The tenant

Tenant

Flights from Jeju were all delayed and some were cancelled due to bad weather. Kyuhyun became anxious as he had promised his tenant to pick her up and the next available flight was at 8pm, and luckily their company managed to reserve seats for all of them.

He use his kakao to message his tenant. "Hi, our flight is delayed and the next available flight is at 8pm. In case I am late would you be able to wait?"

He waited anxiously for the reply, but there wasn't any. Maybe she hasn't see her phone yet, Kyuhyun thought.

"Heyy Kyu, want to grab some food? I'm hungry" Hyukjae nudged him from the seat next to him.

"I want I want" Ryeowook's head appeared from the seat next to Hyukjae. He stood up and pull Kyuhyun's hand. "Let's go. There's a Cafe Bene at that corner.

Kyuhyun told another colleague to look after their bags and went with the two idiots as he didn't have a choice since Ryeowook was pulling him. They got a corner table and Ryeowook told them which food he would like. Kyuhyun said sarcastically "We will order for you, Your Highness, please make yourself comfortable".

Ryeowook smile "Thank you, my slave, please go that way to the counter" and showed the way with his hand. Hyukjae slapped his head and Ryeowook said "Ouch...." and walked past him to go to the counter with Kyuhyun.

They ate their sandwiches while talking about the weather. Kyuhyun checked his kakao again but still no reply. He became worried as the heavy storm might caused some accidents along the highway. 

"Anything wrong? You are quiet since just now" Hyukjae asked Kyuhyun in between his bites. 

"I messaged my tenant but she never reply. This heavy storm hit the whole of a korean peninsula, so it should be the same condition back at her hometown. I just hope that her coach is okay and reached  Seoul safely".

"Wow, you are worried about your tenant!!" Ryeowook . 

"I mean, who wouldn't coz the bus coach will use highway most of the time and thunder storms are the coaches' greatest enemy".

"Do you have feelings for your tenant??" 

"Wook, we never met, how can I have feelings for her. I am just concern for her safety. That's all" 

"Yeah yeah..." 

Just then, his phone buzzed. His tenant replied!!!! He smile while clicking to read the message. Hyukjae and Ryeowook looked at each other and Ryeowook tried to peek at Kyuhyun’s phone. Kyuhyun moved towards the wall and pushed Ryeowook away from him with his other hand. 

"I'm sorry I fell asleep just now. I'll be late too I think because the news said right now there is a massive jam at the highway due to some accident. I'm still at home though and the news said vehicles are not even moving at the highway.  That's bad, right. Anyway, how's the weather there in Jeju? It's bad thunder storm here". 

"Same here, that's why most flights were delayed. Once I've reached home, I'll drive my car to fetch you, ok" 

"Ok. It's at Express bus terminal at  Exit 3 of Seoul Station. You don't have to rush. I can wait, don't worry. Or if you reach there early, there are some seats and I'll message you once my bus is reaching the station".

"Alright, see you later" 

"Have a safe flight back" 

"You two, have a safe journey" 

While Kyuhyun was messaging, Hyukjae and Ryeowook were busy talking about Kyuhyun. 

"I think his tenant is a guy, that's why Kyu is so dumbstruck. I never see him caring for a person this much. Don't you think so?" Hyukjae started talking softly to Ryeowook. 

"Hmmm, but which guy will love pink for everything? I mean I am nothing against that colour, but it's more on the feminine side. If his tenant is really a girl, then what? Means our friend here is definitely straight" Ryeowook replied softly too. 

"Maybe she's a tomboy!" Hyukjae was thinking hard. But tomboy or not, if that person is a girl, it's still strange if Kyuhyun fall for her since Kyuhyun had declared openly that he preferred men.

"Nah, don't think so. But maybe you are right. It's a guy but more on the feminine side, since he cooks too" Ryeowook was nodding his head. 

By then, Kyuhyun had just put down his phone. "What did I miss? Who are you talking about?" 

"You" both Hyukjae and Ryeowook answered him at the same time. 

"Me? You two were gossiping about me in front of me??!!!" 

"We were not gossiping, we were just talking about you and your tenant" Hyukjae corrected him. 

"What about my tenant?" 

"That your tenant might be a guy. Because you are so caring towards that person!" Ryeowook said, with a tinge of jealousy. 

"As I said, I'm just being nice as a landlord" Kyuhyun finished his sandwich and drank his coke. "But even if my tenant is a guy, I will still fetch him as it's quite late by the time the bus reached Seoul". 

"Are you sure you haven't meet each other yet? You sound as if you have known your tenant for ages" Hyukjae asked as he recalled that Kyuhyun looked anxious when the flight delay was announced earlier. 

