A Not-So-Nice First Meeting

Through The Schedules

Yibo’s POV

We were practicing for our debut when we heard a knock at our door. I wonder who it is. I just continued practicing to improve myself. After our practice, I heard Sunghee say that we have a new trainee. Well, I’m not good at meeting new people so I decided to continue practicing. All UNIQ members except me went there and introduced themselves. When I heard Yi Xuan calling me, I decided to go there and meet the new trainee. 

“Hi. I’m Cheng Xiao and I’m the new trainee. Nice to meet you.” She greeted me with a smile. 

“Hello. I’m Wang Yibo.” I replied. I didn’t know what to say in this situation and I’m not good at making friends and doing the first move. 

“Now that we finished greeting Cheng Xiao. Let’s continue practicing.” I said because I didn’t know what to do. And all the geges are looking at me weirdly. I tried to went away but Yi Xuan prevented me from doing it. 

“Hey. Don’t be like that.” Yi Xuan to me. 

Wenhan also tugged my shirt and his eyes went to Cheng Xiao. I looked at her and saw her having a puzzled expression and that her smile faded. I realized that might offended her. I was about to say sorry but someone said something. 

“Cheng Xiao, don’t feel offended about Yibo. He doesn’t dislike you, he just loves to practice that’s why he’s so adamant that we practice with him. He’s a good guy.” Yi Xuan explained to Cheng Xiao when he observed her puzzled expression. 

“Oh, okay. Don’t worry. I better get going so that you can practice. Good luck on your debut and it was nice meeting all of you.” She replied.  

“Bye Cheng Xiao. Good luck on your training. Jiayou!” The other members replied. 

Cheng Xiao went out and I braced myself because I know that the geges will  scold me for what I do. 

“Wang Yibo! Why did you do that? I think Cheng Xiao was offended.” Seungyeon said.

“Yes. Her expression changed when you said that we should go practice. You should be a little bit more welcoming. At least try to talk with her.” Sungjoo said.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that. Uhm. I’m not good at making the first move when meeting new people.” I said while scratching the back of my head. 

“But still, you didn’t need to tell her that we should continue practicing after we finished meeting her. That was ungentleman like.” Wenhan said.

“And you didn’t apologized at her.” Yi Xuan added.

“I was about to say sorry but you apologized in behalf of me first.” I said to Yi Xuan.

I saw the faces of my geges light up and I know something was up. 

“Really? Aren’t you just making excuses?” Sungjoo said while giving me a taunting expression.

“No. I was really going to say sorry because I saw that her expression changed and I realized that I offended her.” I explained my side to them. 

“Oh. So you saw that her smiled faded as soon as you said to continue practicing?” Seungyoun asked.

“Yes. And I felt guilty about what I did.” I said. 

“Well you better make it up to her. I think you just gave her a bad first impression.” Wenhan said. 

“Yes. I will. I will try to apologize to her myself.” I reassured the geges.

“By the way isn’t she pretty?” Yi Xuan asked.

“Yes. She’s so pretty.” Sungjoo and Seungyoun said.

“But I think she’s so young. I wonder how old is she?” Wenhan said.

“I think she’s younger than me.” I said.

“What? How did you know that?” Sungjoo asked.

“I heard from the trainers that the new trainee is a 98-liner from China.” 

“A 98-liner? Wow. She’s so young.” Seungyoun said.

“She and Yibo has a 1 year gap. I think they should be friends.” Yi Xuan said.

“But I don’t think they will be. It started with a bad first meeting.” Wenhan said. 

We continued practicing until we called it a day. 

I went back to my dorm and decided to sleep early that night. I looked back from what I did that day and I was regretful from what I did to Cheng Xiao. I’ll apologize to her as soon as possible.

 

 

Author’s Note:

This is Chapter 3. What are your thoughts about the story? Please leave a comment, I would gladly appreciate it. It will motivate me to continue writing :)