Paradise

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Master Yoo! I-"

Master Yoo glanced up from his book, before getting out of his seat and walking towards his disciple.

"I know. My mind saw you in danger, but it also saw you safe. I'm glad you're fine."

They hugged, yet Jong Kook couldn't help but notice Master Yoo's bittersweet smile and sorrowful gaze.

"Master Yoo, are you alright? Somehow your expression doesn't look so good..."

Master Yoo shook his head.

"I'm fine... Just slightly sad because-"

"Because?"

"I feel like you're leaving this place soon. I can sense it coming."

He was? Master Yoo's prediction was indeed impressive. Maybe Ji Hyo was taking him away? But where?

"Leaving? Where am I going?"

The Goddess of Luck tracked down the Goddess of Mercy; as usual, she sat on her lotus meditating.

"Erm..."

The Goddess of Mercy cracked open an eye.

"Ah, you're here."

"So why do you want to meet me? I ditched my cranky man to see you, so this better be good," Ji Hyo said jokingly.

The Goddess of Mercy giggled.

"I have a gift for you."

"A gift?"

"For yourself and Jong Kook."

The Goddess of Mercy got up and teleported her to what could only be described as a haven- filled with flora and tranquility.

"I helped the Mother of the Yellow Earth build this paradise a long time ago. There are many like this one- they were made with the intention to reward couples who went through tough obstacles and challenges for their love. If you and Jong Kook wish to stay here away from the hubbub of the outside world; you are most welcome to do so. What do you think of the place?"

"This place? Well, it's beautiful, to say the least, but I think I need to talk to Jong Kook and let him take a look-see before we do anything."

The Goddess of Mercy nodded.

"But truly, thank you so much for the offer and for... everything else. I'm indebted to you. And if there's anything you need from me-"

"I'll ask. But it's nothing really; it would have honestly broken my heart if soul mates like the two of you ended your love story prematurely. Also, you should go back to your cranky man now. I think he's making stew."

Ji Hyo said her farewells to the Goddess of Mercy, before returning to the monastery. Indeed, outside the kitchen were Jae Suk and Dong Hoon tucking into hot bowls of stew Jong Kook had made.

Jong Kook, on the other hand, was still knickknack-ing around in the kitchen. Stirring a pot here; washing a bowl there. He was obviously stalling and making excuses for himself in order to wait for Ji Hyo's return and eat with her.

Ji Hyo appeared behind Jong Kook and slid her hands around his waist.

"Guess who?" She whispered in his ear.

"Hmm... That lady from the market?"

Ji Hyo narrowed her eyes at his attempt to make her jealous.

"That's wrong! Guess again."

"Really? I'm pretty sure it's that woman I kissed in the market; i wanted her to find me so we can kiss again- are you sure you're not her?"

Ji Hyo huffed in disbelief; letting go of Jong Kook. But before she could walk away, he grabbed her arm and trapped her against the walls of the kitchen ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter