenant would be sleeping during the day and he didn't want to disturb her, so Kyuhyun said "Just deliver it to my office address. Thank you very much, Lee Sungmin-ssi".

"Will you be in the office tomorrow morning sir? I will deliver the hamper and pass you the voucher around 9.30am?"

"Yes, I'm around. You inform your  courier guy to ask our receptionist to buzz me, I will come out". 

"Ohh, I'll be the one sending them, sir, since I finished my shift tomorrow morning". 

"You will be the one sending? Oh great great, ok then, why don't you text me when you arrived, so that I can come out to meet you?" Kyuhyun tried his luck, because if Lee Sungmin text him, he would get his phone number!!. He felt like dancing on the road now, knowing that Lee Sungmin himself would be coming to his office!! 

"Ok will do, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi. I will text you when I reach your office. See you sir". 

"Thank you and see you tomorrow" and Kyuhyun made a "Yes!!" gesture with his arm and squeel like a teenage girl. A car sounded it's horn behind because he didn't move when the traffic light turn green. Kyuhyun sneered at the driver silently and said "You are just jealous, right?" and he showed his tongue at his side mirror. 

Sungmin smile while removing his headset. He had volunteered to send the hamper to this customer as the courier service could only make the delivery on the next evening due to their busy schedule. He told his boss he would deliver it himself since he would be going home anyway. 

He carried his carrier bag with his food, and headed to his pantry to heat it up. It smells good even before he put it in the oven.  And my god, it tasted so good! The steak must be expensive!!! He must thank his landlord for this delicious dinner!! 

He started typing in his kakaotalk on his ipad mini "My dear landlord, thank you for the super duper delicious steak!!! It's the most delicious steak I've ever tasted! It must be expensive!!! Thank you!!!" 

After a while, he got a "ka-talk" ping. His landlord replied!!! "You are most welcome!!! Anyway, I want to let you know that I'll be away in Jeju this weekend till Monday, to attend our office function. So you don't have to cook for me from Friday to Monday ok. Cheers, Cho"

Ahhh I see, Sungmin somehow felt lonely. He type "Ok, so I can still cook for you tomorrow?" And he added a smiley face.

Another ping... "Yes, yes" and Kyuhyun added a kitty GIF who stood anxiously waiting for food.

Sungmin laughed. Somehow, they are getting friendlier as time goes by. But the funny thing was, they never get to meet face to face!!

Sungmin then check his phone for messages. He remembered earlier on the way to his office, he got a message from Sungjin that their father had a fall and was hospitalised. This week Friday till Sunday happened to be his off days. Should he go back Ilsan to visit his father? He sigh and shrugged his shoulder and took a cup of coffee and walked back to his cubicle.

"I should visit him, right?" Sungmin sighed loudly and started to lookup the coach timetable before deciding to book a seat.

"Heyy, what's up? Everything ok Minnie?" Kangin's appeared from the opposite cubicle and rolled his chair nearer to Sungmin "I heard you sighed". 

"My father had a fall and is hospitalised. I'm still undecided whether to go visit him or not"

"It's your off day right, this weekend? You should go" Shindong suddenly pop over too. "Whatever happened in the past, he is still your father". 

"Yeah I guess you are right. I'll book a coach now".

"Ohh Minnie, the hamper for your customer just came. It's on the utility table. The voucher is with me. Lemme get it for you" Kangin rolled back his chair to his desk and took out an envelop from his drawer. He passed it to Sungmin.

"Thanks hyung. I'll pass both hamper and this voucher to the customer tomorrow".

"Just call the courier guy" Shindong said. 

"They can't make it tomorrow. And I don't want to delay sending, it's as though we are not sincere in sending him the gift. So it's ok, I will send it personally. I have his company address". 

 "So proud of you, Minnie! You should get a service award recognition!!" Kangin told him. 

"It's nothing hyung. I will be upset too if I always paid full but my card got a decline. Still couldn't believe that our operation team could make such a mistake. Don't they check the card number first before posting?" 

"Yeah, and they bragged that they have maker and checker process in place. My foot!" Kangin said angrily. He himself encountered some issues dealing with their Operations team. 

"I've feedback my complain about them already to their Manager, siting this issue of wrong returned-cheque posting. I hope they will buck up and always check their work. It's a disgrace to our bank!" Sungmin said, recalling his email to the Operation team's Manager. 

"Serve them right!! And we are the one who has to apologise and follow up with customers" Shindong sighed. 

"It's our job Shindong...." Kangin said while picking up a call. 

It was 7am and Sungmin felt relieved that he could resolved another issue with a difficult customer whom he has been talking for the past 45minutes. He stretched himself, and then checked his email before logging off his laptop.

He had breakfast with Shindong in their pantry  with 3 other team members who had ended their shift too. They talked and joke about the calls that they received earlier and Sungmin loved sharing his fair share of stories too. It's a good way to destress after a whole night of working.

He was ready to leave his office at 8.30am and checked that the voucher is with him. He took his slingbag and carried the food hamper.

He decided to walk as he has plenty of time. Though the hamper is heavy, he didn't mind as the morning weather was fantastic. His blond hair always attracted attention and some girls looked at him with interest. He smile politely at them and just walked on.

Kyuhyun was at a traffic junction near his office when his attention got caught by a blond guy crossing the road. Wow, that guy is hot! His eyes followed that guy until he reached the other junction. Ahhh, too bad his car has to move. He turned to his building's basement car park and parked near the lift. He remembered the call centre guy would be coming later so he rushed to his floor so that he could clear some work first.

His phone buzzed. Kyuhyun almost dropped his phone when he saw in the notification list that it's an unknown number, that means it would be Lee Sungmin's message.

The message mentioned "Good morning, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi, I'm Lee Sungmin. So sorry I arrived here too early".

"Ohmygodohmygod he's here" Kyuhyun quickly type a reply "No worries, I'll come out now", and signed off his laptop and combed his hair with his fingers. 

Kyuhyun told Ryeowook that he's going out for a while and Ryeowook, who was on his phone, gave him an ok sign.

Once he stepped out to the reception area, he was surprised to see the same guy who was crossing just now. He looked even hotter up close. He was seated on the sofa and he was wearing a white sweater over a pink shirt, and with his blond hair, the whole effect was "wow, he's not only hot, but beautiful!!" Kyuhyun said to himself.

"Lee Sungmin-ssi? Hi, I'm Kyuhyun"

Sungmin looked up and stood up. He was dumbstruck when Kyuhyun introduced himself!! His voice was not only dreamy, but his face too! So handsome!!!

"Hello, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi, nice to meet you in person!" Sungmin smile and shook hand with Kyuhyun. Then bent down to carry the hamper "This is for you as a token of goodwill from us, and, hold on" Sungmin handover the hamper to Kyuhyun, and took out the voucher envelop from his slingbag, "this is the dining voucher for you" he smile at Kyuhyun while extending his hand to give the voucher.

"Thank you, and you carried this from your office?"

"It wasn't that far and the weather is great!" Sungmin smile. 

Kyuhyun wanted to see more of that smile. "Thank you so much! Can you wait here for a while? I put this on my table and I'll come out again"

"Oh sure" Sungmin said, unsure why Kyuhyun wanted to come out again. But it's ok, coz he could get to see that handsome man again.

After a while, Kyuhyun came out again. "Isit okay if I treat you coffee? Have you had your breakfast yet?"

"Ahhh, you don't have to, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi. Yes, I have my breakfast early this morning in my office after my shift".

"Please? Just for a while? I haven't had my breakfast yet"

"Okayyy"

"Great!! Let's go" Kyuhyun showed the way out and led the way to a cafe nearby. They managed to find a seat outside the cafe, luckily sheltered from the sun, and the waiter came over to give them the menu. "What would you like to have, Sungmin-ssi?" 

"Hmmm, ice tea, and a piece of strawberry cake" 

"That's it?" 

"Yeah, if I'm too full, I can't sleep" Sungmin chuckled. 

"Oh yes, you had just ended your shift. Ok then I'll place our order" and Kyuhyun got up to walk to the cashier. 

Even from his back, Kyuhyun looked handsome. And so tall! Sungmin couldn't take his eyes off Kyuhyun!! 

"Ok the waiter will bring our orders to our table" Kyuhyun smile. "Thank you for sending the hamper yourself. You must be tired after your night shift" 

"I'm used to it. Normally after work I will drop by the supermarket to buy groceries before going home. But I don't have to, today, coz tomorrow I'm off and I'm going back home". 

"Home?" 

"Yes, my home is in Ilsan. I rented a room here, and my brother text me this morning that my father had a fall and is hospitalised, so I've decided to go home to visit  him".

"Ohh I see, I hope he is ok"

"His injuries didn't sound serious, so I guess he's ok" he smile. "I hope you will like the food hamper". 

"I'm sure I will. I'll share it with my colleagues" 

"You don't want to bring home to share with your family?" 

"I'm alone here. My parents and sister stayed somewhere else. And my colleagues are just happy to wallup everything in the hamper! I have to put a sticky note just now with a "don't touch" message, or else only the basket will be left for me" Kyuhyun said with a straight face, knowing Ryeowook's and Hyukjae's love for titbits.

Sungmin laughed. And he looked so beautiful when he's laughing! Kyuhyun thought. 

They talked in general and ate their breakfast. Surprisingly, they are at ease and can talk on almost anything under the sun! 

Kyuhyun insisted to pay, and before they split ways, Sungmin said "Kyuhyun-ssi, thank you very much for the breakfast, and all the best for your work today" 

"Have a safe journey home. Hope everything is ok with your dad" Kyuhyun said sincerely. 

"Thank you! Hope to see you again. Goodbye!" Sungmin waved and crossed the road. 

Kyuhyun walked back to his office and back to his desk. He too, are hopeful to see Sungmin again. 

When he reached his desk, his hamper was open and Ryeowook was munching a biscuit. 

"I seemed to remember I put a sticky note with a" Don't touch" message??" Kyuhyun said putting his hands on his waist to show that he's annoyed. 

"Hmmm, we didn't touch it. We just tear it" Ryeowook said with a straight face. Hyukjae laughed too and sat at Kyuhyun's desk. 

Kyuhyun eventually laughed and shook his head, because he knew his colleagues too well!!