Fishing

Tenant

 

It was still snowing the next morning but the air was crisp, fresh and good. 

"The air is so good here! We should stay and work here instead of being coup up in Seoul with all the carbon monoxide and dirty air!" Kyuhyun said, breathing in the fresh air before getting into his car. 

Sungmin giggled "Well, like what we dream, let's save up and get a house here. Don't have to be a villa, just a small house or apartment so that we can travel here every season!" he said, looking out the window, admiring the houses, as Kyuhyun drove past them. 

They were on their way to the Hwacheon Sancheoneo lake and had decided to go there by car since it was snowing. Kyuhyun chuckled "Let's open a joint bank account, then we put aside some money every month. We must have a target you know, like in 5 years time, we should save this much... that kind of plan".

Sungmin gave his thumbs up to Kyuhyun and smile happily. They entered the car park and luckily could find a vacant parking lot. 

Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival is one of the best festivals for ice fishing in Korea. Every year in January till middle of February, this festival will take place in Hwacheon, offering visitors a chance to enjoy a unique ice fishing experience and various outdoor activities during winter. The Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival has been selected as one of the 7 Winter Wonders of the World by CNN!

There were several interesting things to do, like, ice fishing, lure fishing, bare-hand fishing, night fishing, etc.  Visitors can snow sled, bobsleigh, ice slide and ice skating as well, to enjoy the magical winter. And there were lots of food too as there was a food court, grill center, farmers market, cafeteria, etc.  All in all, it was a lovely place to go to and spent time with the family! 

After putting in the waterproof snow boots that they brought along, they started walking to the lake.  

"Wow! This place is amazing!" Sungmin exclaimed! 

"I know right!" Kyuhyun agreed and asked Sungmin to stand at the frozen lake area to take photo. It was a lovely shot! White frozen floor base against Sungmin's light pink jacket and his beautiful fair skin. They took more photos and finally decided to head over to the rental shop. 

They rented 2 ice fishing rods and the ice drilling machine, and bought a small tub of worms, and a container too, to store the fishes. They had brought along their own waterproof gloves, so once they have paid, they headed out to find a good spot for their 'adventure'. 

"Min, how about over there?" Kyuhyun pointed to a vacant space between two families on either side. It was quite a reasonably big space, so Sungmin readily agreed. 

Following the guidelines that were given to them, Kyuhyun started the ice drilling, and once done, they were ready to fish! 

While fishing, they talked about their plan to come back here next February, but was interrupted by two girls. 

"Hi there! Can we join you?" a long-haired girl asked them. 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked up and saw 2 girls near them, one with a long hair with a red beanie, and another shorter-haired girl with a pink beanie. 

"Ermmm, we are discussing business, so we rather not get interrupted. Sorry about that..." Kyuhyun bowed slightly as an apology. 

"We didn't know how to use this equipment. And we saw that you already set everything up. We will not disturb your conversation, promised" the shorter-haired girl said to them, while putting her hand up as though she swear that they won't disturb them.  

"Seriously these 2 girls!" both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were saying in their heart! 

"Ermm, I can help you to cut the ice. You just need to let me know where do you want to fish" Kyuhyun offered.  He secretly rolled his eyes at Sungmin, who chuckled and looked down at his rod as there were some shaking. 

"Ohhhh I think I got something!" he said excitedly at Kyuhyun, ignoring the two girls completely. 

"Ohh really? Roll up your rod!!! Wait wait, let me take a video!!" Kyuhyun quickly removed his glove and took out his phone. He ignored the 2 girls too, and started taking the video while Sungmin rolled up his rod. 

"Yayy! I got one!!!" Sungmin was rejoicing and brought the fish closer to Kyuhyun's handphone. 

The two girls were annoyed that these 2 handsome princes did not even bait an eyelid at them. When they first saw them at the shop, they were swooning at their handsome look and started to trail them. 

But they were being ignored! They were pretty and guys would jump to date them, but these two guys were in their own world! 

"Wendy, let's just sit here with them!" the long-haired lady, called Irene, told her short-haired friend. 

"Are you crazy?" Wendy asked softly. "Let's just look around..." 

"No, just sit here.." and Irene unfolded her portable seat and sat next to Kyuhyun! 

Unwillingly Wendy followed suit, and sat next to Sungmin. And the two guys were still in their own world, laughing happily because each of them managed to catch some fishes. 

When Kyuhyun unhooked his latest catch, he realised that there was somebody next to him. He turned and was shocked that the long-haired girl was looking at him with interest. He glanced to the short-haired girl next to Sungmin, and he got annoyed because these 2 girls just didn't know how to mind their own business! 

"If you ladies don't mind, there are other vacant space around. I can help you drill the ice" Kyuhyun said with an annoyed voice. 

Sungmin looked at them with surprised because he didn't realised too that they were bold enough to sit here even after Kyuhyun had practically told them off! Wow, girls nowadays!!

"Ladies, we come here to fish, not to get acquaintances. And both of us are attached, so you two might want to look elsewhere...." Sungmin said politely. 

"Ohhhh... you two have girlfriends already?" Irene said with disappointment. She glanced at Kyuhyun's finger as he wasn't wearing his gloves, and saw his ring. 

"Let's go Irene, we find someplace else" Wendy got up, quickly folded her seat, and pulled Irene up. "We are sorry to disturb you two" Wendy bowed slightly and pulled Irene along. 

"See, I told you we should just go!" Wendy was grumbling at Irene. 

"But they are such a good catch! The guy next to me is so handsome and tall! Just my type!" Irene said dreamily. 

"Yeah well, they are taken, what can you do!!" Wendy said. 

After they nearly reached the end of the lake, suddenly Irene slipped and fell, and she screamed. A few people looked at her and one big guy came over. 

"Yo there! You okay?" the big fat guy asked Irene. His friend, also a big guy, walked over too. 

The first big guy lifted Irene up and Irene could smell the bad body smell and the liquor smell. She struggled to come down but the big guy held on to her. 

"Ohmygod, put me down!" Irene struggled again to get down. 

"Are you two free, if yes then let's join us for another round of drinks" the big guy laughed and winked at his friend, and the friend put his arm around Wendy and dragged her along! The two ladies really regretted coming to this fishing festival! 

From far, Kyuhyun turned back his attention to their fishing. "If that short-haired girl make a move at you just now, I will dragged her away like that big guy too!" 

Sungmin laughed. "So the safest way for these people who wouldn't know how to mind their own business is, to tell them that we are attached, right on their face. I'm happy that they finally got it, just that they would never have guess that we are attached to each other!" he laughed again. 

"Yeah well, thanks to you that they finally mind their own business. It's a good thing that we have our rings" Kyuhyun smile, admiring his ring. 

Sungmin felt his rod got caught again "Heyyy I got something!!!" and he rolled up his rod excitedly again! It was a much bigger fish and heavier!! 

"Wow!! That's the biggest one so far!! Think all the fishes love you!" Kyuhyun laughed because so far, Sungmin got more fishes than him! 
They laughed and took photos and soon, the two girls were forgotten! 

They eventually decided to end their fishing adventure as it was getting colder and starting to snow heavily. 

"Let's pack lunch at the cafeteria? Once we are back at the villa, I will clean and grill these fishes for our side dish!" Sungmin said, tapping their container of fishes. 

"Woohoo!! That's one thing good of having a partner who can cook!!!" Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Sungmin as they walked towards the cafeteria. 

Sungmin nudged Kyuhyun and gestured to one corner of the cafeteria. Kyuhyun turned to look and saw the two girls were now with two big guys, drinking away but looking very unhappy. 

"Wow seriously? Means those two girls were just after guys for a drink?" Kyuhyun shooked his head.

"Anyway, it's not our business. It's good that we managed to shoo them away" Sungmin said. "But by the way they talk, seemed like they are also from Seoul. Maybe they are here just to have some fun!" 

"Maybe. And if somebody like that comes for an interview at my office, I will definitely reject her!" Kyuhyun said disapprovingly. 

"You are so dramatic!" Sungmin laughed. "You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, you know..." 

"I don't like that kind of behavior who are only after guys for the sake of their own enjoyment..." Kyuhyun said disapprovingly. He shooked his head again and said "Anyway, like what you said, it's none of our business. Let's get our lunch..." 

They stepped towards several food stalls to checked out the menu. They decided what to order, and paid, and stood one side to wait for their food. 

They were talking about their fishes when the long-haired girl suddenly, out of nowhere, appeared in front of them and hugged Kyuhyun! 

"What the....!" Kyuhyun stepped back and pushed the girl away. Sungmin was equally surprised and just stared at her! 

"Help us! That two bullies just want our money for their drinks. Just pretend that you are our brothers and drag us away, please?" the girl said, she let go of Kyuhyun unwillingly. 

Kyuhyun was by now became super annoyed "Look lady, we don't want any trouble and we don't want to mind your business. We are here to have some fun and so far you have been disturbing us!!" 

"Please help us. I.. I.. promise we won't disturb you anymore. Just buy food for us, and rescue my friend Wendy, and pretend to have found us and take us away. Please pretend to be my brother. Please.. ? I'm Irene, by the way... " 

"Kyu..." Sungmin made a facial gesture to Kyuhyun to just help them this once. 

Kyuhyun sighed and walked over to the food stall again to order 2 more packs, and paid. 

Once their food were ready, they walked over to the corner table and Sungmin signalled to Kyuhyun that he would handle this. 

"Wendy! What are you doing sitting here? We've been looking all over for you! Let's go, we packed food already" Sungmin said in an elder-brother-kind-of-tone. 

Wendy was surprised and looked up at Irene. Irene signalled to her to pretend so that they could get away. 

"Ohh oppa, where were you? We couldn't find you just now.... and ohh great, you buy food for us! And Irene! You found the toilet and you found our brothers!!" and then she turned to the two big guys and said while getting up "Sorry, we have to go. Do enjoy your drinks..." 

"Wait! Not so fast!" the first big guy looked at Kyuhyun and Sungmin "Why don't you brothers join us too. Let's have a drink together!" he laughed and winked at his friend who laughed too. 

Bravely, Sungmin bend down and whispered something in the first guy's ear. The first guy gulped and said "Ohhhhh... okay.. okay, you.. you... better go.." and looked worriedly at his friend. 

Wendy stepped towards Sungmin and hooked her arm around his and said "Thank you oppa. Let's go!" 

They walked out of the cafeteria and Kyuhyun led them towards his car. He turned to Sungmin "What did you tell those jerks??" 

"I told them that our father is the head of police department in this area and can put them in the jail anytime..." Sungmin said with a straight face. 

Kyuhyun broke into a laughter, followed by the two girls.  Sungmin laughed too, and opened Kyuhyun's car boot. 

"Wow, you are so smart!! Thank you oppa for rescuing me and Irene!" Wendy bowed a little at Sungmin, who was keeping the container of fishes in Kyuhyun's car boot. 

"You are welcome!" Sungmin said without smiling. 

Kyuhyun passed 2 packs of food to Irene "Get in the car, I drop you two somewhere" he gestured towards his car and the two girls quickly obliged. 

"Where is your accommodation?" Kyuhyun glanced at the back seat, ready to input into his GPS. 

"At Hwacheon 632" Irene bend forward to show Kyuhyun the namecard of their accomodation. She purposely leaned as close as possible to Kyuhyun. Then she asked "Oppa, where are you two staying?" 

Kyuhyun started his car, reversed and drove out of the carpark. "We are staying at a villa" Kyuhyun said while checking his GPS as to where he should make a turn. 

"Ohhh really? Must be a nice place!!" Wendy asked excitedly. 

It was Sungmin who answered her "Yeah it is". 

"Can we take a look at your villa??" Irene asked excitedly. 

"No!!!!" both Kyuhyun and Sungmin said unanimously together!!