three.

Autumn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuchan! Look what I’ve got” Seungcheol slipped off his work shoes at the entrance before joining in with the boy in the living room. The said boy quickly shifted his attention to Seungcheol, specifically on the box in his hold. “Guess what is it”

 

 

“Food?” Seungcheol shook his head.

 

 

“Shoes?”

 

 

“Nah, something I’m quite sure you’ll like it”

While the two were busy on their conversation, Jeonghan silently entered the living room as he was just coming out of the kitchen.

 

 

“Toys?”

 

 

“Bingo!” Seungcheol opened the box then took two airplane toys out of there. “Airplanes!”

 

 

“Woaaah” Yuchan’s eyes brightened at the sight and his hands reached out asking to hold the toys himself. Seungcheol gladly gave it to him.

 

 

“Do you like it?” Seungcheol asked. But seems like Yuchan was completely mesmerized by the new toys, so that he didn’t hear what Seungcheol said.

 

 

“Yuchan, uncle Seungcheol is talking to you,” Jeonghan’s voice surprised both Seungcheol and Yuchan their heads spun around in millisecond towards his direction behind them.

 

 

“Hey,” Seungcheol greeted the other as Jeonghan took a seat next to Yuchan on the floor. He replied with a tiny smile.

 

 

“I’m sorry, uncle Cheol, could you repeat what you said earlier, please?”

 

 

Seungcheol could see how Yuchan half-heartedly put the toys on the floor only to ask him and chuckled at how cute that was. “I said, do you like it? The toys?”

 

 

“Of course, uncle Cheol! I love it, really” Yuchan nodded his head fast then bowed at the older. “Thank you very much, uncle.”

 

 

It somehow amazed Seungcheol how polite his action was. “No problem, Yuchan. I’m relieved that you like it that much”

 

 

“How about giving uncle Cheol a hug?” Jeonghan suggested.

 

 

“A hug?” before he could register it yet, he found tiny arms s around his neck. Seungcheol’s body tensed up at the contact, his heart beat so fast. He forgot when the last time he hugged a kid before, he didn’t know it would be this great at warmed his heart. Seungcheol doubtfully brought his arms up to return the hug.

 

 

“Thanks again, uncle Cheol,” Yuchan said when they finally apart, Seungcheol only patted his head still not able to form any words.

 

 

“Anyway, dinner’s ready. I cooked some fried rice with sausages.” Jeonghan said, more to Seungcheol.

 

 

“Oh, right. I was starving to death.” Seungcheol collected his briefcase and getting up probably to take a shower. “Be right back so wait me up, guys”

 

 

---

 

 

“Hey, have you ever hug a kid before? You looked so tense earlier.” Jeonghan just tucked Yuchan to bed and went out of their room to take a glass of water when he found Seungcheol in the living room, watching the late night show in the television.

 

 

“Really? Was that obvious?”

 

 

Jeonghan nodded. “At least I could see that, very clearly.” Seungcheol followed anywhere Jeonghan go, from the kitchen till he stopped by the couch.

 

 

“ Almost all of kids are scared of me, so I never had the chance to hug them without making them cry”

 

 

Jeonghan took a long shot of his drink before clearing his throat “Seungcheol, no offense, but you really don’t need to spoil us like this. It makes me feel even more burdened”

 

 

“What do you mean by that? I didn’t, I don’t.”

 

 


“I would like to talk to you, but I don’t think it’s a good idea because Yuchan could hear on us anytime.”

 

 

Seungcheol looked up into his eyes, but Jeonghan averted his gaze away. “Would you mind if we move to the balcony?”

 

 

“That’s no problem for me,”

 

 

“Okay,”

 

 

That was how they finally stood by the gate of the balcony of Seungcheol’s room. The gap between them was wide, enough to put four Yuchan there. But Seungcheol didn’t mind, he knew Jeonghan need some comfort space for himself. After a while, no one start the conversation first, both still staring at the night view ahead of them. Till Jeonghan broke the silence.

 

 

“I’m the one who wanted to talk, so I should be the one to start over, I guess?” Jeonghan didn’t need to look at his side to see Seungcheol nodding his head as his answer. “So, firstly, I want to thank you, no matter how many times I’ve said it, I know it never enough to pay your kindness.”

 

 

“Jeonghan, I told you-“

 

 

“Yeah, but I can’t help it. You spent a bunch of money on our clothes before, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter