I Didn’t See It Coming

Through The Schedules

Cheng Xiao’s POV

 I got up at 6am and took a bath. Today’s the day where I will be practicing with UNIQ. They sent me the video of the choreographer and it was really easy so I already memorized it. However, I was concerned with the amount of skinship involved in the performance but I need to be professional about it so I try not to mind it.

I hurriedly prepared and went to the company building. I arrived there at 7:00 AM because I don’t want to be late and I want to have some time to stretch and shake off my nerves. When I arrived at the practice room there are no person there. I don’t want to do nothing so I started stretching. I started with my back and leg stretching. I am flexible because I studied Chinese traditional dance in China but I gave it up to go to Korea.

I was stretching for 15 minutes when I felt that someone was watching me so I stopped. I stood up after doing splits and I looked at the door. I was shocked when I saw Yibo there. Our eyes met but I immediately avoided his gaze.

“Oh you’re here. Good morning sunbae nim.” I greeted him because I know that he won’t make the first move. “Good morning.” Yibo replied shortly. We had an awkward silence so I decided to try and break the ice. “

You’re so early sunbae nim.” I said because I discovered that it’s only 7:15 AM but our practice will start at 8AM.

“But you still went here earlier than me.” He replied.

I didn’t know what to respond so I just said. “Neh. I’ll continue stretching sunbae nim.”

“Let me stretch with you.” Yibo said. I was shocked to hear that so I didn’t respond. He started stretching with me.

After a few minutes I stopped stretching and sat down. He also stopped and sat down beside me. I was unfamiliar with him and we really didn’t talk. We just sat beside each other. After a moment of pure silence, I was startled when he talked.

“Mei Qi said that you still think that I dislike you. I’m sorry for what I did and for making you feel that I dislike you. I don’t dislike you, I’m just awkward with strangers and I don’t open up easily to people.” Yibo explained.

I was shocked and I didn’t know how to respond. I didn’t see it coming. I never expected that Yibo will apologize to me sincerely.

“Well you need to say something, that was the longest sentence I spoke to someone that I’m not close with.” Yibo said while smirking.

I smiled after hearing it because I didn’t know that he could joke.

“Finally I saw you smile. Let’s start over again. I hope I’ll erase the bad impression you have of me.” Yibo said.

“Okay. I know that you’re aloof with strangers but I was just hurt because it was the first time that someone treated me that way. Don’t worry. Let’s be friends.” I replied with a smile. After that we talked with each other.

Author’s Note: Yay! The gap between their relationship is filled. What are your thoughts for this chapter? Please comment below. It will really motivate me to update faster.