Chapter 13

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'll post the next chapter after i get 5 comments

Suzy eyes were glued on her phone's screen, her hands shaking in anger as she read the articles. Disappointment and hurt were quick to take over her senses as she felt herself froze on the spot.

Who was the young woman in the picture with Jaebeom and his father ? She thought he was going to explain to his father about their relationship. She knows that he loves her. He said it himself. She felt it herself. But this woman was young to be Mr.Lim's wife. Was his father against their relationship ? Was he trying to arrange a marriage for him ? Why didn't he mention anything to her ?.

It was a good thing that when Jaebeom returned, she had already calmed down. He sat beside her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders as he planted a kiss on the side of her head '' Are you hungry ? ''

Suzy lightly shook her head, throwing the man beside her a soft smile. She suddenly lost her appetite. No matter how good the food smelled, she just didn't feel like eating. She watched as how Jaebeom furrowed his brows, curiously looking at her.

'' My love. Is there something wrong ? ''

She didn't want him to notice that there was indeed something wrong '' No, i'm fine. I just didn't feel like eating ''.

Jaebeom pushed himself up and walked in front of her. He stopped and leaned in, planting a soft kiss on her lips '' I'll be back '' He whispered, his lips hovering just above her own. He quickly planted another kiss '' Stay there ''.

Suzy bit her lip as  she watched him disappear into the kitchen. Tightly closing her eyes, she leaned on the couch, resting her head on the soft cottony fabric of her headrest. What was happening to her ? Was this jealousy ? Was this hurt because his father seemed to not accept their relationship ? Maybe he didn't like her for his son ? She needed to get grip of herself or else she'll most likely lose it in front of him. Wouldn't it be embarrassing to start a fight over an article and a few photos she saw online ?.

After a few seconds, she heard his footsteps coming closer. She opened her eyes and watched him lay two glasses and a bottle of wine.

'' Today has been bad '' He smiled as he sat beside her '' I was planning to tell my father about our marriage but the reporters beat me to it. ''

Suzy watched him as he was busy opening the wine bottle '' He's also getting married '' He added '' My father still cannot differentiate between a woman who loves him and a gold digger. He's always getting manipulated by them ''.

She blinked at him, she was suddenly surprised that he was sharing a part of his life she didn't know about with her '' I guess the dinner didn't go well then '' 

'' He brought his soon to be wife to the private dinner and we ended up having an argument '' he paused '' You don't have to worry about it though '' He was quiet. She could tell he was scrambling up something else to think about to lighten his stress.

'' I'm sorry you had to go through all of this '' She whispered, leaning against Jaebeom's chest while wrapping her arms around his waist. She couldn't help but notice his discomfort when she hugged him.

'' I told you to take it slow '' She scolded him '' Are you okay ? ''.

'' I'm fine, The pain is bearable. The doctor said it's totally fine to feel a little pain sometimes. I'm supposed to make a full recovery in two weeks '' He pulled her even closer as he nuzzled his nose against the top of her head, breathing her in. Fresh smell of strawberries welcomed his sense.

'' You always put your own health on the bottom of the list '' She said in a stern voice '' So it becomes my priority instead ''.

He smiled '' I like the attention though, so maybe i'm not sorry at all. I like being on the top of your priority ''.

She shook her head as she handed him his medicine '' I never said you're on the top though '' She .

'' Well, am i not ? '' He asked as he swallowed the pill 

She ran her hand through his hair gently '' You are. '' She then looked at him and whispered '' Jaebeom ... are you really sure about this ? ''.

'' About what ? '' Jaebeom asked as he closed his eyes.

'' About continuing with the marriage when you father seems to be against it ... '' Her voice went lower until it was almost inaudible '' You might lose the company in the process, i don't ..- ''.

'' I did a terrible mistake '' He cut her off '' I did a terrible mistake by letting you leave me before. But i won't let this happen again, i'm going to stay with you whether my father likes it or not ''.

Lifting a hand, Suzy traced the side of Jaebeom's face with her fingers, the gentle smile never leaving her lips '' Want to hear a little story ? ''.

Jaebeom nodded.

'' When i was a child, i wanted to meet my own prince charming '' She started '' I was in middle school, when i started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter