Chapter Twenty-Four

Flatline

Chapter Twenty Four

 

Jungkook groaned in pain as his world was full of it. He opened his eyes, he could barely see in the darkness, just vague outlines around him. Something heavy was pressed against his stomach. He pushed it, biting back a cry of pain as it took a moment to push it off him. He lay there panting as he tried to think on what had just happened. Wrapping an arm around his stomach he slowly sat up as it came back to him.

 

He had been up a ladder, grabbing something, Yoongi below him as the world shook and collapsed around them. Sending the two of them to the floor and the things around them to land on them. The last thing he remembered was something hitting his head. Reaching up he gently touched it and pulled his hand away, there was a little blood on his fingers. Wincing he glanced around, “Yoongi-hyung?” he called out, voice scratchy as he began to cough.

 

Jungkook squinted as he saw him, lying on his side facing away from him. He crawled over, wincing as his knees protested the little bits of debris that was in the way. “Yoongi,” he called again as he reached him. Rolling him onto his back, his eyes went wide as he saw blood. Jungkook checked him and found a large injury on his right side. He pushed down on it, getting no reaction from Yoongi.

 

“What do I do?” he asked allowed, trying to remember anything and everything he had been taught. Jungkook looked down and winced as he saw the blood seeping through his fingers. He didn’t know how long they were out and how much he had lost already, but he knew it things would be getting worse if he didn’t have help. He looked around, the door out was blocked. Fumbling with his pocket he was able to pull out his phone and pressed dial on the last person he called, tapping the little speaker button before he went back to putting pressure on Yoongi’s injury.

 

“Hello, Kookie?” came Jimin’s soothing voice.

 

“Jimin,” Jungkook said, relieved that someone answered, coughing a little as he breathed in some of the dust.

 

“Where are you?” he asked, he could tell that Jungkook was on the verge of panic.

 

“The storage room near trauma, the doors blocked from my side. I can’t get out and I’m with Yoongi, but he's really hurt. He’s bleeding out, I’m trying to stop it but it's still coming out,” he said, voice shaking badly.

 

“Okay,” Jimin said, “We’re going to come and get you, all right,” he told him as he quickly relayed what he said to one of the teams about to go in. “I’m sending Hoseok and Namjoon to you as well all right.”

 

“Okay, just hurry,” he said, coughing louder this time and groaning in pain as his stomach started to hurt as well as his chest.

 

“Sounds like your hurt as well,” Jimin said, keeping his voice calm.

 

“More worried about Yoongi,” he dismissed his own hurts.

 

“I need to know about you as well, so I can tell the team what to expect when they get there to you,” Jimin told him.

 

“Chest hurts, so does my stomach. Hurt my head as well, things are a little blurry, but not that bad, more like I just woke up blurry and haven’t rubbed the sleep out of my eyes,” he finally answered as he tried to assess what hurt and what didn’t, “To be honest I think I just hurt all over, I fell from the ladder,” he admitted.

 

“Okay,” Jimin said, making sure that they were prepared to deal with two injured people and not just one. Relaying to Namjoon what Jungkook said. “Jungkook, I need you to do something for me,” he asked him softly.

 

“What like,” he said tears in his eyes, he could see Yoongi breathing and that was the only thing that was keeping him from breaking down.

 

“I need you to press on your stomach and tell me if it's hard, and I don't mean those muscles of yours,” Jimin said, trying to keep his voice light.

 

“I don't want to stop putting pressure on Yoongi,” he told him.

 

“Just use one hand, and make sure to tell me,” he suggested softly, knowing that the young nurse was worried more about Yoongi at the moment since his injury could be seen. But from what Jungkook had told him it sounded like he had some internal injuries.

 

“Okay,” he said using one hand he did what Jimin told him. He couldn’t really tell what he was meant to do, put pressed around, wincing a little in pain when he pushed too hard in one or two places. “It feels a little harder than normal,” he said, “But I can’t really tell that well,” he added.

 

“That's okay,” he said softly, sending a message to Namjoon of what he had learned.

 

Jimin remained on the phone a little while longer until he was called away by someone to help treat another patient that had been brought out of the building, “Kookie I have to go, but they should be with you soon.”

 

“Okay,” Jungkook said, his voice shaking, he wanted to ask Jimin to remain with him. He didn’t want to feel alone. The call soon ended and the silence got to Jungkook and tears started to fall down his cheeks as he waited for Namjoon and Hoseok to arrive and help the two of them.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin woke with a cry as pain shot through his body. Opening his eyes he looked around, he was pinned to the floor. Some over his chest kept him from moving, and each time he tried pain shot through him. He tried to remember what had happened, tried to think. But his mind remained black. The office had practically collapsed in on itself. There wasn’t a lot of room around him. He could hear distance cried and yells.

 

“Na… Namjoon!” he called, out, wondering if his partner was there as well, fear gripped him as he couldn’t remember if he had been alone in his office or not. “Joonie!” he called out louder, coughing and crying in pain as his chest protested what he was doing.

 

Jin tried to move whatever it was that was on his chest. He was only able to shift it a little, but it caused a large way of pain to wash over him. The world dimmed around the edges before it went dark. Head flopping to the side as he passed out.

 

XxXxX

 

Minho was able to get out of the building without encountering many obstacles made difficult as he carried Taehyung out. He blinked in the light, it was a nice sunny day, a little cold, but nothing that a light jacket couldn’t combat. It felt like it should be anything but that with what had happened. Minho could see a number of makeshift areas set up. He walked over to the closest one. “Hey Sung-Nam!” he called out to one of the doctors that worked in the hospital.

 

“Minho?” he said and then say the unconscious man in his arms, “Taehyung?” he asked, as he walked over.

 

“Yeah, passed out,” he said, “Anywhere I can put him so he can be seen to?” he asked.

 

“Come on,” he said as he guided him to one of the triage areas that had been set up, “Set him down and I’ll see to him. Go find Jimin, I saw him earlier. He must be frantic with worry,” he added softly as he began to examine Taehyung to see his condition.

 

“Sure,” Minho said as he began to head off. It took him a little while to go and find Jimin, “Jimin!” he called out, he was talking to someone he had been treating.

 

“Minho?” he said, looking a little happy to see him, “Good to see that you’re okay.”

 

“Yeah, just a few bruises and cuts, nothing bad,” he told him, “Taehyung was hurt though. He’s been looked at now, Chul-Woo, can you take over for Jimin?” he asked the doctor that was walking by.

 

“Sure,” he frowned but agreed.

 

“Thank you,” Jimin said, relieved that Taehyung had been found and that while he was hurt, he was now hoping that it wasn’t too bad. He followed Minho towards the triage area and saw Taehyung being treated. “Taehyung!” he called out, running over.

 

“Jimin,” Sung-Nam greeted the other doctor, “He’s okay, a concussion is the main reason why he is unconscious again. His right leg is broken, and there is some swelling around his left knee, doesn’t look like its been dislocated or anything, more like heavy bruising,” he explained before Jimin could even ask and finished with, “as well as some cuts and bruises.”

 

Jimin nodded, taking hold of a hand and leaning down, moving hair out the way and wincing as he saw a small bandage beginning to peek out through the hair, “I’m so glad your okay Taetae,” he whispered placing a kiss on his forehead, careful of the bandage.

 

“We’re going to send him off now,” Sung-Nam said as a paramedic crew walked over.

 

“You should go with him,” Minho said as he stood behind him, “I know you want to stay, I can see you want to help,” he told him, “But you should be with him,” he added softly.

 

Jimin takes a breath, “I’ll go with him.”

 

“Keep us updated and I’ll tell the others where you have gone if they ask,” he smiled softly.

 

“Thank you,” Jimin said gratefully as he the paramedics started to transfer Taehyung to a trolly to take to the ambulance that waited for him. Jimin asked for the hospital and sent out a group message to tell them where he and Taehyung would be.

 

Jimin nodded to Minho and got in the ambulance. Sitting in the back, he kept a hand on Taehyung, not wanting to let him go. He just hoped that the rest of the hospital was safe from what was going on. He has seen sniffer dogs heading towards the other buildings, to make sure no other explosive devices were within them. Thought patients were being transferred to other hospitals in the area, just in case. The doors closed and the ambulance began to move away from the hospital and away from their son Tae-Seok.