Chapter 7

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment 

'' Park Jinyoung ''

Suzy saw him standing in front of the coffee shop, badly wrenched under the rainfall. He glanced at her as he set foot into the store towards the bar counter.

'' Would you want a towel ? '' He heard her offer and she swiftly asked her best friend, Ji Eun, who was the owner of the coffee shop to get her one '' I'd feel bad if you get sick because i asked you to come here ''.

'' I'd have been honored if you said this under different circumstances ''.

'' Jinyoung ... ''

He stared at his hands that were drumming the wooden counter. He let out a sigh as he lifted both hands and curled them together as he leaned his chin on it '' I'm sorry, for lashing out on you the last time we met ''.

'' No, i'm the one who should apologize '' She said slowly.

'' I was overwhelmed and shocked. I mean who would have thought that  my friend is a best seller author who was married to my boss '' He sighed, as he saw her put the coffee mug in front of him '' After our last encounter, i thought well about everything you said and i understand where you're coming from. It must have been hard on you ''.

'' Jinyoung, how can you be so understanding '' She whispered as she looked down at her own mug '' I don't deserve you, you're way too kind '.

Jinyoung smiled '' Since we're being honest, since when were you aware of my feelings ? ''.

Suzy fiddled with her fingers, avoiding his gaze '' What do you mean ? ''.

He took a sip of his coffee, letting the aroma relax his senses '' You heard my confession that night, am i right ? ''.

'' Why are you being so calm about it ? '' Suzy's eyebrow shot up as she slowly faced him, eyes wide with surprise '' Why am i the only one nervous when you're the one who confessed ? ''.

He sighed for the nth time as he settled his cup on the counter. He could hear all the buzzing chats and clinking glass wares over the place. It is a busy afternoon for this café.

'' I know that you've been through a lot and i'm not going to ask for anything from you '' He paused '' But, i hope that our friendship will remain the same ''.

'' I'm sorry for hiding this for you ''.

'' You do not need to apologize it's not your fault '' Jinyoung slowly said " But im curious about something. Is everything that you wrote in your books  real ? ''.

'' The books are based on my life however it doesn't mean that everything you read happened. My life is nothing out of ordinary '' She picked up the stirring spoon and placed it inside the cup, dissolving her reflection on the liquid.

'' Things will get better, i promise you '' He smiled '' I'll do my best to protect your identity from prying people. ''

'' Thank you, Park Jinyoung. I can always depend on you ''.

Suzy stood up and greeted Ji Eun  who came back with a towel '' I apologize that i took so long '' She turned to look at him '' Jinyoung, how are you doing ? ''.

'' I'm fine, thank you for asking ''.

He received the cloth. Laying it down on his lap. He pushed the cold coffee away from him. He leaned back on the backrest of the stool as he lifted his head and closed his eyes. He can feel a migraine coming his way.

Suzy shook her head in disapprove '' It's because you let your wet clothes get dry while wearing it ''.

'' Your nag is a refreshment, if i must say '' He chuckled.

Suzy sighed as she took the towel and dried his hair '' You better not get sick ! ''.

Jinyoung nodded as he stared at her deeply '' Yes my princess ''

Suzy rubbed her eyes making herself adjust to the dark room. She looked at her phone on her bedside table, looking at whoever might be texting her. She had a voice mail from an unknown number.

She clicked the single voice message she received and was surprised to hear an unfamiliar voice on the other end.

'' Hello ? This must be Ms.Bae's phone number. I'm reporter Kim, can we arrange a meeting ?. I have few evidences about you being Mrs.X and it would be better if we can clear any misunderstanding before the articles are released ''.

Her eyes widened. Realization of what she said hitting her. How could this happen ?. She quickly dialed the number of the person of who could verify this whole situation.

'' It's me '' He said.

'' Jaebeom, it's Suzy, I --- '' Her voice failed. It was trembling.

'' What's wrong ? '' He could hear the panic in her voice, making him even more worried than he already was.

'' A reporter found out about my identity ... I-I don't know how it happened '' Her voice gave too much of how she was feeling right now.

'' Suzy, calm down '' She heard him move and suddenly there was various voices in the background '' Can you send me your address, i'll come to you ''.

______________________________________

A knock on the door caught her attention. Suzy stood up as she slowly removed her locks. The door opened revealing Im Jaebeom, his face blank, she saw how his eyes softened when he looked at her.

'' Suzy .. '' He breathed as he called her '' I apologize for being late, i was at meeting and i had to postpone it when you called me ''.

She bit her lip as she shook her head, closing her eyes to prevent her tears from falling again. But she failed as tears streamed down her cheeks and stray strands of hair stuck to her face.

'' Suzy, i know you're distressed by the whole situation but you have to tell me what the reporter told you exactly '' Jaebeom told her gently, coaxing her to lift her head up.

'' She said that she has some evidences about me being Mrs.X and she wants to arrange a meeting with me '' She started, slowly gathering courage as she continued '' Only the people i truly trust know about my identity which are a few. I wonder how she found out about me when i did nothing suspicious ''.

'' It seems like the reporter doesn't have a solid evidence or else she would have already released the article without asking for your permission '' He told her '' A negotiation is still possible so you don't have to worry about it. I'll come with you to the meeting ''.

'' But ... - ''.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter