Taken

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook woke up to the faint sounds of his shins dragging against an uneven surface. He was being pulled into some sort of jail cell, by two ugly disfigured... demons. Looking around, Jong Kook saw other people locked up in prisons similar to his. They all had exhaustion painted on their tortured faces. Fear coursed through Jong Kook as he worried he might face the same fate. What was happening?

"Why am I here?" He asked the demons hesitantly, trying his luck as they locked him behind bars. Hell had a humid putrid smell to it, and the smoky heat that pricked Jong Kook's skin did not make his hangover pound at the sides of his head any less. The demons only laughed in response to his queries and walked off, leaving Jong Kook to rack his brains for an answer.

He shut his eyes and willed his memories to come. What happened? As far as Jong Kook knew, he would only get thrown under if they made love, or she... weakened.

They were drinking last night weren't they? He felt his head throb as a form of confirmation. Mashed-up scenes of their drinking session flashed through Jong Kook's head.

"Alcohol tastes good..."

"I'm a very bad guy..."

"Kim Jong Kook..."

"Rock, Paper, Scissors!"

"Yah... That's just unfair..."

"Maybe..."

"I love you too."

Wait what?

"I love you too."

She... admitted that she loved him. She really did love him. Jong Kook wanted to kiss Ji Hyo in momentary bliss and fill her up with his love upon recalling her confession, but felt sorrow upon remembering that it was the very love she reciprocated which landed him here. Where was she? If she loved him, did she weaken? Was she... safe? Confusion turned to worry and slowly drove him mad.

He looked around the locked room, trying to find an escape. How he was going to escape the underworld was beyond him, but he couldn't sit there and do nothing, right?

Instruments of torture lay on the table two feet from his cell. There were sharp tools Jong Kook could use to pick the lock on his prison door. He put his head between two bars and tried to communicate with the prisoner in the adjacent cell, who could probably reach the tools better than he.

"Hello? Can you help me?"

He was ignored by that prisoner, but he got an answer from someone else.

"Help you with what?"

"Who... are you?" Jong Kook shuddered, scared of the sudden presence who chuckled.

"Nice to meet you Kim Jong Kook. I'm the King of Hell, King of the Underworld, whatever you fancy saying better. Now what is it you want?"

"I-I just wanted to know why I'm here..."

The King of the Underworld raised an eyebrow.

"Do you really not know? You're here as punishment for your love affair with the Goddess of Luck."

"Love affair? There was no love affair. It was just one-sided feelings in my heart. There was nothing physical happening either. Please don't hurt her." Jong Kook's heartbeat quickened, afraid they would punish Ji Hyo. He wanted to kick his selfish self for wishing she loved him before.

"Oh, so that's what you think? Silly boy, Song Ji Hyo has loved you for a while. Did you not notice how she manipulated everything so you stayed near to her? Maybe she didn't do it knowingly, but she subconsciously or instinctively made the situation so that you did not have to leave her side. She somehow managed to delude herself into thinking she didn't love you, so her powers did not weaken. And because she didn't weaken, we couldn't take you away. But now? She's admitted her love for you. So we can use you to break her. Hopefully she starts weakening with the knowledge that she loves you... It'll be easier to control her..."

The King of the Underworld was the evil scum of all evil scum as far as Jong Kook was concerned. He wanted to kick the demon to pieces, but controlled his emotions to fish out mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter