The Help

The Brother

It was finally Saturday and I'm off.  Finally some rest from that little fireball and his y brother that's so annoyingly oblivious to my stares.  I went to the kitchen planning on making myself some crispy bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.  Ah, yes I do need coffee.  After my delicious breakfast, I sat on the sofa, laid back on the arm rest and just looked at my phone.  I never even had time to look at my phone and Yoongi had warned me to leave it at home since Hwan loved to play with phones and break them.  After that day at the park, we seemed to get along a little better.  I tried really hard to keep Hwan away from his brother's room and  in return Yoongi would give me a ride home every day so I didn't have to walk.  It seemed like a reluctant friendship was brewing. 

Occasionally, his rich friends would show up, but Yoongi made it abundantly clear that I was not part of his group no matter how many ice creams he bought me. 

After I got bored with my phone, I the TV planning on being a potato for the rest of the day.  After all I deserved it.  After a binge of five episodes of Riverdale, my eyes started to close and I couldn't pay attention any more.  When I was about to fall asleep my phone rang.  "Darn!  Why now?" I thought.  

I looked at the clock that showed 7 pm.  "Wow, maybe I did sleep!"

I answered and soon regretted it.  "Hello?"

"Hi Jennie.  Can you come over my house to babysit?"

"Sorry I'm busy." I said about to hang up on Yoongi.

"Please, I need your help!"

"I said no. I'm exhausted."  I blurted out.

"Please you have to help me. I'll pay you double."

"Why, what's going on?"

"My parents left Hwan with me without asking me and I have a date."

"Take him with you then."

Yoongi rolled his eyes at how annoying she was being.  "No, come on.  Aren't we friends?"

"No."

"Pleeeeese!"

"Hell no. I'm hanging up."

"I'll do anything you want!"

"Wow, you must really like this girl."

"Yes she's perfect.  You have to help me."

"Uuuuuug!  Okay, but you have to pick me up."

"Okay, thanks.  Be ready I'm on my way."

A few minutes later Yoongi was at my door with little Hwan in tow.  "Ennie!" Hwan squealed trying to get out of the car.

"No, Hwan we're picking her up, she's going to stay with you while I go somewhere?"

"Oh. Okay.  I want to play!"

"Yay!" I said trying to feel as energetic as I sounded.  "You're going to be good right.  We're going to watch a movie at your house till Yoongi gets home."  

I looked over at Yoongi that was so close to me in his y sports car.  He glanced at me at a red light when I asked. "When will you get home?"

"I don't know, but you promised you'd do it."  After a pause, he asked looking straight ahead, "how do I look?"

I stared at his silhouette as the words slipped my lips,  "hot as usual."

Yoongi turns to look at her.  They stare at each other for a while. "Thanks," he manages to say looking away shyly.

"She's going to like you don't worry,"  I said.  Why does he have to be so hot?

When we got to his house Yoongi opened his wallet and gave me the money. Not bad for a few hours of watching movies. "You still owe me," I said smiling at him cause I knew he would agree to anything just to hurry up and leave.   I looked at him adoringly, and said, "Bye Woongi-ssi have a great time!"  I took long getting out of the car honestly wishing I had more time with him.  He stared at me like I was crazy.  I couldn't stay in character and burst out laughing.  I love messing with him.