sixteen.

Autumn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, how have you been?”

 

 

“I’m doing good these days, Yuchan too, what about you and the family?”

 

 

Jeonghan received a phone call from Wonwoo last night. The younger asked him to meet up to have some early lunch around 11 am so that they can go to pick up their children together after that. Jeonghan agreed without thinking much about what occasion it is since they haven’t met for quiet a while. They both were already waiting for their orders.

 

 

“I’ve been busy with some projects for a few weeks, the hardest time was when Minwoo got sick and you know, being clingy and refused to let go of me when I needed to pass the work on time.”

 

 

“Aah, I see, that’s frustrating,” Jeonghan puffed his cheek, “what a bad timing.”

 

 

“Exactly, Mingyu needed to pull him off me forcefully, of course not without the loud bawling haha,” Wonwoo chuckled, “now that the project is over I’m back being free again, I like being a freelance editor like this”

 

 

Their orders came and they continued eating while chit-chatting about anything, catching up to what they missed of each other. When the two have finished their food, Wonwoo dared himself to finally bring up the topic.

 

 

“Hyung, actually, I.. have something to ask”

 

 

Jeonghan nodded, sipping on his drink. “Go ahead.”

 

 

“I know about you and Seungcheol hyung,” Wonwoo noticed the slight change on Jeonghan’s expression, “if you don’t mind, would you tell me what actually happened? I didn’t mean to intervene or what, it’s just if you want to tell me..”

 

 

“I understand, Wonwoo,” Jeonghan reassured him with a smile, “what did Seungcheol tell you? I will tell you the rest”

 

 

“But I just want to hear it from your point of view, I don’t want you to getaffected by his version, I want to be a neutral here”

 

“Okay, can you give me some bait? I don’t know where to start” Jeonghan tilted his head, not sure.

 

 

“You decided to move out cause you found another place?”

 

 

“Ooh, yeah,” Jeonghan inhaled, “I had been thinking about that for a long time, I mean, if we see it objectively, even from the very beginning, Yuchan and I were strangers, right? I find a job and work to save up so that we can live independently. We never expected the bonding gonna get, what, attached? to this extent, where we’re so comfortable to each other.”

 

 

Wonwoo was listening quietly, silently hoping the question didn’t burdening the older too much.

 

 

“So yeah, just like the original plan, I started finding some place. I’ve always wanted to tell Seungheol since the first time, but it always got postponed. You know, when I was about to tell him then I saw his tired face after work, so I didn’t, when we were hanging out happily, I didn’t want to break the mood, so I didn’t. But time wouldn’t wait for us, from I found the place, agreed the deal, until I finally paid for it, I still haven’t got the chance to tell him. I think I was too scared about his reaction, but see what’s happening now? It’s even worse.”

 

 

Jeonghan took a sip of his drink, Wonwoo waited, making sure the latter wasn’t going to talk more.

 

 

“I relate so much to that, where you’re waiting for the best timing. It happened a lot between me and Mingyu too. I won’t blame you cause the intentions were actually good, like, things happen” Wonwoo nodded, “I’m sorry if it’s kinda sensitive? Seungcheol told us that you left early in the morning and..”

 

 

“Aah, yes, that.” Jeonghan answered right away when he saw Wonwoo looked like he was lost of words to describe it. “That’s something that I regret the most, honestly. Just like what I said before, I was too scared of how he would react, especially when we just got into a fight the night before. So I, impulsively did that, to avoid any fight cause I still have Yuchan with me, without thinking about the longer impact. You must be disappointed with me, right?”

 

 

Wonwoo shook his head. “No, not at all. I’m not in the place to judge or feel anything, hyung. I’m glad you trust me enough to tell me all of this, thank you.”

 

 

“I should be the one thanking you, Wonwoo.”

 

 

Wonwoo reached for Jeonghan’s hand on the table. “Do you want to meet him?”

 

 

Jeonghan’s mouth opened, surprised by the sudden question. Wonwoo repeated his question. “Are you serious?”

 

 

“Of course. I asked with him as well before and he said yes. I was supposed to not tell you this, but just in case you need more reassurement.” Wonwoo chuckled, “but still, I’m not forcing you, okay?”

 

 

“For real, Wonwoo? He really said he wanted to meet me?” Jeonghan asked, his eyes widened filled with hopes. His grip on Wonwoo’s hand unconsciously got tighter. Wonwoo could feel how much Jeonghan wanted this.

 

 

“TMI, I don’t think I should open my mouth more.” Wonwoo smiled teasingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter