Hunger for Love

The Brother

It was the weekend so Jennie was off and doing her own thing.   Hwan was listlessly sitting on the couch in my room watching cartoons.  It seemed to me he was missing Jennie as well. I let him handout in my room today cause I wanted to spend some time with him before I went to Tae's birthday today.  The party was a big deal for him and his family.  He was turning 18 and his dad was going to give him a car just like my dad gave me one on mine.  Taehyung's family was crazy rich and flamboyant.  They went all out at parties, so I knew there was going to be tons of people there.  Jennie was going to be in the middle of it as his date.  I don't think she will be prepared for the envy of the crowd for snagging Taehyung.  My own girlfriend hates her and is probably spreading lies about her to her rich girlfriends. Yoongi was so frustrated.  He couldn't believe how he had acted with Jennie.  He wanted to protect her, but how? She was so nice she even confessed that she had flirted with him.  

I want her so bad but now I've ruined my chance and she's going to fall in love with Taehyung's charm.  She doesn't know that he might be using her to get back at me for Seulgi.  I don't know if Tae is really interested in Jennie or trying to get back at me.  She is so awesome ... he probably is.  If I tell her what he might be up to, it might hurt her feelings.  I can't do that.  I hope Tae really likes her or I'm going to hurt him.  All these thoughts occupied him till it was almost time to get ready.

He looked at Hwan sleeping on the couch and wondered why his life couldn't be more like hers? He wished his family was more chill like Jennie's.  He felt so good at her house with the whole family eating together and sharing ideas and stories at the dinner table.  At his house, they ate quietly and kids were not allowed to speak.  Poor little Hwan didn't even eat with them so he didn't know what it's like to be with a loving family sharing meal times together.  I hope Hwan will continue to be around Jennie so he can experience what it's like to be accepted and loved.  I don't want him to be like me.  Afraid to love.  Afraid to tell my mom what I really want or need because she will take away what little love and approval I have.  

Yoongi sighed looking at himself in the mirror.  He wished he could go back in time and let Seulgi choose Taehyung instead of him.  She was so beautiful and fierce, he was immediately attracted to her and asked her to be his girlfriend too quickly.  As he got to know her, he realized how cold and broken she was.  She had the nice act, that she pulled when she wanted someone to like her, but her true colors came out soon enough. He wanted to break up with her but she threatened to kill herself if he did.  He felt trapped.  Another person hungry for love and she wasn't getting it from him.  He didn't even want to spend time with her because she was so annoying and always suspected that he was cheating on her.  She blew up when she saw a picture of Jennie on his phone.

Yoongi arrived at her house to pick her up for the party.  There was no way she was going to miss this.  All her petty friends were going to be there.  He had to admit she looked stunning.

 

She was happy that I complimented her and she hugged me sweetly.  I felt bad for thinking she was not a good person.  She was just hurt and lashed out at those who threatened her.