The Heavenly Gates

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo pushed through the Heavenly Gates in anger, wanting to bash up anyone that had been spreading false lies about her being in love with Kim Jong Kook.

"Who was it? If you have the guts to talk behind my back, come say it all face to face!" She yelled in the general vicinity.

Several Deities scurried away, not wanting to feel the wrath of the Goddess. But she heard footsteps approaching her.

"Fine then. We ask you again, why do you keep spying on that half immortal?" It was the God of Fire. Oh boy.

"Why does anyone even care? It's my life!" Song Ji Hyo retorted.

"Because if you were just attracted to him, you would have gotten it over and done with ages ago!" The King of the Underworld chimed in.

They had a big point. If a deity was physically attracted to a human, they would just act on it and be done. Ji Hyo's actions were very suspicious, as she had not done anything physical with Kim Jong Kook, but she spent a lot of time watching him than was normal for a Deity to.

"Well, this human's a tough nut to crack, so what?"

A gentle loving hand caressed the Goddess's shoulder.

"Oh my sweet child, one look at the man's heart and it is easily seen how much he desires you; do not delude yourself!" The Mother of the Yellow Earth said, with a sad shake of her head.

Song Ji Hyo's heart softened, and she could not argue any longer. The Mother of the Yellow Earth genuinely cared about her, unlike some of the others who wanted to stop her from doing what she wanted for their own personal gain.

The Mother of the Yellow Earth did know that the Celestial Court was up to no good. She did not want to see the Goddess of Luck stop herself from loving the half-immortal, but the other Gods would be troublesome.

She shot the Gods a death glare. Although the Mother of the Yellow Earth had weakened slightly over the centuries, she still had some authority left.

"Don't think of the rest of us as incorrigible meddlers, she knows herself why she cannot have anything more than physical attraction for this man." The God of Fire walked away.

"Don't be another Gong De Tian." The King of the Underworld added.

Their words may have came across as a nice friendly reminder or an act of concern, but the Goddess knew otherwise. It was a thinly-veiled threat, just like the one she loved giving them.

The Goddess of Riches was polishing a ruby when she heard angry footsteps of her beloved friend.

"Ji Hyo-ah, care to share?" Soo Jung turned to her hot tempered friend.

"It's those stupid Celestial Court blood- parasites!" Ji Hyo huffed, twisting her robes in tight fists of fury.

Sighing, Soo Jung handed Ji Hyo a bottle of alcohol.

Soon, six empty bottles lay in front of the two, all of which was drunk by Ji Hyo. She ranted angrily while Soo Jung listened, occasionally giving her a gentle pat.

"I mean? Even if they killed all the men in the world, they still wouldn't get a chance wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter