Gone

The Goddess Of Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo couldn't see Jong Kook anywhere in her room. Did he leave last night? Because unless he had a magical alcohol tolerance he would be knocked out in her vicinity. Worried, Ji Hyo quickly recovered from her hangover, but if she didn't find Jong Kook fast enough, she'd develop another headache from Jae Suk's nagging, if Jong Kook happened to have left her room in a drunken stupor. She hoped Jong Kook wasn't a drunk walker.

She quickly teleported to all the places Jong Kook could be in the monastery whilst remaining invisible.

The Kitchen. Maybe he was making Dong Hoon stew? She sniffed, hoping to get a whiff of his aromatic cooking. Nope. Empty. It was the break of dawn. No one was awake. Where could Jong Kook be?

The Garden. Maybe he felt nostalgic? She crossed her fingers, hoping to see the man tending to the soil when she reached the place. Nope. The flowers were beautiful as ever, but Jong Kook was nowhere to be seen.

Every single room in the monastery was checked thoroughly by the Goddess.

All the female disciple's rooms. No, Jong Kook wasn't in any of them.

All the male disciple's rooms. No, Jong Kook didn't even go to Dong Hoon's room.

Jae Suk's room. Just in case. She only saw Jae Suk fast asleep, looking worried. Jong Kook wasn't there either.

She went to Jong Kook's room, wanting to whack herself for not checking it earlier. But he wasn't there.

She went back to her room. Her door was locked. Oh, that's right, she made sure there was no way either of them could leave the room by sealing the door yesterday. She had set a charm over her room to make sure no one in the monastery could hear them either. But then how would Jong Kook have left? Maybe he was a locksmith?

Oh wait. She hadn't checked the bathroom. She moved quickly, but Jong Kook wasn't in any of the 30 monastery bathrooms.

The market? Maybe Jong Kook climbed through the window? Ji Hyo scanned the area within 10 kilometers of the monastery's vicinity.

But she couldn't find him no matter how hard she tried.

As a last resort, Ji Hyo physically searched through her memories of last night, looking through her mind to find those scenes played out by her drunk self. It resembled a sort of meditation, and required a high concentration Ji Hyo usually did not have, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

Ji Hyo's 11th drink. Jong Kook was tipsy and getting rather naughty.

"Ji Hyo-ah..."

"Yeah?"

She took her 12th drink.

"Alcohol tastes good..."

"What did I tell yo-"

"But it would taste better with you..."

Jong Kook clambered into Ji Hyo's personal space, making her go stiff.

"I need to tell you a secret..."

"What... Is it?"

He touched her arm, and heat radiated through her skin.

"I'm a very bad guy..."

"Why-"

Jong Kook leaned in next to her ear, and cupped her face with his hands like an exaggerated attempt to hide a secret.

"I know you're a Goddess... But sometimes I think of what you look like without your robes, and not only when I'm dreaming..."

Ji Hyo drank three shots of liquor to calm herself.

"Please don't punish me..."

Ji Hyo would have laughed if his drunk husky voice didn't sort of immobilize her. She wanted to punish him but not in the way his drunk self was worried about.

The two continued to drink and Ji Hyo had her 20th drink. She began to agree with drunk Jong Kook. Her alcohol would taste better if she could have a taste of him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter