Over the weekend

Tenant


Sungmin made kimbap and sandwiches on that Thursday night before he left, for his landlord as well as for him to eat in the coach. He smiled while packing his bag because he managed to get something for his mum, brother, and even for his dad. He had gone shopping after his breakfast with that handsome customer.

He managed to get an earlier coach ticket, so he would be leaving the apartment that night itself at 7.30pm to catch his coach at 9pm. He has cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the whole apartment, done his laundry and now putting in his landlord's laundry into the washer before grabbing his bag to leave for his coach.

Sungmin exited from Lift B at the ground floor, at the same time when Kyuhyun entered Lift A. While Kyuhyun pressed the lift door to close, he saw a glimpse of a blond guy carrying a bag while busy typing on his ipad mini, walking in front of Lift A.

When Kyuhyun entered his home, he got a message in kakao.

"I'm visiting my family, so I won't be at home too the whole weekend. I've done my laundry and put yours in the washer. You just need to put them in the drier later. I made kimbap and sandwiches, and have clean the house. Have a safe flight and do enjoy Jeju!! "

"Thanks, somehow you sound like a wife! Haha. What time will you be back home after visiting your family?"

"Haha sorry" Sungmin type his message, referring to the "sounds like a wife" part. "I will be back on Sunday midnight".

"Ohh, do you want me to fetch you? It's dangerous to travel from the coach terminal to home after midnight"  Kyuhyun replied, genuinely worried for his tenant's safety.

"It's ok, no worries. Anyway you'll be tired after your flight from Jeju. Do have some rest!"

"Ok, have a safe journey. And thank you for the dinner!"

"You are welcome. See you".

Kyuhyun smiled at the word "See you", because how he wished that they can meet and have a decent conversation like other housemates! 

It was noon when they landed in Jeju's CJU Airport. On the way to the hotel, Ryeowook talked non-stop about Lotte Hotel Cheju because the drama "All In" was filmed there. He told Kyuhyun that he wanted to take foto at the windmill, at the hotel porch, at the swimming pool and at the casino. 

"But Wook, I don't think they will allow you into the casino" Kyuhyun said. 

"Huh, why...???" 

"Because you are small like a school boy!!! Hahaha" Kyuhyun laughed, earning a smack from Ryeowook. "Ouch, why did you hit me??" 

"I'm not small!!" Ryeowook folded his arms and feign sulking. 

"You are! If I hug you, other people can't even notice that you are there!!" 

Ryeowook smile with a naughty smile "Shall we try it??" 

"No..." 

"Tsk..... You no fun.." 

"We are here!!!!!" Kyuhyun said happily when their bus turned into the hotel driveway. 

Ryeowook was happy that he could spend the weekend with his colleagues, especially Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun always took care of him and made sure that he has proper meals. And to top it all, he would be Kyuhyun's roommate!!! Woohoo! 

Meanwhile, Sungmin was seated next to his father's bed in a hospital at his hometown. His father's right knee cap cracked due to a bad fall at his workplace. 

"Appa, come, let me feed you" Sungmin said, scooping a spoon of rice. His father had cried when he saw Sungmin came just now with Sungjin. They had hugged and Sungmin had seeked forgiveness from his father for leaving home. 

"Sungmin, I know what is your preference and I am not totally against it. But you have to think of your future because the larger society are still against this kind of relationship. I know you left home because you were against the arranged marriage, so now that everything is over, can you transfer back to Ilsan branch and stay here?" his father said softly while eating his food, scooped by Sungmin. 

"Appa, I know that I have disappoint you, and I am truly sorry, but I cannot accept her. I just cannot. And I'm staying put in Seoul". 

"You have someone already that's why you didn't want to work here? Then bring him to me and introduce him to our family" his father said, surprising Sungmin. He don't have a special boyfriend yet but that doesn't mean he can accept girls. But he needs to convince his father why he chose to stay and to stick to his preference. 

"Yes, I have" Sungmin said, and the first thing that came to his mind was ....... that handsome customer Mr Cho Kyuhyun! 'Ohmygod, what did I do to be in this deep ' Sungmin scolded himself. "And yes, I will bring him to introduce him to our family" Sungmin felt someone has strangled his neck. Because how on earth would he talk to Mr Cho for him to pretend to be his boyfriend?!! 

"Bring him home during Chuseok holidays. I should be discharged by then".

Ohmygod ohmygod, and Chuseok is the week after next! 

"Alright Appa" Sungmin said, barely managing to hide his panic mode. So he has less than 2 weeks to find a boyfriend, and if he could convince Mr Cho Kyuhyun to pretend to be his boyfriend, he needed to think of how to ask him!

Oh how about his landlord? He definitely like his landlord a lot. His landlord is kind, surely he would be willing to help him. But, wait, he's older and divorcee, it might be a no no to Appa, or maybe Appa, wouldn't mind?  Sighed, he walked dejectedly out of the hospital. Sungjin has gone to meet his friends, and omma has some errands to do and would be visiting Appa later. 

He somehow missed his landlord. He took out his ipad mini and message his landlord in kakao. 
"How's Jeju? Should be nice. Hope you have a good time" 

He didn't expect a response so fast, so it was a surprise that he did. 

"Heyyy there. Jeju is cool!!! I like it here. We are in Jeongbang Waterfall for team bonding, and each team have to do some treasure hunt. Can you believe it? Treasure hunt at a Waterfall?? Should be swimming competition or something haha. Anyways, my hands are still empty, my team haven't find anything, damn it"

"Sounds fun! Maybe the treasures are hidden under some rocks or pasted on tree trunks" 

"Wow, I found one! You are right! There was one under a rock in front of me!!" 

"Congrats haha!!! Find some more!! All the best!!" 

"Thank you! Talk to you again later!" 

"Have fun!" Sungmin clicked sent and smile to himself. They are close like friends but strangely, never had a chance to meet!! 

"Hmmm, I need to initiate a meeting, and it's only polite if I start first, since I'm staying at his house, shouldn't I?" Sungmin sighed, "maybe I take up his offer to pick me up?" Sungmin said, but decided to think later what he should do. 

In Jeju, Kyuhyun's team happened to find all the 'treasures' so they were declared winner! A happy Ryeowook wanted to hug Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun initiated a group hug instead. After that, they were all given packet lunch and were free to roam around the Waterfall. 

Jeongbang Waterfall is 23 m high. Depending on the level of recent rainfall, it can be up 8 m wide. The source of the waterfall is the stream Donghong-chun. Jeongbang Falls is among the top three waterfalls of Jeju-do and is the only waterfall in Asia to fall directly into the ocean.

They had dinner in the hotel and most of them went for a drink after that. Kyuhyun noticed that Ryeowook is especially touchy with him. Though they are very close friends and Kyuhyun are casual with him, but he didn't want Jongwoon-hyung to misunderstand. Thinking about others having partners, made him really wanted to be in a relationship. 

He suddenly think of Lee Sungmin, but at the same time, he thought of his tenant. He just realised that he likes both! OMG he likes his tenant more, a girl?!!! That means he can be straight if he wants to?? 

He was looking forward to more kakao talk conversation with his tenant. He missed his tenant. He must initiate a meeting to get to know each other better. 

Maybe he should insist to pick his tenant up this Sunday night...  He open up his kakao and started typing "I pick you up this Sunday night at the coach terminal" and when he click send, a message came in too, from his tenant! 

"Hi, I change my mind, can you pick me up at Express Bus terminal this Sunday night?..."