nine.

Autumn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today’s gonna be a litte bit different since it was Yuchan’s first day of going to the pre-school and also Jeonghan’s first day of working. The latter hurried himself towards the kitchen as soon as he woke up to make some sandwiches for breakfast and also kimbab and sliced omelette along with the other side dishes for lunch. He packed the lunchboxes prettily. After finishing his duty in the kitchen, Jeonghan headed to his room to get Yuchan get ready. He didn’t need a lot of time to do that, Yuchan was doing good and cooperative as usual or he could say Yuchan was excited.

 

 

“Have I told you this coffee is the best? It’s really good.” Seungcheol said as soon as he sipped on his morning coffee.

 

 

“Yes, you did that the first time I made it for you.” Jeonghan smiled, serving the sandwich in front of Seungcheol and the other thanked him. “Seungcheol, can I come with you to take Yuchan to school today? I mean, it’s his first day and I really want to send him off. If it’s okay with you…” he glued his eyes on the table as he waited for the answer.

 

 

“Hey, of course you can go with us! Why not? I will drive you back home again” Seungcheol replied, munching on the food.

 

 

“No, you don’t have to do that. I can just take the bus later, that’s fine.” Jeonghan said, voice came out a little too excited. He then left to get himself ready, putting on a thick coat then went back to the kitchen. He put the lunchbox into Yuchan’s bagpack and handed out one to Seungcheol. “Here, I made one for you too.”

 

 

Seungcheol looked at him as if the latter just gave him a a sack of gold, eyes sparkling in disbelief. “You really did prepare one for me?” and received a nod from the other. He got up to hug Jeonghan happily, the lunchbox separating them in between. “Thank you, Jeonghan. Thank you thank you thank you.”

 

 

Jeonghan patted his back before pulling himself away. “You’re welcome. It’s just a lunchbox anyway, why are you so happy?” Seungcheol only grinned wider at his question.

 

 

Ever since the night where Seungcheol get sick and the reconciliation between the two happened, both Seungcheol and Jeonghan did not restrain themselves anymore to touch each other. They would do it naturally now without thinking about the imaginary discomfort they thought before. Like they high fived each other a lot of time, when they go grocery shopping Seungcheol would put an arm around Jeonghan with Yuchan sitting inside the cart, Jeonghan also gave Seungcheol a massage couple of times when the latter just come back from work. They did all of that without pressing nor feeling burdened by each other. Instead, they feel like getting closer because of those not-so-little touch.

 

 

“Everyone ready?” Seungcheol hold his briefcase after putting on his shoes.

 

 

“Yeaaah!” Yuchan shouted, jumping excitedly troubling Jeonghan who was trying to fasten the zipper of his coat.

 

 

All the way up to the school, Jeonghan didn’t talk much and it somehow putting some burden on Seungcheol’s shoulder as the last time the other didn’t that, it was ended up pretty bad. But Seungcheol began to relax and breathe again when he realized that he wasn’t sensing any tension from him, at least.

 

 

 

Once the car perfectly parked, Seungcheol climbed down first to help opening the door to passenger seat since Yuchan was sitting on Jeonghan’s lap and it was hard for him to open it himself. Seungcheol high-fived the kid and said ‘fighting!’ to encurourage him on his first day. He leaned back on the car and folded his arms on his chest as he watched Jeonghan sending Yuchan off till the front gate from afar. It took him longer than he thought it would be, but what he didn’t expect to happen more was to see Jeonghan’s eyes glistened with tears when he came back.

 

“Jeonghan, what’s wrong?” Seungcheol immediately stood on his feet properly. The latter only shook his head weakly.

 

 

“You can go to work now, bye Seungcheol.”

 

 

Seungcheol furrowed his brows. He wasn’t planning on letting Jeonghan go back alone by the bus. Moreover, looking at Jeonghan’s state right now where his tears just threathening to fall anytime. “What? No. I’m driving you home.”

 

 

“It’s alright really. You’ll be late.” Seungcheol silently opened the door and pushed Jeonghan in. Surprisingly, the latter didn’t fight back verbally nor physically anymore and even let Seungcheol fasten the seat belt for him.

 

 

Jeonghan wanted to praise himself for managing to hold the his tears back all the way back home. But the well built thick wall suddenly crumbled down within second when Seungcheol wrap his arms around him. They were standing outside just in front of the door. Jeonghan buried his face on Seungcheol’s chest and cried against the fabric while the other had his chin on his head.

 

 

“I-I thought I was ready…” he started between sniffles.

 

 

“Ready for what?” Seungcheol asked him ever so softly, afraid of any sound would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter