New Duty Assignments

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you'll stay here. You like it?" Jong Kook asked as he pushed open the door to Ji Hyo's resting quarters.

"Hmm... I don't sleep much, but this is a nice place I guess." The Goddess of Luck remarked while settling on the bed with a light bounce.

Master Yoo had assigned Jong Kook to show Ji Hyo around, as they thought it was best to keep their issue under wraps. The fewer disciples that knew, the better.

"Well don't play on the bed for too long. I still need to show you the other places..."

Ji Hyo sighed. But she had just gotten comfortable! Who would want to move around and walk when they had found the perfect resting position...

"Must we? I'm tired..." She pretended to snore, which made Jong Kook laugh.

"Aigoo... Didn't you just tell me you 'don't sleep much'?"

"Yah! Resting doesn't mean I have to sleep... If you want to finish showing me around today, you'll have to carry me!"

"But I'm tired too!" That was true. Everyone else at the monastery was already fast asleep. Also, he didn't have the heart to tell her carrying her around was way too intimate an activity for his heart to handle.

"Guess this tour won't end today then..." Ji Hyo turned over and was prepared to take a nap. Soon after, she heard him sigh deeply, before walking towards her and lifting her in his arms.

"Wow, you're light!" Jong Kook didn't expect it to be so easy to carry the Goddess, which in all honesty was why he hesitated doing it.

"Why do you sound so surprised? Do I look like I'm heavy?" Ji Hyo folded her arms and frowned, but he only laughed.

"Guess I just didn't know how much deities weighed in comparison to humans."

"Also, how did you know I'm not very heavy? Do you have many experiences to compare this with?" She would never admit it, but she felt like burning up from thinking about Jong Kook carrying many others like he was holding her now.

"No, I don't give many guided tours to new disciples while transporting them in my arms. Consider this a bonus since you're a Goddess." Jong Kook smirked, and Ji Hyo couldn't help but blush a little.

They arrived at the kitchen, and Ji Hyo was so excited to see food she jumped out of Jong Kook's arms to raid their supply. He stared at her with a perplexed expression.

"Do other deities eat too?"

"I don't know, I just know I can, and I do."

"But where does it all... Go?"

Ji Hyo gave him a look.

"Is this really the time for a Gods and Goddesses class?"

"I was just wondering..."

"I know. I'm honestly not sure myself." She grabbed a clean looking apple and jumped back into his arms.

"Ok, next place!"

"Really? I thought you could walk on your own now..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter