Don't Pick Me

Through The Schedules

2015

Cheng Xiao’s POV

I am currently training at Yuehua Entertainment for about a year already and so far it was okay. Although sometimes I feel a little homesick and exhausted, I try my best to fight it and be strong. I really want to debut and become an idol.

Today, I just arrived at the company to train and while I was stretching, the dance trainer called all the female trainees.

“Okay everyone gather around because I have an announcement to make.” The dance trainer said.

All of us went to her.

“Now that everyone’s here. UNIQ needs a backup dancer for their song and we’re looking for one female trainee to be paired with them.” She explained.

Almost all of the female trainees smiled except for me. I don’t want to be with them. I can see that my fellow trainees want the role.

“All of you will have the chance and you need to audition. Prepare a one minute dance piece where you can showcase your acting. I’ll give you a day to practice and conceptualize. We will choose who will be UNIQ’s back up dancer for their new song tomorrow.” The dance trainer explained the details.

“All clear?” She asked us.

“Neh!” We answered.

“Okay so class dismissed.” She continued and went out of the dance practice room.

The room was filled with voices and the trainees talked about what to do for their audition tomorrow.

Mei Qi and Xuan Yi went to me and we talked to each other.

“Xiao Xiao! Do you know what you would dance tomorrow?” Xuan Yi asked me.

“I don’t know. I’m not that motivated because I don’t wanna be paired with them.” I said with a sad face.

“You still haven’t got over with the Yibo incident?” Mei Qi asked me.

“Yes.” I answered.

“But he’s apologetic for what he did and he already said sorry to you.” Mei Qi said.

“Well. He made me feel uncomfortable and awkward so I don’t think I would like to dance with him.” I answered Mei Qi.

“And don’t try to justify him just because you two are close.” I added because Yibo and Mei Qi are close friends.

Xuan Yi laughed and added “I think Mei Qi should be the one who would be paired with UNIQ.”

“Yes. I think so too.” I said while giving Mei Qi a teasing look.

“Well you’re a great dancer and you could act too.” Xuan Yi said.

“And your acting will be natural because you’ll be with your close friend.” I said.

“Hey guys stop it. Don’t tease me.” Mei Qi said while giving us an exasperated expression.

Xuan Yi and I laughed.

“We should start practicing for our audition tomorrow.” I said to them.

We went separate ways and we practiced our own audition piece.

The next day came and everyone was nervous. We were called one by one to perform in front of 5 people who were our dance trainers and UNIQ’s choreographer. They called my name and I braced myself to perform well.

I chose to dance to the song Crazy In Love from Fifty Shades of Grey. I tried to be sensual as possible. My dance showcased my flexibility and I gave them different facial expressions. I did my best because I want to give the judges a good impression of me.

After I performed, they clapped their hands and told me to wait outside for the results.

After all of us finished performing, we waited for about 30 minutes and they called us back.

“We all saw your audition and we already decided who will perform with UNIQ. Congratulations Cheng Xiao.” The choreographer announced with a smile.

I was shocked when I heard the announcement. And I was really happy that they chose me.

“Thank you.” I muttered to the judges.

“You will practice with UNIQ at 8am two days from now. Don’t be late.” The choreographer said.

“Neh. Thank you.” I said.

After that Xuan Yi and Mei Qi went to me and congratulated me.

“Congrats Xiao Xiao!” They said while hugging me.

“I’m so happy for you.” Xuan Yi said.

“Thank you guys. I didn’t expect that I’ll be chosen.” I said.

“Well since you got the role, you better treat us dinner.” Xuan Yi said.

“Okay. What would you like to eat?” I asked.

“Yay!” Mei Qi and Xuan Yi said.

“Let’s eat at XX Restaurant.” Mei Qi suggested.