The Celestial Court

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is it you all want?" Song Ji Hyo strolled up to the other Gods, not a fiber of respect in her voice.

"You've been following this human around for a week... Why is that?" The God of Fire narrowed his eyes at her.

"Stalking me again? Why can't I protect humans, isn't that what we do?" The Goddess of Luck rolled her eyes.

"Yes, that's what we do. But you've hardly ever shown interest in bestowing luck upon humans. And you can protect people by giving them a luck charm, why follow him around?" The King of the Underworld retorted.

"Sometimes I'm nice! And it's interesting to see the effects of my power... Would you like to taste it yourself?" The Goddess of Luck was feeling impatient by now. Her thinly-veiled threat caused the other Gods to shudder.

"Dismissed..."

"Thank you!" Song Ji Hyo bowed exaggeratedly, walking off in a huff. But she remembered something, and turned back once more.

"Remind that Weather God to stop harassing me for ual favors!" Then she vanished and went back to earth.

The other Gods sighed.

But why was the Celestial Court so bothered about the affairs of the Goddess of Luck?

Gods could gain temporary powers from mating with other Gods. For Example, if the God of Dragons slept with the God of Fire, the God of Fire would be able to temporarily control Dragons, and vice versa.

Goddess of Luck, Song Ji Hyo was very highly sought after. The entire Celestial Court wanted a taste of her power, but no God had ever succeeded.

Song Ji Hyo had even been in intimate contact with humans, (mostly to spite other Gods) but never with another God.

It was not unheard of for a God to sleep with a human, but that a God would rather sleep with a human than other Gods incited some anger and jealousy.

But more on that later, because the half-immortal Song Ji Hyo was protecting has just arrived back at his master's home.

"Guys! I did it, I'm half an immortal now!" Unlike what he expected, no one clapped or cheered. Rather, everyone looked like they had just seen a ghost.

"But Master Yoo predicted that you died..." Ha Dong Hoon, who was mopping the floor, shakily gestured to the room where Master Yoo was resting.

"Kook Jong, you're alive?" Master Yoo had shock and relief mixed on his face.

"Of course I am, didn't you tell me before I left that it was a safe day to complete the last stage?"

Jong Kook was actually quite surprised when he first saw the demon attacking him, as Master Yoo's predictions were usually accurate and Jong Kook regarded him as the wisest man he knew.

"At first, yes. But an unknown force turned up at the mountain, whether it was evil or good I couldn't determine. That only got me slightly worried, until I saw the demons surrounding the area, and realized too late that you have a scent that draws in demons..."

Master Yoo was blaming himself that time; he had taught his disciples to combat demons, but he never foresaw that Jong Kook would be so attractive to demons. There were too many approaching, and he had mentally prepared everyone to mourn his beloved disciple. Was Kim Jong Kook more powerful than he thought?

"An unknown force? Master, I have to tell you about what I saw, it might be why I survived."

If he wasn't hallucinating, Song Ji Hyo was definitely what kept him safe. He hoped Master Yoo could tell him more about her.

"Tell me everything."

"It was all going fine, until I was ambushed by this demon. I tried to fight, but he was too strong. He was about to eat me... Until..."

"Until?"

"She appeared. She called out the demon's name, like it was a pest to her. Then a hellhound took the demon, and she laughed, walking away."

"And then?"

"I grabbed her hand, and I asked her for her name."

"Did she-"

"Song Ji Hyo."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter