The Guardian Of Animals

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why does she keep disappearing!" Jong Kook grumbled to himself, trying to calm his nerves that she had just lit on fire. Because he felt too tense to sleep, he went outside to tend the gardens, hoping to clear his befuddled mind.

Baby's breath was his favorite flower type, and he secretly loved inhaling their gentle scent. Being in charge of tending the garden especially during his early days as a disciple of Master Yoo, he made sure the soil exclusively grew the delicate herbaceous plants.

He felt drops of rain slowly falling on him, then all at once. He ran to a small shelter to watch the flowers get the moisture they needed.

Watching from afar was the Goddess of Luck.

"So that's why he smells like that..." She chuckled, but then realized she was late for tea with the Guardian of the Animals.

"Oppa! I'm so sorry!" Ji Hyo bowed and sat on the stool, panting slightly.

"It's okay, the tea's still hot-"

His warning came too late, and Ji Hyo had to feel firsthand the consequences of drinking steaming tea. She spat it out disgustedly, stuck her tongue out and began fanning it.

"Aigoo! And I thought I was the dog!"

"Kang Gary, why didn't you tell me earlier that the tea was still a thousand degrees!"

"Hey! It's only eight hundred and fifty six and you know it!"

Ji Hyo rolled her eyes at her sworn brother. Yes, the Goddess of Luck avoided the company of many other deities, but that was because she couldn't stand their thirst for her power.

The Guardian of Animals was a simple deity who did not care for mixing with other gods ually, he only wanted to do his job well. He respected Ji Hyo, and Ji Hyo respected him. They thus became sworn siblings.

Also, Gary told Ji Hyo that she simply wasn't his type. If you showed a picture of Song Ji Hyo to a billion beings, Kang Gary would be one of the five that did not feel attracted to her.

"So how are the animals?" Ji Hyo asked to start some small talk, when the tea had finally cooled to a safe five hundred degrees.

"They are the same. If they are not getting eaten, they are being used as labour for farming. How's that new boy toy of yours?"

Ji Hyo spat out her tea again.

"Still too hot?" Gary teased, knowing exactly why Ji Hyo spat.

"Yah, what boy toy? Have you been stalking me too?" Ji Hyo rubbed dry with her sleeve.

"Oh, so you admit he's you-"

"Watch it!"

"Fine, fine. I have better things to do than follow you around anyway, but word along the grapevine says you haven't left the side of that half-immortal for weeks." Gary said worriedly.

"Yah, those people don't know what they're talking about, what business is it of theirs!" Ji Hyo was fuming, she felt like her privacy was being invaded.

"Ok, ok, sorry! But be honest with me, what's going on?"

"Some humans are physically appealing! Don't tell me you haven't looked at a human and liked what you saw?"

Ji Hyo knew Gary would have nothing more to say on the issue, as he himself had his fair share of affairs with humans.

"Fine, you have a point there..."

Gary sighed. He told her about all the attractive humans he liked in the past, but Ji Hyo somehow shut up like a clam about her attraction to this particular human. He decided not to push her as she might talk about it eventually, and also if he pressed any further she might erupt with red, hot anger.

So the two friends continued drinking their tea, before they left for their own reasons.

Jong Kook was in the monastery kitchen fixing up some snacks, thinking about what Song Ji Hyo said the night before in slight horror.

"How long were you following me?" He had asked.

She looked down at his nether regions and he had almost burst into flames from the heat he felt. Song Ji Hyo was the Goddess of Luck, but she would do well part-timing as a Goddess of Seduction.

Gosh, that wasn't the point! What did Song Ji Hyo say again?

"Long enough..." Oh god. Kim Jong Kook was such an idiot. She... saw everything? Even in the cave? Crap. She had aroused him so badly last night that he didn't even think about her words and just ran to the garden to cleanse his filthy mind.

Suddenly, sounds of greetings broke the silence, indicating that a visitor had arrived.

"Hyung!"

"Jae Suk-ah!"

Ah, so it was Master Ji. Jong Kook went out to greet him, having not seen the man in weeks.

"Master Ji!" Jong Kook called out, bowing respe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter