Chapter 9

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebeom slumped deeper into the leather chair, closing his eyes as his eyes wandered freely. There were abandoned reports scattered all over his desk, an untouched cup of coffee from this morning, and a pile of documents that needed his signature, but he couldn't seem to focus.

It was not like him to be this helpless, to fully be at his own anxiety's mercy. But then again, when it came to her, all kind of emotions that he had locked up simply broke through and swirled inside his head.

A series of knocks filled the room, followed by Mark's voice.

'' Come in ''.

The door opened and Mark walked in. When his eyes fall onto his desk, he simply sighed and gave Jaebeom an unamused look.

'' I'm taking it as you have yet to touch any of these documents ''.

Jaebeom lowered his head in defeat '' It seems like my productivity has decreased greatly today. I'll have to work overnight ''.

Crossing his hands, Mark firmly dismissed the suggestion '' No. You look distressed. Isn't your father  returning to his position next week ?. It would be good if you take a rest ''.

'' That would be so unprofessional of me ''.

Mark rolled his eyes '' Suzy has been calling me lately because apparently you have been ignoring her calls '' .

Jaebeom opened his mouth before closing it again, finding himself at lost for words.

'' She texted me last night '' Mark said '' She asked if i can arrange a meeting with you ''.

Jaebeom's finger twitched at that, although he managed to keep his composure. However, it didn't go unnoticed by his highly observant friend.

'' I see ''.

Mark nodded his head before proceeding '' I told her that you have more workload than usual. She seemed to buy it ... i guess ''.

'' Thank you ''.

'' What happened between you and Suzy ? ''.

'' I don't want to talk about it ''.

Suzy breathed deep as she gently pushed open the big double doors that leads to the café. Her eyes scanned the area, before she saw her manager. He welcomed her as she sat in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter