Couple rings

Tenant


Kyuhyun stared at their couple rings, smiling with satisfaction. It was a Jeulia Stylish adjustable Sterling Silver couple rings. These captivating couple rings represent a lifetime of love. It features a classic styling men's band and originally the other one was a women's band adorned with round stones that complements any taste and style. But as he needed both of it to be a male version, he had requested the boutique to incorporate the women's band as a male band for the 2nd ring. Their names had been engraved on the inside of each ring too.

He had booked Conrad Seoul and was happy that he has gotten a confirmation that the room would be facing Han River and Mapo Bridge, after he folked up additional fee due to new year's high demand. 

He applied leave and continued doing his work. While checking his email, he got a notification from his boss that his leave application was on hold because it clashed with Siwon's leave. "What the hell?!! Why is Siwon taking leave on the same period?!!" he grumbled to himself. 

As team leaders, both Kyuhyun and Siwon should not go on leave together as they need to cover each other's duties. He called Siwon but Siwon did not pick up. A minute later he got a message from Siwon saying that he would call Kyuhyun back later as he was in a meeting at a client's office. Kyuhyun sighed and folded his arms while leaning back on his chair. 

"What's wrong? Sungmin-ssi rejected your plan??" Ryeowook turned his chair facing Kyuhyun when he heard Kyuhyun's sighed. 

"No... It's my leave application. Boss put it on hold because Siwon applied on the same period". 

"Ohhhh. I wonder why...". He stood up and gestured for Hyukjae to come over. "Hyuk, you know why Siwon applied for leave during the new year?" 

"What? Donghae applied leave around that period too! He told me he got some family matters to take care..." Hyukjae beginning to doubt his own relationship but dared not think that his boyfriend would betray him to be with Siwon. 

"Are you implying that Hae might want to spend time with Siwon??" Wook said with surprise, causing Hyukjae to start to feel stress. 

"Wait wait wait, don't jump to conclusion. I haven't get any reply from Siwon yet. Maybe their leave are not related" Kyuhyun said, trying to calm Hyukjae. 

"I think they might be spending time together because Hae was praising Siwon a lot lately. There was once we got into an  argument about staying together and Hae was saying that I wanted to put pressure in our relationship, and that I always do things without proper planning. He told me to be like Siwon, always calm and plan his time very well" Hyukjae now leaned sadly against Kyuhyun's desk. 

"Hyuk, let me get some answers from Siwon first. In the meantime, maybe you try to text Hae? Find out what was that family matters all about? You will know whether the family matters are true from his answers. I don't think Hae betrayed you coz you two are so in love" Kyuhyun said, trying to calm Hyukjae again, while checking his messages in case Siwon send any. 

"Tell you what Hyuk, since Kyu would be coming back to office on 3rd Jan, why don't you propose to Hae that you will apply leave on the 3rd Jan onwards and that you will join and spend time with him and his family? See what he will react..." Ryeowook suggested. 

Hyukjae sighed and nodded and was about to say something when Kyuhyun's phone rang. Kyuhyun gestured them to keep quiet and mouthed that the caller was Siwon. 

"Hey bro. Sorry that I disturb you just now during your meeting" Kyuhyun started talking. Then he continued "It's regarding our leave. It clashed and you know boss always want either one of us to be around. Any chance for you to reschedule? I'm back on 3rd Jan.." Kyuhyun said, hoping that Siwon would give a favourable reply. 

Kyuhyun listened attentively and glance at both Hyukjae and Ryeowook. 

"I see, you are okay to change to 3rd Jan to 5th Jan? Your family's villa is still available? Ohh that's great. But do you need to discuss with your family first? Ohh not with your family?" Kyuhyun glanced at his two friends again. 

"You need to talk things out with Donghae? Ahh I see, but bro, ermmmm, you know that Hae is with Hyuk right? I don't think that you should...." Kyuhyun stopped mid-sentence, apparently Siwon must have cut him. 

"Ohhhh I see. Ok then. And thank you for agreeing to reschedule your leave.. yup ok see you in the office later" and Kyuhyun off the line. He looked up to Hyukjae who was waiting to know what was going on. Ryeowook rolled his seat over to Kyuhyun's desk too. 

"Hyuk...." Kyuhyun started. 

"Tell me, what did he say?" Hyukjae sounded like he was about to cry. 

"He said Donghae seemed to be too stress lately and confided in him about you suggesting to move in together. So Siwon was thinking to bring him to his villa to clear his mind and have a short break. He's planning to take Hae to fish at the lake near his villa. That was all" Kyuhyun said, and continued "Hyuk, Hae is faithful to you, but you shouldn't force him to stay together. Maybe he is not ready yet to move to that phase". 

Hyukjae gave a little sniff. "I just thought that we could be like you and Sungmin. You two stayed together and he cooked for you and  you two do everything together and easier to discuss things... " Hyukjae said, looking at Kyuhyun solemnly. 

"But my situation is different. Sungmin was originally my tenant. We practically already staying together even before we started our relationship. If Hae is not ready to move in with you, then like I said, you shouldn't force him" 

"At least he should let me know that he feels that way, instead of confided with another person" Hyukjae looked down sadly. 

Ryeowook got up and patted his shoulder. "Sometimes it is good to talk to another person to get some opinion. Maybe he scared to tell you the truth that he was not ready, that's why he said he'll be away for family matters... Give him some space..." 

"But, they will be spending time together, alone in that villa..." Hyukjae clenched his fist. 

"Heyy calm down. Don't you trust Hae?" Kyuhyun said calmly. 

"I do but...." 

"Like what Wook said, give him some space. He will return to you after he has sorted out his mind, don't worry" 

Hyukjae took a deep breath and said "I guess both of you are right. Thanks Kyu, else I didn't know about this" Hyukjae seemed to calm down a lot now. He continued "So looks like your leave application will be approved". 

"Yeah, I hope so!! Hopefully Siwon rescheduled his leave now, so that boss can approve mine. I can't wait to finalise everything" Kyuhyun said, smiling. "Alright, we meet for lunch later? Want to have Japanese noodles?" Kyuhyun asked, raising his eye brows. 

Both Hyukjae and Ryeowook gave their thumbs up and returned to their seats. When his application was approved, he gave a "yes!" and texted Siwon his thanks. Siwon said he has already let Donghae know and Donghae would reschedule his leave too. Kyuhyun texted his thanks again. 

"Kyu, you were saying we'll be staying in a hotel to celebrate new year? Why? We can just celebrate at home.." Sungmin asked Kyuhyun in the morning on 31st December after he got back from work. He has applied leave from tonight till 3rd Jan. He saw that Kyuhyun had packed their bags for a 3 days 2 night stay. 

"It's no fun to celebrate at home. And it's your birthday..." Kyuhyun smile and gave Sungmin a quick kiss. "Go and have your shower. I'll do the laundry, then we can go for lunch and then check-in at the hotel".

"Which hotel?" Sungmin shouted from inside their bedroom. He changed to his bathrobe and placed his jeans and sweater into the laundry bag that Kyuhyun was holding. 

"Secret.." 

Sungmin looked at him questioningly. 

"Just have you shower. You'll know later.. " Kyuhyun winked at him. He turned and walked towards his laundry area and put their laundry in the machine and started the cycle. He walked back to their bags and checked to confirm that his ring box was hidden in an inside pocket of his bag, in case Sungmin unpack his bag later in the hotel.

They checked-in and Sungmin was amazed at the view from their room's balcony. Earlier when Kyuhyun drove into Conrad hotel's carpark, he was already surprised that Kyuhyun had booked Conrad Seoul. Now standing at their high-rise room's balcony, he wistle at the view and took out his phone to snap a photo. "Kyu... the view is fantastic!! We can see the fireworks from here!!" Sungmin called out to Kyuhyun excitedly from the balcony. Of course, he didn't know that watching the fireworks was all part of Kyuhyun's plan. 

Kyuhyun came out to the balcony and hugged Sungmin from behind.
"Nice view right? I choose Conrad because of it's location near the Mapo bridge" and he kissed Sungmin on his cheek. 

"Let's take a selfie with Han River and the Mapo bridge behind us!!" Sungmin turned around excitedly and pull Kyuhyun to stand next to him. 

Kyuhyun laughed "Ok, let me do it, my hand is longer!" and they took several selfies together at different angle to satisfy Sungmin. 

Their room was very spacious, there was a sofa set, fridge, kitchenette, walk-in wardrobe and large bathroom. Sungmin took a video and wondered how much Kyuhyun had paid for this as everything spelled luxurious. He should chip in to share the cost, but anyway, Kyuhyun earned a much higher income than him, and maybe it was due to his birthday so... well... he better not ask him.

While Sungmin was busy taking video, Kyuhyun took this opportunity to walk out to the balcony to call the hotel's bakery cafe about the birthday cake that he has pre-ordered. Once he has confirmed the time the cake would be delivered to the room, he took a deep breath and smile. He has also pre-ordered a bottle of red wine and 2 glasses from the hotel's room service. So all set!! 

"Kyu, look at this!! They had a welcome gift for us!!" Sungmin said excitedly while showing Kyuhyun a box of expensive chocolates that he found on the study table. "It's so yummy!! Come, I feed you" Sungmin held a dark chocolate, ready to feed him. 

Kyuhyun laughed while opening his mouth and then purposely bite Sungmin's finger. Sungmin "tsk" at him and then popped another chocolate into his mouth. "Min, you are like a tourist!" Kyuhyun laughed pulling his waist to sit next to him on the sofa. 

Sungmin pouted at him. "I've never been to a high class hotel. I only stayed at a motel once when my school arranged for a trip to Nami Island".

"Ok, want to stroll along the river for a while before the crowd started to come in?" 

"Yes yes, please!! Let me wash my hand then we can go!!" 

"Ok I'll take out our jackets from the bags.." 

They had a wonderful time strolling along the river. It was cold but not breezy. As Sungmin's jacket was light pink and his beanie was pink, people might thought that he was a girl, so nobody bothered that they were holding hands. 

"I love this Kyu, just strolling and holding hands. I feel so carefree and happy" 

Kyuhyun smile at him "I love it too, Min. Let's do this every year? We just spend time together like this.." 

"Yes I love to.. " Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and smile too. 

People started lining up along the river and the place was getting more crowded. They decided to head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. They ordered room service and to serve the food on a round table, so that they can use the room service table to eat near the balcony, overlooking the beautifully lighted bridge. The wine was sent to their room too, with a chiller, and Kyuhyun put the wine and the glasses on the study table. 

"How do you find the food? Is it ok?" Kyuhyun asked, since Sungmin was quiet. He scared that the food was not to Sungmin's liking. 

Sungmin was actually very busy munching. This was one of the nicest meal he ever had! The beef was tender, the Mexican wings were very tasty, and even their dessert was excellent. "Sorry Kyu, I was enjoying the food. These are all very delicious!! Can we ordered these again tomorrow?" 

Kyuhyun laughed and reached over to wipe Sungmin's mouth. "Yes, of course we can. Maybe I'll order something else for me so that you can try mine too". 

"Ohh that's a great idea Kyu!" Sungmin cut his last meat and his face showed satisfaction! "Let me share the cost, I'm sure you spend a lot on all these.." 

"No, I want you to enjoy your birthday. Take it that it's part of your birthday present" Kyuhyun smile happily at him. He felt so happy that his boyfriend is enjoying himself. Worth all the money spent!! "Ok if you have finished, I'll push it outside and call the room service to take it away. Why not we pull the sofa set to the balcony doorway, so that we can sit and enjoy the fireworks?" 

"Yes, that's lovely!" Sungmin clapped his hands and got up to wash his hands and then helped Kyuhyun to cover the plates. 

Kyuhyun pushed the table out and then together with Sungmin, pulled the sofa set towards the balcony doorway. He carried a small table and put the wine on it, and placed it near them. He also took the ring box and put it in his pocket, then joined Sungmin on the sofa. 

The Mapo bridge was beautiful with continuous sprouting of water display in various colors. Sungmin snuggled into Kyuhyun's arm as the night was getting cold. They wore their winter jackets but they could still feel the cold. Kyuhyun moved the TV nearer to them and switch it on for the live broadcast of award show and the new year's countdown. 

The doorbell rang and Sungmin thought that it was the room service taking away the food table. Kyuhyun got up to open the door since he knew it was the birthday cake! He quickly lighted up the candles, and walked towards Sungmin singing Happy Birthday. 

Sungmin was surprised and stood up, closing his mouth with his hand. "Ohmygod Kyu..." 

"Happy birthday my love. Make a wish and blow the candle! Then we can pop the champagne" Kyuhyun put the cake on the small table and took out his phone to take a video when Sungmin made a wish and then blew the candles. 

"Thank you, Kyu! This is the best birthday celebration for me!" 

Kyuhyun off his recording, reached over to give him a kiss when the fireworks started. He then took out the ring box and placed it on Sungmin's hand. 

Sungmin looked up at him and opened the box. He gasp to see a pair of beautiful couple rings. Kyuhyun took out the smaller ring and took Sungmin's ring finger. 

"I love you Sungmin. Will you stay with me forever?" 

Sungmin's tears started flowing down and he hugged Kyuhyun "I love you Kyuhyun and yes, I will stay with you as long as I live". He then took out the bigger ring and put it on Kyuhyun's ring finger. 

Kyuhyun poured the wine and the toast for their future together. It was a Trio Merlot and was very tasty as it was a combination of dark fruit, chocolate, and with tobacco aromas.  They both enjoyed the taste and continued to enjoy the fireworks in each others arms. 

Before long, Kyuhyun heard a steady breathing and looked down to see that Sungmin has fallen asleep! He chuckled "This adorable birthday boy..." and kissed his head. He realised that Sungmin hasn't gotten any sleep ever since he came back from his shift this morning. 

Carefully, Kyuhyun got up and carried Sungmin to the bed, and covered him with blanket. He kissed his forehead and lips, and smile and sighed to himself "so much for a romantic night with the birthday boy!..."

​​​​​​