Chapter 8

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment ^_^

Driver Kim beeped the car at someone as he stopped the car abruptly, breaking Jaebeom out of his reverie and causing the seatbelt to tighten around his ribs, making him wince in the process. His hand reached his right side and shut his eyes tightly as the pain came in waves. They had been stuck in traffic for the past hour and a half.

'' Mr.Im '' Driver Kim called '' Are you okay ? ''.

'' Driver Kim, what's going on ? '' He asked.

'' Radio says there was an eight car pileup a couple blocks away. I'm afraid we're going to wait for a while ''.

Jaebeom nodded as he leaned back in his seat. Suzy looked up at him with a concerned look.

'' You should have taken a break until your injury is healed but you keep pushing yourself beyond your limit. You're really stubborn '' She sighed '' Do you want to go to the hospital ? ''.

'' There's no need, i'll be fine after a little rest '' He paused as he stared at her '' Suzy, about the thing that you need to know. I ... - ''.

'' I don't think this is the right time for this. '' She said, voice so soft that it was almost inaudible '' You should take a better care of yourself ''.

'' Mrs.Im ... I mean Ms.Bae '' Driver Kim interrupted them '' Mr.Im haven't been sleeping for the past five days and he can't sleep on his bed because it's uncomfortable ''

'' Mr Kim, what are you doing right now '' Jaebeom warned him.

Suzy turned her head towards Jaebeom at the new information '' Oh really ? What else do you have Driver Kim ? ''.

'' He has been driving by himself instead of calling me even though the doctor strictly prohibited him from driving '' Driver Kim replied '' Ah, i almost forgot about his bad drinking habits every night ''.

'' Mr Kim, I'm so disappointed in you right now '' Jaebeom said calmly and held his breath when the sharp pain was back.

The elder replied with a light chuckle '' You can disappointed in me Mr.Im but i'm really doing this because you've been neglecting yourself lately and i think that telling Ms.Bae about this is better than telling your father ''.

Jaebeom closed his eyes and decided to remain silent. He had already lost against them.

'' Ms.Bae is always very nice, she always talks so kindly about you Mr.Im '' The chauffeur continued, a content smile graced his face that has aged with time '' She would sometimes invite me to drink tea with her, asking about your wellbeing ''.

Suzy's eyes widened '' Mr Kim, you're supposed to keep this a secret '' Her eyes wandered to look at everything else but Jaebeom.

'' Thank you Mr. Kim. You can expect a raise in your salary soon '' A smile unconsciously made its way to his lips, despite how his heart clenched.

'' Lastly, forgive me for being nosy Mr.Im '' Driver Kim added with a knowing smile.

___________________________________________

Jaebeom slowly turned the knob of the door and pushed it open, revealing a dark foyer. There were no lights and it was quiet without the maids and guards being around. He slowly removed his jacket as not to aggravate the pain and hung it with his arms. He walked toward his room, opening his drawer and changing his clothes. Suddenly he heard a knock on the door.

'' Jaebeom ? '' Suzy called him.

'' Suzy, what are you doing here ? i thought Mr.Kim was supposed to take you home ''

'' I have to make sure that you're resting ''.

'' I'm not kid '' He replied '' So please leave, you shouldn't be here in the first place ''.

'' I'm coming in ''

'' Suzy, leave ''.

She opened the door anyway. She made it a few steps into the room before he was looking at her, standing there with his button-up shirt half off. Her gaze scanned the revealed part of his body. Seeing his injury up close made her breath quiver. His fair skin was a palette of colors it wasn't supposed to be. A terrible inflammation of red, blue and purple. He looked composed. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking.

'' I told you to leave '' His gaze was cold '' You're making me confused with your actions ''.

She stopped in her tracks '' What ? ''.

'' Don't play coy with me. Do you even realize what you're doing to me right now ?. '' His eyes hardened. His words sounded low and dangerous '' Are you playing a game with me, Suzy ? ''.

She blinked upon his sudden retort, his tone was full of held back anger, bewilderment and hurt. Maybe she should have kept her distance from him. He might be thinking that she was giving him a false hope and playing with his feelings when her intentions were only out of concern for him.

'' Is that your way of getting back for what i've done when we were married ? '' He accused her with his wrenching voice. He took a few steps closer to her as he tugged her arm, holding it firmly against his grip '' To be honest, it was you who decided to be confined in this house because you were afraid that your cover will blow . You knew that i was a well known businessman and you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter