The First Day of Training

Through The Schedules

Cheng Xiao's POV

I woke up at 6am and prepared for my first day. I don’t know what to expect and I am so nervous. 

I looked at the mirror and told myself, “Cheng Xiao, you can do this! Jiayou!” 

I ate breakfast from the things we bought last night. At 8am Sunghee picked me up. 

“Good morning Sunghee.” I greeted her with a smile. 

“Good morning Cheng Xiao. Did you have a good rest?” She asked.

“Yes.” I replied with a smile.

“Good luck on your first day.” She said. 

“Thank you.” I replied. 

Throughout the ride, I keep encouraging myself. We arrived at the company building and Sunghee told me to follow her. She gave me a tour around the company. First, we went to the dance practice room and she introduced me to the trainees. I saw Xuan Yi and Mei Qi there and they smiled widely at me. Next, she showed me the vocal, language and recording practice rooms. She gave me a briefing on what will I do throughout my trainee life.

I was mentally talking down notes while listening to her. 

“Oh. I think I should introduce you to them. They will be the first group that the company will debut.” Sunghee said as she guide me to another practice room. 

She knocked at the door and we went inside.

I saw the back of 5 tall guys practicing a sweet song. They were being observed by 2 people and I think those people are their choreographer and vocal teacher. 

When they finished, we went to them. 

“Hi guys! This is our new trainee from China.” Sunghee said to them. 

“Hi guys! I’m Cheng Xiao.” I greeted them with a bow and smile. 

“Oh! We have a fellow Chinese here!” One of the trainers said. 

“Hello. I’m Yi Xuan.” A tall guy with deep voice greeted in mandarin.

“Hi. I’m Wenhan.” Another guy said in mandarin. 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seunyeon immida.” A guy greeted me in Korean.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sungjoo imnida.” The next guy also introduced himself in Korean.

One guy was not there to greet me. 

“Yibo! Why don’t you meet our new trainee.” Yi Xuan shouted at the guy who was still practicing.

“A few minutes won’t hurt you.” Sungjoo said. 

“Sorry about that. He loves to practice.” Wenhan said.

I became uncomfortable and curious at the same time because it seems like he’s so aloof that he didn’t want to meet me.

That Yibo guy ran over to our direction.

“Hi. I’m Cheng Xiao and I’m the new trainee. Nice to meet you.” I said in a soft voice. 

“Hello. I’m Wang Yibo.” He replied. 

“Now that we finished greeting Cheng Xiao. Let’s continue practicing.” Yibo said as he tried to go away from us but Yi Xuan  prevented him from going by putting his arms around Yibo’s shoulders. 

“Hey. Don’t be like that.” Yi Xuan said. 

I felt hurt after he said that because it feels like he doesn’t like. What did I do that made him dislike me? I wondered. I was never treated that way in my whole life.

“Cheng Xiao, don’t feel offended about Yibo. He doesn’t dislike you, he just loves to practice that’s why he’s so adamant that we practice with him. He’s a good guy.” Yi Xuan explained as he observed that I had a puzzled expression. 

“Oh, okay. Don’t worry. I better get going so you can practice. Good luck on your debut and it was nice meeting all of you.” I said to them. 

“Bye Cheng Xiao. Good luck on your training. Jiayou!” They replied. 

Sunghee and I left the room and as we head back to the training room, she talked to me.

“Don’t be surprised at Yibo. He’s like that to everyone. He doesn’t talk much and he’s awkward around people. And he’s also dedicated to practicing.” Sunghee said.

“Oh really? I really thought he dislikes me.” I said. 

“Nah. He’s like that to everyone. When I toured him around the company, it felt like I was talking to a wall because he’s not saying anything.” Sunghee said.

We reached the training room and Sunghee left me there.

“Good luck on your training.” Sunghee said. 

“Thank you for touring me today. I will train hard.“ I said. 

I went back and started my training.

When I went back at the dorm, I lay in my bed and looked back on the things that happened today. Everything went well except meeting Yibo. My dance practice was good and everyone was very welcoming except him. I think that he’s not the type of person that I could befriend. I better avoid him at any cost. 

I was so tired and I dozed off after too much thinking about the things that happened today. 

 

Author’s Note:

Here’s chapter 2. How was it? Please leave a comment about your thoughts for this chapter. Thank you :)