Gong De Tian

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo went back to Kim Jong Kook, who immediately got on his knees and bowed at her feet.

"What are you-"

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me! I was too presumptuous the last-"

Song Ji Hyo pulled the man up to his feet. She didn't want him to bow, and the fact that he thought it was his fault made her feel that her plan to like him less was getting harder to carry out.

"Hey, hey... It's not that, don't blame yourself..." Ji Hyo instinctively hugged the man, and he relaxed in her embrace.

She pulled away from him eventually, although Jong Kook seemed reluctant to let go.

"I think... It's time I explained some things to you." She led Jong Kook to his bed, and sat next to him. He interlocked his fingers with hers, and she didn't have the heart to break apart the hold.

"Here's the thing. I can't fall in love with you."

Jong Kook felt confused, but at the same time his heart ached in a bizarre way.

"I... never asked you to."

"It's not that- I, erm. Ok, I'll just start from the beginning. Do you know who Gong De Tian is?"

Jong Kook nodded. "She was the Goddess of Luck before you."

"Yeah. There's a reason for that. Goddess of Luck Gong De Tian was very different from me. She was loved by the people, and interacted with them often on earth. She granted luck to many people, and all was well."

Not many people knew Song Ji Hyo existed. Gong De Tian was still receiving prayers by the dozen, but she couldn't answer any.

"But then Gong De Tian fell in love with a shepherd she met on earth. Her powers started to fade, and she stopped paying attention to the people as much."

"As some kind of punishment, the King of the Underworld took the shepherd away, and Gong De Tian nearly collapsed. She made a deal with Death to let her search for the man, but she couldn't find him in time. Her name got sealed in the death register, and Gong De Tian got trapped in the Underworld forever."

"For a while, the other Gods were confused; Gong De Tian was the first deity to ever get displaced from her power in this way. Everyone thought there would no longer be the Goddess of Luck-"

"Until you showed up?"

"Yeah." Ji Hyo nodded.

"How... Did that happen?"

"In all honesty, I'm not sure myself. But I know that if I'm not careful, I might end up like her."

That's why Song Ji Hyo made herself unknown amongst the mortals. The less she was like Gong De Tian in nature, the safer she thought she would be.

"Do all Goddesses' powers fade when they fall in love?"

"I don't know. Soo Jung's powers are perfectly fine, but I'm afraid that it's a curse only applied to the Goddess of Luck."

"But why would love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter