Their very own villa

Tenant

 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were back at work after their holidays. In between his calls, Sungmin smile recalling their stay at that beautiful villa. He couldn't wait to stay there again. 

It was fun, and Sungmin giggled when he recalled that day when they helped the two girls, Kyuhyun had literally dropped them off at Hwacheon 632 and he just drove off without turning back! The two girls must be really disappointed. Haha.

His mobile phone rang, and he smile happily seeing the caller was Kyuhyun "Heyyy Kyu, have you had your dinner?"

"Just finished! Delicious as always! I had a chat with Siwon just now..."

"Ohh, what about?"

"About the villa, like how much was it when his family bought it, and about the houses and apartments around that area in general"

"Kyu, you are seriously considering to buy a property there??"

"I am! For us! To go for a break anytime we want, and to rent it out if we don't use it. In fact I'm calling you to suggest that we open a joint account and start savings. You are working in a Bank, so which account is the best? Fixed deposit or savings?"

"Of course fixed deposit is better but we can't take any money out for the 1st two years"

"I don't intend to withdraw from there. Only about 5 years later? If we can save enough?"

"Wow, you are really ambitious and think ahead!"

"Haha, it's a good plan, right?"

"Yeah it is. Tell you what, I'll find out more about the deposit accounts, like which one gives the best rates, and we can decide from there"

"Sounds good! Thanks, Min. I love you!" Kyuhyun gave a kiss sound.

Sungmin chuckled "Love you too! Bye..."

Sungmin smile. Kyuhyun is really something! He never waste anything. Previously he rented out a room which Sungmin has stayed but now that they are a couple, they slept in the same room.

Since he didn't received any urgent calls, Sungmin started checking out the interest rate for different types of savings account that his Woori Bank offered. He printed them out for ease of making comparisons and he also found out that bank staff has better interest rate as compared to public, which was offered by their HR team, as part of banking privileges for staff. Sungmin printed all these to show Kyuhyun. 

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon and it was raining. Kyuhyun was looking through all the printouts from Sungmin, and also the printouts for the property in Hwacheon that he has printed them out in his office. Sungmin made hot tea for both of them and sat opposite Kyuhyun. 

"The properties in Hwacheon are around 1.5million KRW. If we divide by 5 years, then by 12 months, means we have to save about 25,000 KRW every month...." Kyuhyun whistled. 

"But divide by two, so each of us need to put in about 12,500 KRW per month" Sungmin calculated. "I think it's achievable". 

"I can put in 13,000Won, and you put in 12,000Won" 

"Why...?" Sungmin asked confusedly. 

"I earn more than you so I should contribute more..." Kyuhyun gave the reason according to his logic. 

Sungmin chuckled "I have my night shift allowance, so I think I have no problem putting in 12,500Won. You can still put in 13,000Won if you want" Sungmin smile, raising his eyebrows. 

Kyuhyun laughed "Alright, 13,000Won for me then. When is your next off day?" 

"This coming Thursday. But you are working, if you are thinking to open our joint account" 

"I can apply morning leave. I meet you at your Woori bank branch, and we open a joint fixed deposit account?" 

"We can have breakfast first since the branch counter is only open at 9am"

"Ahhh I see. Okay, I meet you at 7.30am at our usual cafe then?" 

"Yup okay!" Sungmin smile. Now he really felt like they are 100% real couple. Wearing couple rings, couple watch, staying together, do things together if they have the chance, and now, having a joint account for their future together. 

So they did opened the joint account and have been diligently setting aside their salaries into this account. Kyuhyun even dumped half of his bonuses into this account, but he never force Sungmin to follow suit, knowing that Sungmin still need to help his family. 

Years passed....

It was a beautiful autumn day when they finally could stand proudly in front of a villa that they had purchased and had just completed the renovation and landscaping.  It was a villa that they could finally call their own! 

The villa, though smaller in size compared to Siwon's villa, has beautiful lawn and mini garden, with fruit trees and beautiful scrubs surrounding it. 

It was a two storey, corner villa, overlooking the tip of Hwacheon lake and from the master bedroom window, they could see the mountains over the horizon. 

Now standing outside their gate, Kyuhyun felt so proud "It's really beautiful Min. Thank you for supervising the landscape. Planting fruit trees are a great idea since they will bear fruits during spring and summer!!" Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin.

"But we need to come back during spring or summer to see the fruits!" 

"Of course we will. Let's come back here every season! Finally, the villa is completed and is ours!!!" Kyuhyun laughed and they both opened the gate and stepped into the lawn. 

They breath in the fresh air and admire their new villa. This was their hard work! This was their blood and sweat! They have been going to and fro from Seoul to Hwacheon just to settle the purchase and renovation.  During their last visit, they had taken photos to ensure that the renovation was according to their finalised design. 

And they showed these pictures of their villa proudly to their colleagues and friends. And to their surprised, they have already secured 5 rental requests!! Ryeowook was the first one to make his reservation, and he was dancing for joy as he managed to beat Hyukjae to it, followed by Hyukjae of course, then Sungmin's colleague Sunny, and then Kangin, and even Kyuhyun's ex-housemate Changmin, who kept pestering Kyuhyun to slot his reservation first! Of which Kyuhyun turned him down flatly saying Changmin has to wait in line! 

For this trip to their villa, Kyuhyun went to a supermarket last night to get cereals, beverages, dried fruits, titbits, and biscuits to stock up at the villa, and on his way to pick Sungmin up this morning at his workplace, he dropped by their favourite cafe to buy breakfast for the two of them. 

They were now lounge-ing on their veranda which can be accessed from their living room. The veranda has been equipped with a barbecue pit, and long table and benches at one side. At the other side, they have 2 lazy chairs too, which they were relaxing now, sipping their hot coffee. 

"I'm so happy and contented Kyu! All thanks to you who make this dream possible!" 

"Why are you thanking me, it's our hard work, both of us" 

"Yes, but if it wasn't your idea to opened a joint account and saved up, we wouldn't enjoy having this villa!" 

Kyuhyun reached over to hold Sungmin's hand. "I want this to be our home next time when we retire. Just enjoying life together and do everything together"

Sungmin smile and nodded "Yes, let's do that! I love you, Cho Kyuhyun" 

Kyuhyun bend over to kiss him "I love you too, Min. My ex-tenant, my housemate, my boyfriend, my soulmate, and my other half" Kyuhyun smile, and added "Let's grow old together" and kissed him again.

It was a really beautiful day indeed, at Hwacheon. 

- The end -