"We really haven't meet each other yet and I have no idea how my tenant looks like" Kyuhyun swear, and continued "Anyway, let's go. I heard there are some announcements". 

Their flight finally took off at 8.15 pm and they were relieved that they could all board despite the long queues of waiting. Their managing director had earlier declared a day off for all the staff due to the flight delay and also due to the successful team bonding session. It was a good news to Kyuhyun as he knew for sure he would sleep late after fetching his tenant. 

Kyuhyun reached Seoul Station early and after parking his car, went up towards the express bus section. It was raining heavily and he was glad that he has decided to fetch his tenant because surely his tenant would find difficulties to get a cab at this weather. 

He started reading his emails after he got a seat near Exit 3. Surprisingly, it was quite crowded at this time of the night, maybe just like him, people were waiting for their family from the express busses. 

"Cho Kyuhyun-ssi? Surprised to see you here!" 

Kyuhyun looked up and was surprised to see the customer service officer, Lee Sungmin, was standing opposite him, smiling beautifully with his slightly ruffled blond hair. 

"Ohhh Lee Sungmin-ssi! How are you? Ohh you just arrived too? Were you taking the express bus?" 

"Yeah, I just arrived. There was a slight traffic jam at the highway but luckily, it was almost cleared so my express bus was late for about 15 minutes only" Sungmin said and put down his haversack and his hand carry items. 

"Hmm... have you arrange for a transport back? It's extremely heavy rain out there". 

"I'm waiting for someone..." Sungmin said looking around and noticed that they are actually opposite Exit 3. Strange, his landlord should be around here already. "How about you..?" 

"I'm waiting for my tenant, who should be here soon..." Kyuhyun said, looking at his watch. 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun. Suddenly it dawn on Sungmin who Kyuhyun was. Cho KH, Cho Kyuhyun!. He closed his mouth and said "Ohmygod, Kyuhyun-ssi, you are my landlord??!!!!" 

Kyuhyun stood up and looked at Sungmin with a  surprised expression "You are my tenant??? SM Lee?? Sungmin Lee" 

They both laughed, and Sungmin said "Ohmygod, I never expect that my landlord is you!" 

"And I thought... my tenant is a girl!!! Coz you always use pink stuff in your room and you are a good cook!! I'm so sorry, I never make an effort to meet you at home" 

"Hahaha, I like pink and I love to cook. I guess it's for survival and to cut cost. Have you been waiting long? I'm sorry the bus was a bit late."

"It's okay. Let's go, I think we have a lot to catch up. Let me help with your stuff. My car is at the basement car park" Kyuhyun smile while started to carry Sungmin's hand carry items. 

"Thank you" Sungmin carried his haversack and started walking with Kyuhyun. "Isn't it funny, I thought that my landlord is an elderly man, but it turn out that you are so young!" Sungmin laughed. Somehow he was glad that his landlord is Kyuhyun, for whatever reason that he couldn't comprehend now. 

"Hahaha, why did you think that I'm an elderly?.." 

"Sorry" Sungmin said shyly "It's because I saw your attire were mostly grey, beige, dark blue and white, that's why I concluded......" he looked apologetic. 

Kyuhyun laughed "My sister told me the same thing. She said I dressed like grandpa!" 

They both laughed and Kyuhyun pointed to his car and helped Sungmin to put his bag and hand carry stuff in the boot. He opened his passenger door for Sungmin. 

"Ohh thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi" 

"Just call me Kyuhyun or Kyu" Kyuhyun said after seated at the driver seat and started his engine. 

"I think it's more appropriate for me to address you politely. You are my landlord" Sungmin said honestly. 

"So, I'm asking you to be casual, as your landlord. I think it's about time we live at ease with each other" 

"Hmmm..... okayyyy" Sungmin was still unsure whether he should address his landlord casually but he let it pass. He looked out the window instead. The rain was still heavy and it seemed like it would go on till morning. He was glad that he only start work on a Tuesday night.  He remembered about what he had promised his father that he needed to bring home his boyfriend in two weeks time. 

They had reached their apartment and were in the lift. While opening his door, Kyuhyun asked. "Oh yes, how's your father? I hope he's better" 

Sungmin put his stuff on the dining table, and said "He's better, thank you. But now I have a slight problem" and at Kyuhyun's questioning glance, he told Kyuhyun what happened and about his conversation with his father. They had grab a can of drink and now standing at the kitchen area while talking "Kyuhyun-ssi. Errr I mean Kyuhyun, would it be okay if you pretend to be my boyfriend and go home with me during Chuseok holidays?" 

Kyuhyun got choke and coughed "What??!!"