Chapter 14

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'll post the next chapter after i get five comments so don't  forget to comment ^^

' The number you have dialed is unattended at the moment. Please try calling later '

Jaebeom ended the call and tried again. Same response. This was the 7th call he made that was unanswered. He was getting a bit paranoid, especially after the envelope they received this morning.

He stared at his phone and gripped it tightly, wondering what was happening at the moment. His mind wandered through many things - all arriving to a single question.

' Why is she not answering her phone ? '

He unconsciously tapped the table in front of him as he slouched his back on the chair he was currently sitting at.

'' Mr.Lim '' His assistant voice brought him back to the present. He was at a meeting. 

He slowly turned his chair, facing the other board members of the meeting. the presenter standing in front stopped from talking and focus his gaze upon him.

'' Let's stop before you give us the financial graph. I'd like to adjourn this meeting before that '' Jaebeom stated flatly as he stared back towards the front. He heard groans and protests from the others but that's not really one of his concerns right now.

A few moments later, they wrapped up the matter and called the meeting off. Jaebeom immediately rose up to his feet with his assistant tailing behind him.

'' Assistant Kim, please call the chief security of my house and tell him to bring in the latest CCTV footage '' He paused organising his thoughts.

He slowly went to sit on his chair as he closed his eyes. Whatever he tried to think, it would always lead back to the fact that he was afraid she'd run away from him.

Suzy walked towards her bedroom And when she was finally situated at the large bed, she pulled one pillow and hugged it while uncrumpling the photograph she had earlier. Her finger smoothed the edges as she stared at it while letting out a sigh. Unconsciously, she picked her phone up and dialed the number of the very person on the photo.

It  took a few rings before Jinyoung picked it up.

'' Suzy '' The way he called her name felt like he was relieved '' I'm sorry about earlier, i might have overreacted because i was worried about you, are you - ... ''

'' I didn't call because of what happened earlier, and i'm sill mad with you if you want to know. Because of our argument, i forgot to mention that a photograph of the two of us was in the envelope. A photograph of that night at the bus station  '' She told him as she slowly got up. The photo completely discared on the bed '' The night i told you i wanted to divorce my husband.''

'' I didn't know who your husband was back then but now that you are together again, it'll be bad if he sees the photograph '' Jinyoung replied.

Suzy walked over the large glass windows of the room, her eyes looking down at the busy city streets of Seoul '' I'm glad i grabbed it first before he did '' She bit her lip.

'' You should tell him ! It's best if he hears it from you first '' He suggested.

'' No, not now. Jinyoung, whoever sent these photos wants to ruin my relationship with Jaebeom and i need to find him as fast as possible ''.

'' I'm sorry, Suzy. '' She was not sure of the reason of his sudden appology. She wanted to tell him not to worry about it. They weren't doing anything wrong. But the fact that it might be taken badly by Jaebeom was what's bothering here. Suddenly it felt as if everything was conspiring to bring her down lately.

She remembered that night so well, it was raining when she saw Jinyoung at the same bus stop as her, She has known him for five months around that time. She remembered how they chatted for a bit and probably got carried away with the conversation. Time flew so fast and it was already midnight, she recalled how he comforted her when she told him that she was getting a divorce.  She was surprised that the lights were off when she was home. Upon entering the living room, she saw rose petals scattered on the floor. It was arranged like a suprise for someone.The place seemed like someone was inside hours before her arrival, patiently waiting for her. And the evidence of that was how arranged the place was. Only then she remembered that day was her wedding anniversary, it was the day before she left him. She felt guilty that she forgot about it, even though her relationship with Jaebeom was already broken and she was leaving tomorrow, it still was an important date for them. Her phone rang and her heart pounded like crazy upon seeing Jaebeom's name flashing on the screen. She answered it and pretended to be tired and sleepy the entire duration of the call. Jaebeom didn't bring up the anniversary and she was too scared to even open it with him. He asked where she was and she said she was at her parents house. He told her that he had some work to take care of and that he wanted to spend the day with her tomorrow.

Suzy laid her phone down before rolling over to look at the photograph again. Finality covered her decisions as she started to tear the photograph, turning it to shreds. She laid on her bed as she allowed herself to be lulled to sleep.

A loud banging awakened her from her slumber as frantic footsteps and a worried voice started reveberating just outside the bedroom door. And when she was about to rise to unlock the door, it was busted open.

'' Suzy '' Heavy footsteps immediately conquered the distance in between with arms strong enough to crush her yet tender enough to have her body enveloped in his embrace.

'' I was worried '' His head now dipped in between the crook of her neck '' For a moment, i thought something happened to you ''.

She looked up at Jaebeom '' I-I'm sorry, i locked the door and i fell asleep '' She whispered, hands now holding tightly on her husband's coat '' I made you worry again, didn't I ? ''.

'' Worry would be an understatement ... you did not return any of my calls '' He trailed off, his fingers caressing the side of her face '' Though i'm relieved it was because you were sleeping and it was nothing serious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter