Chapter Twenty Five

Flatline

Sorry for not being around, but in July my mother passed away, and at the end of October my grandmother also passed away. I am now trying to get back into the swing of things.

Chapter Twenty Five

Namjoon and Hoseok were with a  rescue crew as they went towards where the trauma rooms had been located. It was one of the more heavily damaged areas, along with the offices and the children's area that was below it. They reached where the storeroom was, there was some debris in the way, but the firemen that were with them were able to take care of it. Soon enough they had reached the door. They pushed against it, it wasn’t budging.

“Jungkook told us that there is something against the door in the way, we won't be able to open it normally,” Namjoon said, remembering what Jimin had passed onto him from the nurse.

“Okay,” one of the firemen said as they began to work in getting through the door another way.

His phone beeped and he looked at it, “Taehyung’s been found, he’s hurt, but looks like he’ll be okay,” he said.

Hoseok smiled softly in relief, “That's good.” Namjoon told him the name of the hospital where they were heading to and that Jimin had gone with him.

It was almost five minutes later when they got through. Jungkook was kneeling in the middle of the room. Yoongi lay unconscious on his back.

“Kookie,” Hoseok said, “We’re here,” he told him, getting him to move away as Namjoon and another paramedic that had gone with them went to help Yoongi.

“No… I have to…” he said, voice shaking.

“No more Kookie, it’s okay now,” Hoseok said as he pulled him away, holding him.

“We need to get him out of here right away,” Namjoon said as they pulled one of the stretchers that they had brought into the room and quickly got Yoongi onto it.

“Where?” Jungkook asked as he tried to get up, he only took one step as he collapsed to the ground. Hoseok was only just quick enough to stop him from hitting it.

“Let's get him settled as well,” Namjoon added as one of the fire crew passed the other stretcher into the room. Namjoon and Hoseok worked together and got him situated on it. They headed out of the collapsing building.

“I wonder how many more are trapped,” Hoseok said softly, his worry for Junghyun at the forefront of his mind.

“Well, Jin and Junghyun haven't been able to get out, so maybe them, and I have no doubt that there are others, some places are inaccessible, the office’s where Jin is, you can’t get to them. They are slowly clearing the way, but it could be another couple of hours,” Namjoon said softly as they stepped over some rubble.

“Junghyun should have been in reception, but, he wasn’t,” Hoseok said softly, “All of reception was evacuated, and while some of the damage was there, it was directed outwards towards those going in,” he shuddered, knowing that he could have been hurt more than he was if the blast had been that little bit stronger.

“Did anyone say anything about it?” he asked.

“Only that Hei-Ran had come up to him and told him that I wanted to see him and they went off. I don't know what was going on there, as I wasn’t even in the building,” Hoseok frowned, wondering why Junghyun had gone off like that.

“Well, we’ll find them,” he told him, reassuring him as best as he could. Namjoon was worried about Jin, the area where his office was had been totally destroyed. They were shoring up some of the flooring and the walls just to be able to work in getting people that had been in the area out.

“Right, straight to the ambulances with these two,” one of the other doctors said. Namjoon told them to take them to the same hospital that Taehyung had been taken to.

“It’s a little out of the way, but that would mean that they should have fewer patients from the explosion,” the paramedic said as they situated Yoongi in the first one and sent it off.

“You should go with them,” Namjoon said, “Look, I’ll be here for Junghyun and Jin, you go and be with those two,” he told him, placing a hand on his shoulder, “I promise you that they will be just fine, I know it,” he said, smiling at him.

Hoseok looked torn, “Junghyun would want me to go with Kookie, wouldn’t he?”

“He would, he is somewhat overprotective of that kid,” Namjoon gave a small snort as Jungkook was loaded into a second ambulance. There were so many situated around and even an air ambulance helicopter had set down nearby after taking another critical hurt patient.

“Okay, I’ll go, message me as soon as you know about them,” Hoseok said as he climbed in the one with Jungkook.

“I will,” Namjoon said as he closed the door and waved them off. He turned back to the hospital and closed his eyes for a moment, “Please be all right,” he murmured.

XxXxX

Junghyun looked up, he could hear voices coming from the other side of the wall he was sitting near. He got up, wincing as his leg protested but limped closer to it, “Hey!” he called out loudly.

“Is someone there?” came a voice.

“Yeah!” he called out, a smile on his face, someone knew they were there.

“How many of them are with you?” the voice asked.

“There are five of us in total, three male, one female and one male child,” he answered him. “One of the males is unconscious the other has a head injury. The woman has gotten a nasty injury to her side, but not life-threatening. The child is okay, a few scratches and bruises but he’s doing well. Myself, I’ve just hurt my leg,” he answered them, knowing better than to lie about his own condition.

“Okay, we should have you all out of there in the next half hour at least. Though we want you to move as far away from this wall as possible. We don't want anything falling towards you, but it might happen. If you can get everyone to the other side that would be great,” he told Junghyun.

The receptionist looked around, he could see that the father and son were out of the way, but Ki-Nam was near the wall, “Ki-Nam, we’re going to have to move you to the other side of the room,” he warned him as he limped over.

“We’ll work together,” the woman said as she stood up and between the two of them, they partially carried and dragged Ki-Nam out of the way.

Junghyun went back to the wall and called out, “We’re away from it now,” he told them.

“Okay, see you in a bit,” he told them.

Junghyun joined the others, Ki-Nam was looking paler now, the movement causing him to feel sick. They sat in silence as they waited, they could hear rubble being moved and occasionally they say something falling into the area where they were. As promised it took them half an hour to get through. A little more and the rubble had been cleared enough that people could go in and out. A firewoman helped Junghyun get out. He took a deep breath as soon as he was outside. He didn’t know how long they had been in there for. He had left his phone at reception.

“How long has it been?” he asked the woman that was helping him over to triage.

“It’s been almost three hours since the explosions happened, and a little less since we started getting people out,” she answered him softly as he was settled onto one of the beds that had been set up.

“Thanks,” he said as he lay back, his whole body shuddered a little, he was feeling a little cold. A surge of relief went through him. He was out, and now all he wanted to know was if Jungkook was okay and Hoseok. His mind drifted them to his friends, “You guys better be okay,” he muttered as one of the doctors came over.

“Junghyun!” a voice called out as someone ran over.

“Namjoon-hyung,” he said, a smile on his face, one was safe.

“Glad to see you,” he smiled to him, relief in his eyes.

“Have you seen any of the others? Jungkook and Hoseok?” he asked, as he tried to sit up, the doctor above him pushed him back down.

“Hoseok has gone with Yoongi and Jungkook to the hospital, they’re hurt bad, but hopefully they should be okay. Taehyung’s broke his leg from what I heard. Jimin went with him. Hoseok and Jimin are fine. Hoseok has a small bump on the head, and Jimin is okay. I’ve got a few new bruises but I’m fine,” Namjoon answered him.

Junghyun closed his eyes as he went through what Namjoon had told him and then his eyes flew open, “What about Jin-hyung?” he asked, realising that one name had been kept off the list.

“We, we haven't found him yet. He was in his office when I left, but there's barely anything left of them. They are being shored up so they can find survivors,” he said, voice small and quiet.

“He'll be okay,” Junghyun told him, reaching out, “He will.”

Namjoon gave him a grimacing smile. He wanted to believe it, but it had been three hours and those that had been pulled from the rubble in the area, most of them had already perished. “I’ve told them to send you to the same hospital as the others. I don't know their condition at the moment but no news is good news right?” he said, trying to keep a little hope inside.

“Yeah,” he nodded, “That's true,” he told him.

“Okay, you’ve dislocated your knee,” the doctor above said to him, “A mild concussion, but otherwise, you’re okay,” he finished.

“Okay,” Junghyun said as he sat up.

“It also doesn’t mean that you can get up and leave, you’ll be going in one of the buses to the hospital to get proper treatment,” he warned him.

Junghyun looked a little sheepish but nodded. “Okay, sorry.”

Namjoon chuckled lightly, “I’ll help him to the bus that's going to the one he needs to go to,” he said as he helped Junghyun to his feet and acted as a human crutch to get him there. Settling him into it, “I’ll see you soon. I’m going to wait here for Jin to be found,” he said.

“Keep the hope Joon-hyung,” he told him.

“I will,” he nodded as he walked off and turned around. Going back to the triage area and helping out once more as he waited for news about Jin.