twelve.

Autumn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol kicked his shoes off before slipping into the house. The noise wasn’t left unheard by Yuchan who was playing toys on the carpeted tiles. He also noticed there on the couch, Jeonghan was laying with his eyes closed.

 

 

“Didi! uncle Cheol come!” Yuchan pointed out his tiny forefinger towards Seungcheol’s direction. The oldest of them chuckled as he ruffled his hair fondly.

 

 

“Hello to you too, lil boy.” Then he turned to Jeonghan’s side, who was rubbing his eyes weakly as he tried to get up. “Good morning.”

 

 

Jeonghan gasped, eyes widened in instant. “OH MY- Did I sleep that-,” just when he was about to get on his feet, Seungcheol caught him down again.

 

 

“Hey, calm down, I was just kidding. It’s only a quarter to eight pm.”

 

 

“Seriously?” Jeonghan wasn’t convinced yet his eyes busily looking for the clock on the wall that Seungcheol needed to show the clock on his phone. Only then he sighed, lifting his right hand and placed it on his chest. “Seungcheol, my heart was about to explode.”

 

 

“I’m sorry,” Seungcheol ran his thumb on the back of his hand. “were you waiting for me? Yuchan called you once he saw me earlier.”

 

 

At the mention of his name, the little boy chirped in, “yes, Didi said he wanted to eat with uncle.”

 

 

A lift of an eyebrow was the first response Seungcheol did. He turned to Jeonghan as if asking for the confirmation. But turned out the latter looked away avoiding his gaze. “Jeonghan, why? Do you want to tell me something?”

 

 

“Nope.” Jeonghan shrugged his shoulder off.

 

 

“Okay. Okay.” Seungcheol’s grin was making his dimples more prominent by this time. “Let me take a shower first.”

 

 

Seungcheol took his steps unusually wider without knowing the reason why. Yes, he definitely not. Walking towards the kitchen where Jeonghan was standing behind the stove counter. Before he could step into the place, he noticed that Jeonghan was having a hard time with his hair which he let untied. Making a sudden u-turn and took one of Jeonghan’s hair tie before returning to the kitchen.

 

 

Standing right behind the younger, Seungcheol get a hold of Jeonghan’s hair and pulled his hair in a ponytail. Despite the huge effort he did, it turned out not so neatly. “Navy hair tie for the blue pajama,” said him.

 

 

“Aww, thank you so much. It was bothering me so much but I was too lazy to leave the food here.” Jeonghan turned a little to thank him and smile properly before back at stirring the soup again.

 

 

The weather was colder these days since winter has come since two months ago. A white blanket of snow almost completely covering the trees, ground, and houses since Seungcheol took the chance to snake his arms around his waist and put his chin on Jeonghan’s shoulder. “Rough day?”

 

 

Instead of a verbal answer, Jeonghan felt the older leaned closer burying his face on Jeonghan’s neck. The long haired guy inhaled deeply, uncounsiously gripped the ladle tighter.

 

 

“Tired?” he asked again.

 

 

“I don’t want to complain because you probably had rougher day and tired than me.”

 

 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. “We both know that is not true,” Getting no more reply, he tried to loosen the arms around him. “you can wait and sit over there, Seungcheol.”

 

 

“No.” Seungcheol tightened his hold.

 

 

“You know, you’re being weird.” Jeonghan said before turning off the stove, letting the other hug him just like he wanted to, not that he hate it though.

 

 

“I don’t think so. I hug you so many times in daily.”

 

 

“Okay. You win.” Jeonghan spoke in gritted teeth because what Seungcheol just said to him was in fact, true. And he was suddenly shy about it. Thankfully he was able to hide the blush on his burning face with their position and Jeonghan busily pouring the soup into a large bowl and bringing it over the table. Seungcheol finally let go of him.

 

 

 

As soon as they finished eating, the two leave the kitchen and returning to the living room. Seungcheol catched Yuchan and picked him up to play as if he was an airplane. The kid laughed heartily in excitement, chanting “again! again!” and Seungcheol did. Jeonghan chose to take a seat on the floor while leaning on the couch as he watched the other two.

 

 

“I’m going on a overseas business trip tomorrow,” Seungcheol walked over him, holding Yuchan on one arm. Jeonghan watched the latter passing by him then took a seat on the couch behind him, setting himself between his legs. Yuchan rolled to the side, lying down next to Seungcheol. “for five days if I heard it right”

 

 

“Seriously? Where to? When are you leaving?” the news finally get into his brain after a few seconds, Jeonghan turned around to face him.

 

 

“Shenzen,” Seungcheol checked on his phone to make sure, “the flight is at eight tomorrow morning, so… should be leaving around six, yeah?” when Seungcheol looked up from his phone, he was welcomed by Jeonghan’s eyes looking straight at him in disbelief. He didn’t expect the other to react like this anyway.

 

 

“Sorry but out of all times, you really need to tell me just now? Really, Choi Seungcheol?” Jeonghan almost yell at the other but he remembered that Yuchan was there with them. Actually he wasn’t really sure why would he acted like this, he had mixed feeling about the news.

 

 

“I’m sorry but I didn’t mean it like that. My boss just told me earlier back at the office and I didn’t want you to lose your appetite if I’ve told you before we eat.”

 

 

Oh how Jeonghan regretted his action because how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter