Chapter 18

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebeom closed his eyes for a bit and groaned lightly. He was terribly tired and his wound was beginning to ache. He has been standing next to the window waiting for Suzy to come. But she has been nowhere to be found since last night. Finally he decided to just lie on the bed and rest the pain off.

He heard a gentle knock and moved his head to see who it was.

'' Where have you been all day ? '' He asked in a concerned tone as soon as he saw Suzy.

Suzy sat by his side, smiling at him '' I was on the verge of making a huge mistake today but i'm here now '' She paused as she lied beside him on the bed '' Your wife is back.''

She felt strong arms crept from behind and wrapped her with it. Her heart started to pound hard against her chest as Jaebeom's chin rested on the crook of her neck.

'' Are you going to tell me what happened ? ''

Jaebeom's breath was warm against her skin  '' Your father tried to get advantage of my guilt because of what happened to you and asked me to leave you. Of course i cannot blame him for trying to protect his son but i couldn't leave you. I tried but i couldn't.''

Suzy was startled for a second when her husband suddenly jerked his body up. Their eyes met and she could see only confusion on his face.

'' Jaebeom. '' After their staring down contest which lasted for more than ten seconds, she tilted her lips up to form a smile '' While i was feeling guilty and responsible for what happened, i couldn't let you live the same pain by leaving you again. '' A single tear made its way down her cheek '' I love you with all my heart but - ''

'' You know that i love you too. Don't blame yourself for what happened. It's Jinyoung who should be guilty not you.'' He reached and caressed her cheek.

Suzy wanted to cry. Maybe it was the fact that Jaebeom was staring at her with those intense eyes. Or maybe, it was the knowledge that he suffered a lot because of her.

'' I can't forget what happened '' She looked down '' Please give me some time to move on. '' She buried her face on his shirt. 

'' I'm going to start my own company and my father will no longer interfere with my life. I know you're going through a hard time. After all Jinyoung was once your best friend. I'll give you all the time you need to feel better but i want you to answer this question; do you want to be with me ? ''

The question made Suzy look up and she sought his eyes '' Of course i do.'' Slowly, his hands crept  up to touch her back and neck '' But promise me that we won't let anyone interfere in our lives anymore.''

Jaebeom's hand tightened around Suzy and she closed her eyes, just wanting to feel the sound of his heartbeat against her ear '' I promise.''

The past few months felt like a blur. Lots of things happened and yet here they were dancing with each other on a business party Jaebeom hosted. Her husband started his own company that was entirely independent from his father's. Somehow it made Suzy happy that he was finally standing on his own and was working hard to build his own conglomerate.

Suzy couldn't focus her attention elsewhere now as she could only see him and no one else but him at this moment. She couldn't take her eyes off as she memorized his features; the way he smiles, the way his eyes sparkles and twinkles when he's looking at her. His touches were always gentle and full of love for her.

She was swaying in the air as Jaebeom held her hand tightly with his own, his other gently holding her waist. All this while as the both of them swayed against the soft music, Suzy couldn't help but procure a tear on her eye. This was overwhelming. Everything was overwhelming. 

Jaebeom looked alarmed as he stopped dancing. He lifted his finger to wipe the tear that rolled to her cheek.

'' What's wrong ? '' He looked genuinely concerned. Out of everyone who were dancing, it was only the two of them that stopped dancing '' You were enjoying your time. Is something the matter ? ''

Suzy stared at him, admiring how his eyes held so many emotions when it came to her. She couldn't believe how people truly thought that her husband was emotionless and cold.

'' Nothing, i just got a little bit emotional '' She laughed gently '' I ... I'm just so happy '' She could feel her emotions bursting from one after the other. She was overwhelmingly happy and her chest couldn't contain everything.

'' You are happy yet you are crying  '' He muttered under his breath as he lifted his eyebrow towards her '' I didn't know my wife was quite the emotional person. '' A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. He seemed amused. He looked at her as if she was the most entertaining thing on earth his eyes ever laid upon.

Suzy smacked his arm as he gently let out a chuckle at the reaction. His laughter was bewitching and she was happy to be able to see it every day.

'' I got a lot of business deals tonight '' He began '' It feels weird. I somehow feel accomplished.''

Suzy gently raised her arms from his torso to wrapping them on his neck '' It feels as if you're raising your own baby and seeing him grow up, right ? '' A smile tugging on her lips.

'' You're right. Though, i'm very sure i won't mind adding one baby to the picture ''

His lips lightly pecked the tip of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter