Reunion

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo was tapping the ground with her foot impatiently. She tried to distract herself by planning what to do when she saw Jong Kook again.

Should she kiss him? She looked at the Goddess of Mercy and Death next to her. Whether she felt like displaying such affection in front of them made her reconsider.

She heard a low rumbling and Death opened the entrance to hell, from which the Mother of the Yellow Earth emerged with Jong Kook.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo's minds went blank as they instinctively pulled each other into a tight protective hug, hearts racing from overwhelming emotions.

They finally pulled apart and Ji Hyo almost declared war again when she took in the state of Jong Kook's injuries.

"Yah! Who did this to you?" Her eyes felt blurry as tears threatened to fall.

"Don't worry about me, you shouldn't cry-" Jong Kook tried to pull her in for another hug, only to get lectured.

"Don't worry about you? How can I not worry! We have to get you cleaned up..."

They were interrupted by a throat clearing from the Goddess of Mercy.

"I think you two need some time to yourselves, but we need to meet later. Is a few hours enough?"

Ji Hyo nodded before she teleported away with Jong Kook. Was it important? Ji Hyo decided to tend to Jong Kook before seeing the Goddess of Mercy.

They arrived next to a clear, gentle stream. It had healing properties that could speed up Jong Kook's recovery, although that was unnecessary due to Ji Hyo's powers.

Upon closer examination, Jong Kook seemed even worse. His shins seemed to have a few layers of skin shaved off, while his knees were scraped; his arms and hands had a few cuts and bleeds here and there, and dirt on his body threatened to infect his injuries. It made Ji Hyo's heart swell in pain as she began scooping water from the stream and healing her man.

Cool liquid ran down Jong Kook's legs as he felt her heal them. He stared at Ji Hyo's worried face as she concentrated on cleaning his wounds up.

"It really isn't that bad..." He caressed her smooth cheeks to comfort her, liking the soothing touch.

"Not that bad? Look at you! You're covered from head to toe in bruises and dirt- even your lip got cut!"

His lip? As far as he remembered, he only got roughened up because he was dragged along the ground on his legs. He touched his lip and burst out laughing from a sudden realization.

"What's so funny? Did they make you go crazy too?"

"Yah, you're the reason my lip is cut- you kissed me too hard!"

He continued laughing as Ji Hyo blushed. She finished up healing his legs which were now scar-free.

"They didn't do anything too bad right? How did you get this hurt?"

Ji Hyo asked to change the subject while she examined his arms and hands.

"They dragged me to the prison so my legs must have gotten hurt from the floor; maybe I'm too heavy?"

Ji Hyo huffed in response to his attempt to lighten the mood, so Jong Kook decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter