Chapter 2

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebeom unconsciously tapped the table in front of him as he slouched his back on the swivel chair he was currently sitting at.

'' Mr.Im '' Park Jinyoung's voice brought him back to the present. He was at a meeting. He slowly turned the chair around, facing the other board members of the meeting. The presenter standing in front stopped from his ramblings and focused his gaze upon him.

He heaved a sigh '' Do continue '' He lifted his hand and waved it at him. He shifted then his gaze to Jinyoung, refraining himself from glaring at him.

A few minutes later, they finished up and wrapped the matter. Jaebeom called the meeting off to be scheduled on another day. He immediately rose up to his feet with Jinyoung tailing him from behind.

'' Mr. Im, i have some important matters to take care of. May i take the rest of the day off ? '' Jinyoung asked him.

Jaebeom stopped walking and shifted his gaze to his employee, who couldn't decipher what kind of look he was giving him. He knew though, that it did send shivers down his spine. Maybe he should have asked when he was in a better mood.

'' Park Jinyoung-ssi, you're fired '' His voice was as smooth and cold as ice.

He pushed the double doors of his office and walked inside.

'' M-Mr.Im ... '' Jinyoung trailed off '' Why are you firing me ? ... i cannot understand '' He paused as he breathed deeply '' Mr.Im ... you told last week i'm going to be promoted soon. W-Why are you doing this so suddenly ? ''.

Jaebeom raised a brow at his inquiry. Did he not understand what he just said ? Was he pretending to be clueless now as if he had nothing to do with his ex-wife ?.

'' I'll give you a day to collect your belongings  '' He said as he closed the door behind him.

He slowly went to his chair and sat on it as he leaned his head on the headrest. He felt his head throbbing. He could not calm his thoughts. He messaged his temples as he let out a sigh.

'' Let's sit over there '' Suzy said as she took her ramen.

She and Jinyoung made it a habit to meet almost every evening in the park close to her house expect for the time when he was busy with work or when she's abroad.

Jinyoung took his own bowl of ramen and walked over the bench located on the edges of the the park's grassy areas. They settled down and started eating. 

'' This is so delicious '' She commented.

Jinyoung nodded in agreement '' You have no idea how relieved i am that you're here ''.

Suzy put down her chopsticks as she looked at him with concern '' Something is bothering you. ''

'' Remember when i told you that i was going to be promoted soon ? ''.

'' Did you get promoted today ? '' She asked with a smile '' You scared me, i thought you had an unfortunate day ''.

'' Let me continue first '' Jinyoung said with a sad chuckle '' Mr.Im has other plans for me ''.

His eyes turned to look at her and she was suddenly taken aback by the intensity of his stare. She tried her best not to react upon hearing his name. '' Did he change his mind about your promotion ? ''.

'' Worse, he fired me '' He said, a flash of sadness traveling through his eyes.

Suzy furrowed her brows. Jaebeom wouldn't do something irrational and unreasonable out of nowhere. He was complimenting Jinyoung's work ethic and performance a week ago only to fire him now.

Suzy leaned forward towards Jinyoung and placed her hand over his.

'' Don't be upset. He must have been mad about something else and he just lashed out on you. '' She said softly, squeez

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter