Tenant and landlord

Tenant

After his housemate, Changmin, left to study overseas, Kyuhyun decided to rent out the vacant room to a tenant.

A month after his advertisement, he got a new tenant, but as Kyuhyun worked during the day and the tenant worked during the night, they never met and they only communicated via kakaotalk on almost anything, from rental agreement, to keys, to rental payment, even house rules, and so on and so forth. Kyuhyun only introduced himself as Cho KH, and he only knew his tenant as SM Lee. 

When Kyuhyun left for work in the morning, the tenant was not back yet, and when Kyuhyun came back from work, the tenant has left for work. In the tenant's application form, seemed like the tenant is working as a customer service officer and in night shift. 

"How's your new tenant?" Hyukjae, his colleague, asked Kyuhyun during their lunch.

"I never met her coz she's always working on night shift".

"It's a 'she'???" Ryeowook almost choke himself. He coughed and Kyuhyun passed him his glass of water. 

"I guess so. She replaced the bedspread with a pink spread, and her stuff are mostly pink!"

"You sneek into her room??" Ryeowook asked in disbelief. 

"It's my house!! Anyway she told me in kakao whether she can replace the table light bulb coz it's faulty, so I told her I will replace it later, which I did and that was when I saw those pink stuff". 

"Hmmm, interesting. And you don't mind a girl staying with you?" Hyukjae asked raising his eye brows up and down, smiling. 

Kyuhyun shrugged "We never met. So it's ok. Anyway the extra money helps me to pay for my car, and she also cook extra for me. She will pack it in a container and told me to heat it up for my dinner". 

"Wahhhh you are so lucky!! You should meet her, maybe you will fall in love with her" Ryeowook . 

"Please Wook, I'm not interested in girls". 

"Ahhh yes, but you are not interested in me too" Ryeowook retorted. 

"Smack you! Stay faithful to Jongwoon, you dumbwit" 

"Shut up... I always like you, you know" 

"Wook, give it up. Like what Kyu said, stay faithful to Jongwoon. He loves you from heaven to hell, from moon to stars" Hyukjae laughed. 

"And how about you?? Just last week I saw you oogled at Siwon's body at the gym. Stay faithful to Donghae!!" Ryeowook showed his tongue at Hyukjae. 

"I am!!!" Hyukjae showed his tongue back at Ryeowook. 

"Ok ok enough you two!" Kyuhyun gestured them to lower down their voice. 

"And Siwon likes you too, Kyu" Ryeowook said softly. 

"I told him I regard him as a brother and he understand" 

"That's good. So you are single and available!" Ryeowook patted Kyuhyun's shoulder and nodded his head. It was true that he always admired and liked Kyuhyun, but he knew Kyuhyun regarded him only as close friend. And he appreciated that honesty from Kyuhyun. Furthermore, he has Jongwoon now. 

"Ok are we done with lunch? Let's pay and we can go and buy coffee" Kyuhyun got up and proceeded to the cashier. He volunteered to pay first by using his card. 

Somehow the card couldn't get through. The cashier tried again, but still the POS terminal displayed "Error, Call Bank". That caught him by surprised because he always paid his credit card in full. 

"I'm sorry sir, do you have another card?" the lady at the cashier asked. 

"Hmm, I'll pay by cash then" Kyuhyun proceeded to pass her the cash, while still wondering why his the bank declined his card. He needed to call the Bank. 

Both Hyukjae and Ryeowook paid their share in cash too. Normally they would just transfer to Kyuhyun's account. 

"Kyu, you better check with the Bank, in case your card is faulty or worst, used by fraudster" Hyukjae told him. 

"Yes I will, but damn it, I got 3 back to back meetings whole afternoon" Kyuhyun sighed. 

"Call after work. They are 24hours" Ryeowook said, recalling that Jongwoon ever call the Bank at night when his fund transfer failed. 

"Yup, ok then. I'll call them later"

It was a busy evening at the Call Centre. Sungmin's line kept giving him flickering red light, indicating that there was another customer on hold. 

He was about to stop for a break when another call came in. He could always divert it to Shindong's line, but his colleague was still on the line with a difficult customer, so Sungmin decided to just take the call. 

"Good evening, Welcome to Woori Bank, Lee Sungmin speaking, how may I help you?" 

"Good evening, hi, can you check my BC Visa Card, I got a decline when I tried to use it this afternoon".

"Sure sir, who am I speaking to and could you give me your identification number?"

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun" Kyuhyun said and read out his driving licence number.

"Cho Kyuhyun-ssi, you were saying your BC Card was decline? Just give me a moment" 

Kyuhyun heard some keyboard noise and then the guy's voice was back again.

"Sir, there was a returned cheque posted to your credit card which was causing an overlimit to your card" Sungmin told him. 

"A returned cheque? But I didn't issue any cheque to pay my card. I paid using bank transfer. Can you check what is the cheque number?" 

"Yes you are right, I saw that there was a payment via bank transfer, sir.  Let me check what is the cheque number" Sungmin login to another system to find the cheque number, and continued "Sir, the cheque number was 302137".

"That's not my cheque and I definitely did not pay using a cheque. There must be a mistake. Can you please check which card the cheque was supposed to be returned? Your bank must have posted to the wrong card, which unfortunately happened to be my card. Please reverse it from my card and restore my credit limit" Kyuhyun sound annoyed. 

"Sure sir, we will investigate and get back to you. Which number should we call you sir?" 

"You can call me on this mobile number. Can you quickly reinstate my credit limit once you have investigated? How can your bank make this kind of mistake? I always paid in full yet I got a decline!! It was so embarrassing!" 

"My apologies sir, I will reinstate your card limit as soon as I can"

"Ok then, thank you very much" Kyuhyun said and cut off the line. How could the bank made such a mistake was beyond his understanding!

Lee Sungmin off his line and removed his head set. This is strange. How could the operation team made such a mistake? He quickly emailed to the operation team and provided all the details in a password encrypted file, and attached it to his email and  request them to check ASAP tomorrow. He signalled to Shindong that he is taking a break. 

He heated up his food and took a cup of coffee. He could feel the customer's disappointment that the bank had made such a mistake. While eating his food, he couldn't help recalling that customer, Cho Kyuhyun's voice. He has such a deep and wonderful voice. Even when he sounded angry, his voice still sounded heaven!! 

"Ohh what am I thinking!" he scolded himself and finished up his food. He had cooked fried oyster rice and threw in green beans and fried eggs. He hope his landlord would like it. He never see him in person but Sungmin imagined him as an elderly divorced man, with no children. His landlord's laundry were always in brown or blue sweater, white shirts, black pants, black socks and white handkerchief.  A young man would have more colourful attire!! 

He had started cooking extra to give half of his cook food to his landlord after seeing rows of instant noodles in the kitchen cupboard. How could one live with instant noodles every night? He shooked his head, recalling what he saw the first few days that he stayed there. He really didn't mind cooking extra because his landlord has been kind to process his tenancy with ease and no questions asked. 

Some landlord had rejected his tenancy request when they found out that he worked night shifts, maybe because they couldn't padlocked their doors at night, or due to whatever reason. He had desperately looking for a place to stay after his application to transfer from Woori Bank branch near his home, to Woori Bank's head office in the city has been approved. He had a misunderstanding with his father when he refused an arrange marriage, and led to his decision to work in the city. 

Back at home, Kyuhyun finished up the fried oyster rice that his tenant had left for him. It was nice and he enjoyed eating it. He should buy more groceries so that his tenant could cook more food.  He smiled, and thinking back to the Call Centre guy whom he had talk to, though he was annoyed with the bank, he was thankful that the guy, what was his name again, Lee Sungmin?, yeah that's the name, would investigate and get back to him. That means he would hear his voice again? Kyuhyun definitely would want to hear that melodious voice again!! 

He washed his plate and clean the kitchen, then he did some work before he turned off the lights to sleep. He has an external meeting tomorrow and his boss said that he could go directly from home. That means he could wake up late! 

The next morning, when he was about to leave his bedroom, he heard the front door opened. Ohh his tenant is home, and finally he could see her face! Then his phone rang, and picking up, he could hear his tenant came in. 

"Hi boss, I was about to leave my home. Ohh you need a copy of the document? Yes yes I have but it's on my table. Let me get it and bring it along. Yes ok see you later" and Kyuhyun put down his briefcase and walked back towards his desk. 

Sungmin put his groceries on the table and walked into his room. He heard a voice in his landlord's room just now. 

"Ohh he is still at home?" Sungmin wondered to himself. 

He went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. 

By the time Kyuhyun went out of his room, he heard his tenant's bathroom door close. 

"Ohh well, I didn't get to see her. Maybe next time then" and he left home to drive to his meeting venue.