Coffee, Tea, or Me

The Brother

After a day of shopping for clothes with her new found wealth, Jennie and her friends ended up at the quaint coffee shop they all loved.   Jennie was happier than usual but unusually restless.  She couldn't wait to ask her friends their opinion about Yoongi.  But she wasn't ready for their jaws to drop like that.  Was what she hoped for so unattainable or forbidden?  She wanted him to like her even though he had a girl friend.  She would normally detest a girl with those notions thinking her selfish and vulgar to covet something that is not yours. Then why did she want him?

"Guys, I have a problem."  Jennie finally confessed.

"Yeah what is it?"

"It's the brother of the boy I babysit.  He dislikes me, he ignores me and when he gives me even the slightest attention, it makes me so happy and frustrated."

"Stay away, Jennie.  You don't want to get hurt."

"You don't understand, at this point I don't care if he doesn't like me, I want him to want me.  I wan't him to beg."

Her friends giggled at her bold desire.  "But, why?"

"You haven't seen him.  He's so hot but he treats me like I'm not rich enough, good enough, or pretty enough.  I think he thinks I'm dumb too."

"That's why I stay away from rich guys. They think they are so cool but their stinks just like everybody else." Lisa scoffed.

"Jennie, you need a guy that loves you and cherishes you for you not some unattainable that will objectify you." Jisoo said. "You only want him cause he doesn't want you."

"I don't think he's so bad. He just doesn't like me but sometimes he makes me feel like he does like me. I'm so confused."

"Then why go after him?" Lisa said.

"Cause ... I want him to be my first. You know. I want my first time to be with him. You have to help me!"

"Well you can't act nervous or y around him. The minute he thinks you like him he'll run the other way." Jisoo offered.

"What's the plan then?"

"You have to go for one of his friends. Make him see that his peers value you. That's what I would do."

"You think?" Jenny said staring at her friend Jisoo that was more experienced with guys.

"Yes, go for the best looking one in the group."

Jennie's eyes lit up. "Okay, I will! I know just the guy."