Should We Start Over Again?

Through The Schedules

Yibo’s POV

I woke up at past 6AM and prepared for my practice for our new song Luv Again. Last year, I debuted as UNIQ with the song Falling In Love and earlier this year we had a comeback with EOEO.

I want to be early that’s why I went to the company building earlier than my geges. I want to stretch and practice my dance moves because I don’t have that much time due to hectic schedules after debuting.

When I arrived there at 7:15 AM, I was surprised to see Cheng Xiao there. She went there earlier than me and I can see that she is dedicated. She was stretching when I saw her and I didn’t know how to approach her so I just stood there and watched her in silence.

Mei Qi mentioned that Cheng Xiao is flexible but I didn’t know she was that flexible. It was my first time seeing how flexible she is and I was amazed.

Then, she stopped stretching and looked at my direction. Our eyes met but as usual, she avoided my gaze. I was shy to greet her and I was glad that she was the first one to approach me.

“Oh you’re here. Good morning sunbaenim.” She greeted me shyly.

“Good morning.” I replied shortly. I was worried because I didn’t know what to say to continue the conversation.

After that, we had an awkward silence and Cheng Xiao tried to break the ice by saying.

“You’re so early sunbaenim.” She commented.

“But you still went here earlier than me.” I replied because usually I’m the first one to arrive at the practice room.

“I’ll continue stretching sunbae nim.” Cheng Xiao said.

“Let me stretch with you.” I said because it would be so awkward doing nothing.

She didn’t respond and started stretching and I stretched with her.

She did a different stretching because she’s far more flexible than me.

After a few minutes she stopped stretching and sat down. I also stopped and sat down beside her because I think it would be more awkward if we sat away from each other. The both of us didn’t say a word to each other. After a moment of pure silence, I decided to talk to her and formally apologize because we were really awkward with each other.

“Mei Qi said that you still think that I dislike you. I’m sorry for what I did and for making you feel that I dislike you. I don’t dislike you, I’m just awkward with strangers and I don’t open up easily to people.” I explained.

I can see that she was shocked and she didn’t reply.

“Well you need to say something, that was the longest sentence I spoke to someone that I’m not close with.” I said while smirking but deep inside I was hoping she will react.

She smiled and I was relieved.

“Finally I saw you smile. Let’s start over again. I hope I’ll erase the bad impression you have of me.” I said.

“Okay. I know that you’re aloof with strangers but I was just hurt because it was the first time that someone treated me that way. Don’t worry. Let’s be friends.” She replied with a smile.

I was happy to hear that and we continued talking.

When the door opened, I heard Yi Xuan said, “What is the meaning of this?” And I saw that all the UNIQ geges saw me and Cheng Xiao talking to each other.