Chapter 17

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm thinking about extending this story to 15 more chapters ! What do you think ? should i make it longer or just finish it after 2 more chapters as i planned before ?

'' Lim Jaebeom, the heir of C&W international, is in critical condition after saving his wife who's known as Mrs.X, the best selling author, from a kidnaper. He was taken to the hospital, but after hours, still remains in operation - ''

With a click, Mark turned off the television in the hospital waiting room. It'd been blaring news about Jaebeom and Suzy.Nobody said a word. Suzy had never felt colder. She could still see Jaebeom's blood on her clothes. She didn't have to speak to the doctor to know the damage the bullet had done. She had seen it with her own eyes. Had felt the rapid spread of his blood. 

Four hours had already passed, and Jaebeom didn't seem any closer to being stable. They were still operating on him, and all she could do was wait. Every tick of the clock was another second she could be losing him. How will she live with the thought that one day, he won't be with her anymore ? It all happened too fast that she had no time to process everything.

'' This is a disaster '' Ji Eun finally broke the silence. Suzy dropped her head. A sudden flash of tears coming to her eyes. She gripped her hands to keep them from shaking. Mark noticed and moved closer.

'' Never have i thought that Jinyoung would do something like this '' Mark let out a sigh.

'' He'll be okay. He has to be '' Suzy said to herself '' He has to .. ''

A group of persons slipped into the waiting room. Suzy held her breath, hoping it'd be the doctor with news, but was met with her parents and driver Kim. Her father's gaze lingered on her the longest as he walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her as he patter her back. Suzy couldn't hold herself any longer. It felt as if she was breaking apart. Her tears continued to stream down her face. Intense fear continued to drown her. He can't die. Jaebeom shouldn't die. He always fought for her, for their marriage and for her happiness. He was a strong man and she always believed in him. He promised her forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suzy air into her lungs as she stood next to one of the hospitals vending machines. It was the furthest spot away from the commotion. The only place with the least amount of people. She was rooted in place. It'd been hours without news on Jaebeom's real condition. She felt so much pain in her chest that she couldn't breathe. Why did this happen ? It was all her fault, she hated Park Jinyoung so much. If she hadn't met him, none of this would have happened in the first place.

Dear god, you won't take him away from me, right ? '' Ms. Suzy ? ''

Suzy turned to see Jaebeom's father who walked towards her '' Jaebeom is out of surgery.''

With that single sentence. She almost crashed into the floor. Her body jumped between two emotional extremes '' What's his condition ? ''

'' He made it.'' He said '' He almost died because of you '' His tone was cold '' I failed to convince my son to divorce you but i'm sure you'll consider it now after being the reason for almost getting him killed. ''

There was silence following those words from Mr.Lim. Suzy didn't utter a reply or rather she couldn't. Part of her couldn't fathom what he has just said to her. His face set like stone with a severe expression. There was no mistake he had said what he had with intention, and he had meant it.

'' My son has suffered enough because of you. I'm offering you a way out. ''

'' A way out ? ''

'' Your friend was one of the reasons for the downfall of my company. Did you know the stress you put my son under ? He was even willing to sacrifice himself to protect you '' He stated '' if i may speak frankly : you're a hindrance to him, to his life and to the company. I'm not going to lose my only son because of his love for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter