Plans

Tenant

They drove Mrs Cho to a clinic and got her foot treated and bandaged. She was thankful to Sungmin for carrying her to the clinic.

And since Mrs Cho could not stand too long to cook due to her leg injury, Sungmin took over preparing meals for the Cho family. Not only he prepared meals, he also prepared deserts since the villa has all the baking utensils.

They celebrated Christmas happily and Sungmin were the one's cooking everything, from grilling the turkey to baking cheese cake. Everybody enjoyed his cooking, especially Kyuhyun, who were so proud of his boyfriend's skills. 

"Sungmin, thank you for cooking our meals and the delicious desserts. We are so grateful to you!!" Mrs Cho said after their dinner on Sungmin's and Kyuhyun's last night there. They would be going back early the following day.

"Yes, Sungmin, I will definitely missed your dessert! You are welcome to come over anytime. You don't have to wait for the dimwit brother of mine..." Ahra showed her tongue at Kyuhyun. 

"Shame on you, noona! You should be the one cooking! Lucky Sungmin is here!" Kyuhyun threw a napkin at his sister. His sister dodge and the napkin hit their mother instead, making Kyuhyun quickly run over to hug his mother and apologise, making everybody laughed at him. 

The journey back was quiet. Kyuhyun was driving silently and was thinking at the same time about Sungmin, who he perceived could be so masculine, yet feminine at the same time. Such an amazing person. He realised that there are still a lot more things that he didn't know about his boyfriend and that he needed to get to know him more. 

"Kyu, I'm on duty tonight, so I take a nap first okay?" Sungmin said, yawning while closing his mouth.

"Go ahead, Min. You can adjust the seat backwards so that you feel more comfortable" he glanced at Sungmin.

"Yeah okayy, thanks" he adjusted the seat to inclined backwards and get to a more comfortable position.

"Sorry Min, because of all the cooking for my family, you became so tired..." Kyuhyun reached out his right hand to hold Sungmin's hand for a while.

Sungmin smile and squeezed his hand and used his thumb to soothe Kyuhyun's hand "It's my pleasure, Kyu, so don't worry about it. It's just that I used to sleep around this time, so my body clock naturally switch off" Sungmin chuckled.

"You sleep then. I'll wake you up once we reach home" Kyuhyun said and when he glanced at his boyfriend, he chuckled because Sungmin had drifted to sleep, still holding Kyuhyun's hand. Slowly, he removed his hand and concentrated on driving.

He was not sure why Sungmin chose a permanent night shift. Most people in their age group would prefer a normal day work so that they can rest or go out at night. He knew that it was less stressful at night, less meetings, no traffic congestion and the salaries are higher due to midnight hours, but now that there are in a relationship, it is hard to be together. He is not sure whether it was too early to tell him to switch night shift job to normal hours job, now that they had just started their relationship. Kyuhyun didn't want Sungmin to be forced to change to a day shift just because he asked him to. 

Once they reached home, Sungmin went to sleep again, and only woke up in the evening. He felt fresh but felt bad that he didn't accompany Kyuhyun throughout the day. He wanted to start cooking but wondered where was Kyuhyun. He found him sipping his coffee at the balcony. 

"Heyyy. Sorry I wasn't much of a company today...." Sungmin stood at the door, looking apologetically at Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun turned and smile at him "Don't talk nonsense, you are working tonight, of course you need to catch up on your sleep. Want some coffee?" 

"Yeah, I'll get it" Sungmin walked back to the kitchen and poured himself a mug of coffee. It was freshly brewed by Kyuhyun and smell so nice. 

He joined Kyuhyun at the balcony to drink his coffee before he start cooking. 

"I'll help you to cook later.." Kyuhyun smile at Sungmin. 

"You are tired too from all the driving. Your turn to rest" 

"No, I want to spend some time with you. I can rest later..." 

"Hmmmm... Kyu? I was thinking to switch my shift to daytime. Or at least the regular morning and afternoon shift. At least we have more time together..."

Kyuhyun couldn't believe what he heard! That was exactly what he has in mind! "You don't mind to work during day time? You know, back to traffic congestion, meetings..." 

"I need to adjust, but I guess it should be okay. I rather have more time with you" Sungmin smile at him. He seriously has been thinking about this for quite some time eversince they started their relationship. It was hard to spend time together with them being in different shift. 

"Sungmin, I am not forcing you to switch but I am happy that you are considering it. I missed you at night and yes, I want us to spend more time together too" Kyuhyun reached over and kissed his lips tenderly. "Let's start cooking. Else you'll be late..." 

Sungmin held him back when he was about to get up. He pulled him for another kiss. He kissed Kyuhyun with all his heart so that Kyuhyun knew that he was serious in this relationship too. Kyuhyun kissed him back tenderly and after some time, he pulled back and said "Min, we really should start cooking...." and they both laughed and got up. 

Kyuhyun already missed Sungmin when he left for work. He was happy that their relationship was progressing very well. He couldn't wait till new year's eve when Sungmin would be on leave again for his birthday. Kyuhyun must made some plans on how to celebrate Sungmin's birthday as it would be their first time celebrating his birthday together! 

He asked Hyukjae and Ryeowook the next day on ideas to celebrate birthdays, during their morning tea break. 

"Hmmm, have ...?" Ryeowook said blantly. 

Kyuhyun threw a crumpled serviette at him. "Your mind need to undergo some disinfection..." 

"What? Isn't it the best step to move forward in a relationship? I've done it with Jongwoon and Hyuk has done it with Donghae. Left you!" Ryeowook said cozily, as though their life is a daily topic. 

"Ohmygod Wook, can you lower your volume! We are at our office cafeteria!" Hyukjae was kicking Ryeowook's leg. 

"What's wrong? You scared Siwon will know that you have slept with Hae?" Ryeowook . 

"Ohmygod, Kyu, can you make him shut up?!!!" Hyukjae was like fainting. 

"Wook..." Kyuhyun warned him. 

"Okay okay. Hmm, how about just spending time together? Go staycation, or somewhere special? Or, get him couple rings... " 

"Ahhh, rings! That's a very good idea Wook!" Kyuhyun honestly praised him. 

"See, I am good at all these things!!" Ryeowook praised himself in front of Hyukjae. 

"Yeah yeah..." Hyukjae showed his tongue at Ryeowook. 

Kyuhyun pondered about this. Yes, he would buy couple rings, with their names on it. He smile and decided to go to a jewellery shop after work. He told Sungmin that he would be working overtime and that he would see him the next morning. 

Holding hands have some advantages, because Kyuhyun can now gauge Sungmin's ring size. He ordered the rings and agreed to collect them the flowing day. But that would mean he would go home late again the next evening, and he couldn't see Sungmin before he go off to work again. Kyuhyun sighed, but they would be spending time together soon, so he felt better. 

He has booked a hotel room facing Han River, so that they could watch the fireworks together during the new year's countdown. And he would give Sungmin the couple rings at the of midnight and wish him a happy birthday. 

He couldn't wait for it!!!