Chapter 1

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she saw Jaebeom for the first time, it was love at first sight. Her heart raced. When she met eyes with him, she felt her chest was going to explode. She wanted to touch him, to be with him and love him with every fiber of her being. And it didn't matter how controlling he got. Her emotions for him compelled her to be patient and understanding, to allow him liberties she wouldn't give to any other person even if he was being irrational about it.

This instant feeling grew over time. When she said ' I do ' one month after that first eye contact, that love was already unconditional. She knew that whoever he was and whoever he could become, she would love him through it all.

Flashback

'' Suzy ? Where are you ? ''.

She knew her husband was going to burst into the room within approximately two minutes. She knew he would see her packed bags sitting on the foot of the bed, and his eyes would go could to persuade her not to leave.

The bedroom door flung open within the predicted time frame, and there Jaebeom stood. His eyes darted around the room, lingered on the raided closet and her luggage as if they held some kind of answer as to why she had packed away all her belongings. Then, they lifted and met hers.

'' I'm leaving '' Her words were spoken softly, spoken them in the same tone of i love you.

He stayed silent for a moment, trying to somehow piece together what she said with recent events. They were doing perfectly fine. '' Why ? '' He finally said '' Did i do something wrong ? If i've made you feel upset, i promise it was never my intention ''.

'' Because you've married the wrong person '' She said evenly, willing her voice to stay steady.

'' Did someone say something to you ? '' Jaebeom interrupted. He realized how tightly he was gripping her hands and relaxed. Her fingers trembled against his palms.

'' No, i just realized that you're not the one for me. I just fell in and out of love so quickly. We made a reckless decision to get married so soon '' She handed him the divorce papers.

'' I'm not signing those '' His voice was a period, a finality, and his eyes had grown cold '' You aren't going anywhere ''.

'' Jaebeom, i don't wish to cause you trouble, we married secretly and i hope to end it this way ''.

He had no words. For a long agonizing minutes, he could do nothing but gape in incredulity. He couldn't understand. His gaze flickered to the papers in his hand then up to her '' What can i do to fix this ? ''.

'' There is nothing you can do about it. I no longer love you. I'm sincerely sorry '' She said thickly through tears.

'' But i love you ''.

'' Love me ? '' She shook her head '' You've never loved anyone, how would you know if you were in love ? ''.

He wanted to protest, to argue .. but he had promised her to never block her way. More so he had promised himself to always give her what she wanted, not matter the cost to himself. He knew this relationship was hurting her, and he didn't want that anymore. But he didn't want her last memory together to be a messy fight.

'' Is that truly what you wish ? ''

He took solace in her hesitance, but in the end, she still nodded. In the end, she walked out of their house. In the end, she disappeared from his life. The emptiness that has been his friend for so long once again settled in the pit of his chest. It seemed larger now.

End of flashback

Park Jinyoung stepped into the library, listening to the faint ringing of the bell as the door opened, silencing as it echoed against the walls of the building. He made his way down the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter